Pinning this for sure. It was so good Im making it again for dinner tomorrow. Dublin Coddle. Shallots are by far the most annoying allium to peel. Thanks for sharing! I recently read an article in the NYT about recipes being ruined by using a different brand of kosher salt than the recipe was tested with. We absolutely loved the mustard glaze over the potatoes and sausage it really made this dish. Spray rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. And it wasnt too much. My name is Christine Rooney. It actually seared the meat as well as my cast iron pan and I didnt have to wash an extra dish AND I had the added bonus that all the crispy bits from the searing were in the pot adding their yumminess. Remove the pan from the oven and carefully toss the vegetables and sausage in the cooking juices. Thanks once again Deb! Sheet Pan Italian Sausage & Potatoes - The Toasty Kitchen Really nice relaxed Fall Friday dinner at the cottage with friends! Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies - Little Sunny Kitchen rosanne cash's all-american potato salad. I made this with 2 links of vegetarian sausages that I sauteed in a frying pan and added to the veggies when the veggies were done. Ive seen many recipes lately that suggest you can roast cut up potatoes in 20 minutes. Wash and trim your brussels sprouts then cut them in half lengthwise. In a moment, I go from lethargically considering a bunch of options Id rejected on previous evenings for various reasons to mentally calculating how long it will be until dinner and wishing it was now now now. Sheet Pan Sausage, Peppers, Onions and Potatoes Thank you Deb! I love this recipe, its quick to put together, easier than just about anything, and is really well balanced! Stir until completely combined using a fork or. Marinate the chicken: Combine the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, paprika, and salt in a bowl. Dijon mustard, 2 Tbsp. Return to the oven and bake for 25 minutes. Scatter sheet pan with potatoes, peppers, onions, and garlic. This ones a keeper! I think it would be great for now with chicken sausage and asparagus. Be sure to cool completely before transferring to the fridge for storage. I even went a little pepper-heavy (he loves it), & it was a solid hit. Like some of you, I made it with chicken and kale sausage so didnt have any of the extra oiliness that you might expect with regular Italian sausage. The potatoes should be easily pierced with a knife and the sausages thoroughly cooked through when finished. When the 15 mins was up I added the peppers and the sausage to the roasting pan, set the timer for 40 additional minutes. 3. Mix well to be sure everything is coated with oil and seasoned evenly. I try to make your recipes exactly as written, but needed to substitute red onions for shallots as our store didnt have any. Sounds yummy! I, too, am fueled by caffeine. When about 15 minutes out from being done, I added another roasting pan of halved grape tomatoes, olive oil and garlic. Put sweet potato cubes into a bowl and toss with half the oil-balsamic mixture. Just toss the whole bag on the sheet. Looking for more hearty meals? In his world sauerkraut is a food group - I've seen him put it on top of everything from tortillas to pasta to crackers. kosher salt and pepper. And yes, I think kale would be good, less delicate. Serve right away. Thanks as always for the great recipe! Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies - Chelsea's Messy Apron Stir in olive oil, garlic salt and pepper and mix until well combined. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the Italian spices or your favorite spice blend. My husband eats like a picky 5 year old boy, doesnt like most veggies or greens, but we both loved this! This was delicious- kids devoured it! But also some Black Bean Soup: I updated one of my favorite vegetarian (vegan without the crema finish) soups in the archives last week with (drumroll) InstantPot directions (in addition to the existing stovetop and slow-cooker ones). Some other (non-starchy) veg to the roast. Its the most perfect dinner filling yet you dont feel stuffed! Hot Honey Mustard Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies Any vegetarian substitutes for the sausage? Thanks again for this staple, Deb! Start by prepping the ingredients. Directions Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). My grand children are 10 and 12 now, I miss this age. My grocery store sells 1.5 pound bags of little potatoes, and theyre perfect for this. Roast for 25 minutes, tossing once or twice. Your event is sold out. Return the pan to the oven for another 4-5 minutes. Instructions. Pour onto the prepared baking sheet and place in the center of the oven; bake for 15 minutes. Turn sausage over halfway and stir potatoes and green beans. Oktoberfest is a festival that originated in Germany and celebrates Bavarian culture. my family, meaning I cant wait to make this! She just takes my breath away. I gussied it up a little further today (kept the leftover roasted mix separate from the arugula when I packed the leftovers) by adding halved cherry tomatoes and balsamic vinegar into the mix. Thank you for sharing this recipe! Pour green beans on sheet pan. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Preheat the oven to 425F. Enjoy! Oh, she said I love Smitten Kitchen!. Delicious. Next time I will put a scoop of sausage and veggies on top of arugula on the plate and squeeze the lemon over so I can keep the rest for leftovers. I only had a package of spinach/arugula mix, so I added that to the potato/sausage mixture. Next, add sausage, corn, and onions to bowl. Stir and add to prepare baking sheet. Preheat oven to 400. Sheet Pan Sausage, Potatoes, and Brussels Sprouts Step 1 out of 6. Directions Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). But it was easy and tasty and the 4yo acquiesced to eating arugula since it meant getting sausage so I will probably be making it again. If you love German flavors check out this Kohlrabi Schnitzel! sheet pan chicken tikka - smitten kitchen Yours, too, will probably vary a little depending on the thickness and of your sausages and potato cuts. Ha! Using oven mitts, carefully remove the hot sheet pan. Layer the sausage evenly over the potatoes. Meal Prep Plan: How I Prep a Week of Vegetable-Heavy Sheet-Pan Dinners The sauce is what brings everything together. Will definitely be making it again and again this Fall and Winter!! Its simple and amazing and we all love it. oh goodness. Sheet Pan Sausage and Potatoes - On Ty's Plate Put the baking sheet in the oven and let it get hot. So good. This was delish. I think youll have a crowd, and I should call ahead! I will definitely make this again. I checked out the original recipe. Megan. HI Deb, Im making this tonight for sureas Ive still got arugula in my garden that I need to eat, but my three kids wont eat that much arugula- too peppery and bitter for them. ), and now I also feel like I know how to make just the potatoes and shallots for a side dish in the future. Make with spicy sausage from the farmers marker. In a small bowl, combine butter, garlic and Old Bay seasoning. Thanks for another great recipe! Roast for 15 minutes, at which they'll be barely beginning to color. It was supposed to link to this recipe and now does. Add potatoes, pepper, beans, and onion to a large bowl. Assemble the ingredients. I would add more shallots than the 1/2 pound it suggests but Im a huge fan of roasted onions/shallots in general! olive oil and tsp. Sheet Pan Sausage, Green Bean, and Potato Dinner - Mashup Mom It is beloved by every member of my family (including my finicky 3 year old), and I can START the meal when I get home from work and still get the kids to bed on time. Suddenly Im craving it. So simple, so delicious. A lovely meal to look forward to! Thank you so much for the reply! The safe internal temp for German sausage is 160 degrees Fahrenheit and this may be tested using a food thermometer. In other news, your black bean soup is a staple lunch for me, and I make it in the pressure cooker all the time. Easy Sheet Pan Dinner With Sausage, Potatoes & Veggies Sorry, that was meant to be a reply to pregnant Caits comment! I also added a little dijon and honey to the lemon juice for a bit more depth. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook potatoes until just tender and parboiled, about 10-13 minutes. And I used sweet Italian turkey sausage. Sheet pan meals like this are the best. Arrange the sausages directly on top of the potatoes. Lay the vegetables on the prepared sheet pan and nestle the sausages in between the vegetables. Add potatoes and toss to coat. I reviewed the comments but dont think this has come up yet: are the sausages supposed to be cooked or raw? How to Make Sheet Pan Smoked Sausage, Peppers, Onions and Potatoes Preheat oven to 400F and line a large baking sheet or sheet pan with foil for easy clean up. Instructions. In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, garlic cloves, Italian seasoning, paprika, salt, and pepper. Sheet Pan Sausage, Potatoes, and Brussels Sprouts By Kristen McCaffrey Updated on Mar 29, 2022 This Sheet Pan Sausage, Potatoes, and Brussels Sprouts dish couldn't be easier plus it is clean eating, gluten-free, Paleo, and Whole30 friendly. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are cooked all the way through, stirring the pan halfway through. Thank you! The last time I made this I forgot to get lemons, so I added some balsamic vinegar, probably about a tablespoon and tossed it with everything at the end it came out yummy. I, too, have strong opinions about salt. It's full of German flavors and topped with a tangy mustard glaze. Better, but I probably wont make this again. Add the sausage, potatoes, onions and canola oil to a large bowl. I make this at least once a month (my kids gobble it up) but I almost always flip the ratio of cook time 25-30ish minutes for potatoes and ~20 for sausages, which I leave out at room temp while prepping. If poutine wanted to be a salad, this would be it. Oktoberfest is basically a giant party. And one of these days Ill remember to read the recipe more thoroughly before I start, and I wont peel the shallots. OMG! If you can get to Oyama on Granville Island when youre here, they have the best sausages and charcuterie. 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and cubed 1 large yellow onion diced 3 cloves garlic slivered 2-3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or other cooking oil 1-2 teaspoons seasoning of choice (see notes) 16 oz. If you havent tried this yet, MAKE IT TONIGHT! Bake for 30 minutes, or until sausages are cooked through. I am truly amazed by your never ending creations and enthusiasm!! After the sausage and potatoes have cooked for 20 minutes remove the pan from the oven. I love pretty much everything you do. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Hubby had his on a roll (potato sandwich :/) and loved it. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Was fantastic! It's not diet food and you may feel a little heavy and bloated afterward but that's what's supposed to happen at Oktoberfest. Line a large baking sheet with foil, parchment paper, or just spray with non-stick cooking spray. I know this is a simple recipe but it is soo good. We love this kind of simple tray bake + salad meal and I would instinctively substitute a very hearty bunch of mushrooms here, but I was wondering if you had other thoughts? Luckily, I didnt really mind and the flavor was great, but Id recommend checking the doneness after 20-23 minutes or so. I may find some of my husband's sauerkraut pairings questionable but not this one. It calls for 20-25 minutes further cooking after adding the sausage pieces, rather than the 30-40 you specify. Add sausage, potatoes, and vegetables to a large bowl. Please disregard! Nutrition What a feat. This was fine? I will definitely make this again. Serve. Made this recipe; it was delicious. bread ( cake) a few days ago !! I bought 4 (medium at my store) shallots which was almost a whole pound. Perfect for a weeknight. Made this last night and loved it- next time Ill try it with a more English style sausage for Brit husband, and add even more shallots. Thank you for sharing. Thank you thank you thank you Deb for bringing this gem into my life. I used a couple of casserole dishes (without lids) instead of a baking sheet, which increased the cooking time slightly. I used WFs chicken spicy Italian and Tuscan sausages. Sheet pan meals are always a welcome addition to a weekly dinner plan because there's seriously little effort involved in creating them. Ive made this a bunch of times. i cant wait to try this out asap. Stir the sausage and potatoes so that everything is nicely coated in the olive oil and seasoning. This was Tuesday night dinner here. Place potatoes, corn, shrimp and sausage in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Delish! Thanks for a tasty and easy-to-throw-together recipe! Definitely a repeat at our house. Once the potatoes, sausages, and sauerkraut are cooked it's ready to serve! Clicking Surprise Me! is one of my favorite ways to procrastinate, and it serves me right that Im just seeing this for the first time on a truly humid day in August! Will try this again when I can find shallots. Add gochujang, olive oil, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and sesame oil to medium mixing bowl. Ive fiddled around with this broccoli and chunks of sausage; Id intended to try a version with cherry tomatoes and garlicky croutons before my tomatoes went south. Theres tons of vegetarian sausages at any health food storemarinated tempeh cut into fingers would be great too. Layer the potatoes, green pepper, and onion on sheet pan. This is one of the best recipes I have seen online and I made it around 2 hours ago. So simple, so easy..so utterly perfect. Spread sweet potatoes out on a sheet pan, put pan in the oven, and start to roast for 15 minutes. It was incredibly easy to prepare and have on the table in time for dinner. Slice the peppers and onions. Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner. My children have recently decided they like arugula. My Husband is a very picky eater, and this meal suited both of us. Peeling shallots is easier after roasting! Thanks for letting everyone else in on our secret! After 20 minutes, remove the pan from the oven, toss the vegetables using tongs, and flip the sausages. Sheet Pan Sausages and Potatoes - The Little Potato Company Roast 25-35 minutes, stirring halfway, or until potatoes are fork tender and sausage, potatoes and bell peppers and lightly browned. olive oil in a small bowl. This 30 minute meal is oven roasted and full of German flavors! Arrange 2 racks to divide the oven into thirds and heat the oven to 425F. Thanks and keep up this good blog. While the potatoes are roasting, trim green beans, mince garlic and slice sausage into inch thick pieces. Have made this a few times, always simple and delicious. Spread evenly onto the prepared baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, stirring ingredients once or twice during cooking. I like the chickpea idea, too. the shallots get so delicious and sweet and the potatoes so crispy. Slice sausage into slices about 3/4 inch thick. I ate it fully assembled. Amazing! Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon, ground rosemary, dried thyme, and Spike Seasoning. From a recent trip to Baton Rouge, I used a BR crawfish sausage, delish! this is hands down one of my favourite weeknight meals. Hope that helps. Add seasoned sausage and veggies to the pan. Sheet Pan Sausage, Sweet Potatoes, and Green Beans I use chicken sausage and I usually add some sliced peppers to roast. Preheat the oven to 400 F (200 C). I realize that if you want to toss some sausages and vegetables on a sheet pan on a weekday night and roast them to crispy, self-seasoned blister, there are innumerable ways to do it. I know this recipe is a few years old, but I wanted to jump in and say that this has recently become a Standard in our vegetarian kitchen thanks to the Beyond Meat spicy Italian sausage.