Having worked in many fields, including two correctional facilities, Monroe County Correctional Facility was by far the worst managed workplace I ever experienced. Most days are sunny, but of course everything depends on what city or region you choose to live in. Hot and humid weather in a city can be a dealbreaker for many looking for the perfect place to move. For more information on moving to Philadelphia, check out our city guide. As an example, individuals who live in the Caribbean who may be taller or shorter than the average person will struggle to find clothes on the islands. Pros and Cons of living in Erie : r/Erie - reddit 10 Big Pros And Cons Of Investing In Real Estate Pros and Cons of Living in Toronto | PadBlogger Properties in the Poconos offer more opportunity to spread out and enjoy a little bit of privacy. It all depends on if you have children that need to attend schools, if you are going to rent or buy. Additionally, L Express Des Isles provide ferry service between the French Caribbean Islands of Martinique and Guadeloupe as well as St Lucia and Dominica at various times during the year. We have one final sell on Pennsylvania. Pocono families may have dogs and cats as pets, but more than likely they'll also have white-tailed deer hanging out in their backyard with some wild turkey. Rural communities are places that people are proud to be from and live in. Despite all this, the, Between a low cost of living, the beauty of the state, being able to fully enjoy all four seasons and great cities like Pittsburgh and Philly offering loads of opportunity We cant think of any good reason for you not to move to Pennsylvania. When they returned to the location, they found all their belongings intact. Employment opportunities Quality schools Property values Rental rates Cost of living Income tax rates Real estate taxes Overall, the state is ranked #15 for affordability, which means its pretty easy to live well here on a modest salary. But an increasing number of visitors from Philadelphia and New York have invested in vacation homes in the area. The constant need to be entertained is rearing its ugly head in other forms, such as poor mental and physical health and poor public discourse. 7. The average working week in The Netherlands comprises 36-40 hours, and annually, you will have 25 days of paid vacation plus an additional 10 paid national holidays. So if you if you are considering a cruise for your next Caribbean vacation, check out How To Cruise For Less. It was the first state to protest against slavery and it was the first to pass an abolition law in the United States. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. Expect to be experiencing cold weather from December to February, frequent snowstorms, icy roads and gray skies. These cookies do not store any personal information. But theres another future benefit. Lakefront living probably isnt for everyone, but the majority of homeowners on lakefront properties wouldnt trade it for anything. Glorious sunshine year-round Photo: Featured Image - Shutterstock, 2. pxhere (Public Domain), 3. 2. Portland, Bangor, and Augusta, ME The expansiveness of the terrain is something that simply can't be experienced when living near a densely populated city. The state income tax rate is a flat 3.07 percent for everyone. America has some of the best hospitals in the world, many working on cutting-edge medical research. No city is completely free of crime, hence it is important to be security-conscious even while living in Sedona. I think it may be time to book a vacation to visit myself. Nevertheless, individuals who have are adventurous with an amazing circle of friends may not be comfortable living in a small island environment. Its also difficult to talk to anyone about politics without fear of losing friends or creating a scene. Another award winning beach in the Caribbean is Grand Anse Beach in Grenada. I am Lauren, a short mom (4 foot 10 to be exact!) There is no winter in the Caribbean. 2. The 0% state income tax rate is a huge benefit of living in Wyoming. living in the poconos (where) - Pennsylvania Forum - Tripadvisor The area of the beach near the Catholic Church tends to be the calmest while the area on the other extreme end tends to be much rougher. The advantages of living in The Villages, include great weather conditions , exciting arts and cultural scene, clean community , easy navigation and proximity to the beach. I will be the first to admit that I do not always like living in the Poconos. Idaho is an excellent state for: Outdoor adventurers Retirees Homesteaders Young families Foodies and beer lovers However, if you're uncertain about the rural lifestyle or limited access to amenities, then Idaho may not be the right place for you. Please try again. Within the Caribbean region, the United States of America has two overseas territories. We can build you a home in Arrowhead Lake, Lake Naomi, or on a lot you already own. When youre driving to a destination in the Poconos, getting therereally ishalf of the fun! Our advice: embrace the contradictions, enjoy the characters youll meet, figure out something fun to do with all the money youll save (the cost of living is relatively low here) and buy a cozy snowsuit. 3. What are the pros and cons of moving to Pennsylvania? I know for sure i do not want to live in a community with dues. I am Lauren, a short mom (4 foot 10 to be exact!) I was just there 2 weeks ago and there was traffic going to the ski resort but, besides that it is nothing compared to what it is like here. I love the idea of living an isolated life, but still within easy access of stores and whatnot. This is slightly more than the national average, which is $2,112. Get approval in minutes. The Pros and Cons of Purchasing a Second Home in the Pocono Mountains Most people decide to use the Poconos as a getaway from city living, but why not make this a permanent home for you and your family to enjoy? Businesses here include Facebook and Google. The hurricane season starts on June 1 and ends November 30th annually. Nevertheless, there are countries with alarming levels of crime. Where I live White Haven- small town, no noise right of 80 and 4 miles to the Turnpike- no shopping opportunities, but hiking, biking and rafting. Despite calling itself a commonwealth, Pennsylvanias nickname is The Keystone State, in reference to its central role in the founding of the nation. The prices are still cheap! The Pros and Cons of Living in Philadelphia - zumper.com From its beautiful lakes to its wooded hills and ski resorts, this region offers visitors a variety of recreational activities year-round. The biggest thing people notice about living in the city is the faster pace of life. Moving to the Poconos provides the perfect template to create the life you've always dreamed of, while leaving the clutter and stuffiness of the city behind. Niche may be compensated by the third party lenders and others who place ads on the website. The Poconos are comprised of 2,400 square miles and contain: 4 counties; 2 National Parks; 9 State parks; 150 lakes; 19 waterfalls; 170 miles of rivers; and 7 ski areas. Would love to check it out. The Poconos rests just over 100 miles outside of New York City and Philadelphia, making it far enough from the city to enjoy all the accouterments that come with rural living. The Poconos region is more affordable in other respects as well. Maine is the number one safest state in the US and has the lowest amount of violent crime. Winters are harsh and the main roads are crowded because theres a lot of tourists. Between a low cost of living, the beauty of the state, being able to fully enjoy all four seasons and great cities like Pittsburgh and Philly offering loads of opportunity We cant think of any good reason for you not to move to Pennsylvania. As soon as I loose cell reception Im panicking haha. Some arepurchasing vacation homesin the area that allow them to stay longer when they want. Gook luck in your move! There are plenty of beaches to choose from. We passed on Great Wolf locations closer to us like Atlanta and Williamsburg because if it was going to be cold, we needed snow. Based on violent and property crime rates. 18 Pros and Cons of Living in The Philippines - Travel Safe 1. It is minutes from 80, and also has a mall, and shopping plaza (Target, Home Depot, etc.) While I love nature I am 110% a city girl. 15 HONEST Pros & Cons of Living in Orlando, Florida (Let's Talk) As a result, there are only so many clubs, bars, theaters and other forms of entertainment that one can build in a small space. That's not surprising when you consider that the area is home to 19 beautiful waterfalls, almost 200 miles of rivers, and 150 lakes. It's every nature lover's dream to dwell in the rich heartland of the Poconos. In most categories, the U.S. dwarfs other nations in giving. While that golden era has ended, theres still plenty of opportunity in Pittsburgh (and Philadelphia). I dont have to hoover over them when they are playing. Pros &Cons for Milford,Pa. (Avalon, Mount Pocono: crime, living in The Biggest Pros and Cons of Living in America - List25 So the Poconos was our destination. In the Poconos, the sights and sounds of nature surround homeowners. . Move to Portugal and get a residence permit for investment in 26 months. The agreement is made by pointing, waving or a fast flash of headlights. You can actually enjoy doing things with your family without fighting crowds and traffic all the time. Close to Rt. 10 Pros and Cons of Living in Pennsylvania Right Now I'm not sure how the taxes are, but it is in Monroe County. Steel City is known for its bustling, walkable downtown area. The city is also known as one of the largest health education and research centers in the U.S. What is the weather like in Philadelphia? Californians are also known for being open-minded, tolerant and embracing diversity. Con: Traffic and High Gas Prices. Automatically get personalized recommendations on where to move. Hey There! For more information read my disclosure pagehere. Youll find a mix of historic homes and buildings here, and many of the older industrial mills and manufacturing centers are being transformed into apartments and lofts. Monroe county which is where the majority of the Pocono area is has high cost of living and the taxes (school and property) are really high. When it comes to beaches in the Caribbean, Turks & Caicos stands out. Lets take a trip across the States and learn about The Biggest Pros and Cons of Living in America! 10 Pros and Cons of Living in Nevada - Redfin The public schools in Mount Pocono are above average. This course provides detail tips and techniques on how to save money while cruising onboard, onshore as well as the importance of insurance. Of course, some American cities are better about buses, bikes, and trains than others, but traffic remains a huge problem, nevertheless. So, if you want to get outdoors, it wont be a problem in Pennsylvania. America has a huge gun violence problem. Let us explore some of the remarkable beaches in the Caribbean. The Caribbean islands are generally small. The Caribbean is blessed with some of the best beaches in the world. Prices differ largely based on where in town accommodation is located, if all the bills are included (wifi, electricity, water, etc. Trinidad & Tobago is another Caribbean island with high level of crime. No state income tax. To make matters worse, many degrees are worthless for the ever changing job market. If youre lucky, youll work 40 hours a week, but many employees are expected to go over that (without overtime) to keep their job. The current unemployment rate is 6.9 percent, while the average individual salary is $31,409. No? There are several water sporting activities that you can enjoy such as paddle boarding, kayaking, para sailing, windsurfing and jet skiing. Its overall political system keeps several checks and balances in place to stave off egregious abuse of power. Most households will earn an average of $61,000. This experience has given me a lot of knowledge in what questions to ask when selecting a mover and how to prepare for a move. Philadelphia, Persons who require specialized care needs to travel abroad. Pro: It's a natural paradise. Wyoming is one of only nine states that doesn't have an income tax. Pros and Cons of Lakefront Property in the Poconos Its (essentially) two-party system exacerbates this problem, giving people only two extremes to choose from. Other hot spots for gangs include Saw Creek, Pocono Farms East and Penn Estates. They're gorgeous, but gardeners know to be carefulthey love their plants. Pro: Diversity and Progressive Values. Moving to Texas: The pros and cons of living in Willis Ten of the countrys largest law firms and twelve Fortune 500 companies, including Comcast and Crown Holdings, have their headquarters in the Philadelphia area. Sponsored Mortgage Options for Mount Pocono. Today, young professionals are migrating to the city of Pittsburgh in waves because of the bustling startup scene, strong industry and a reasonable cost of living in comparison to much larger east coast cities like Boston or New York City. Pros and Cons of Living in Richmond, VA - YouTube Before you decide to build a home on one of the areas many lakes, its smart to take a look at both sides of living lakeside in the Poconos region. 10 Pros and Cons of Living in Idaho - Redfin