Featured Review: Parent says The decision to send our daughter to Catholic school is underpinned by an appreciation of community that exists among our school families. Explore our preschool curriculum. Read 1 review. Elementary Schools in San Jose, CA - Niche Challenger School Strawberry Park is a San Jose private school with unmatched academic results. Pleasant, Athenour Early Childhood Education Center, Santa Clara County Office of Education (District). 1 Niche users give it an average review of 3 stars. So thankful for all the blessings we have received over the years. Read 40 reviews. I wish it went to high school. We have a great opportunity to choose any University in Germany as well. Read 6 reviews. Featured Review: Niche User says Steindorf was my middle school and it was such a great experience. The student population of Simonds Elementary is 573, and the school serves K through 5 At Simonds Elementary, Read More, Hammer Montessori at Galarza Elementary is a magnet school located in San Jose, CA, which is in a large city setting. At Mary Star, a student can focus on academics, participate in multiple varsity sports, join many special interest clubs and practice their faith. Best part of all, they can finally meet their teachers and classmates in person in a safe and warm environment! GreatSchools ratings are based on test scores and additional metrics when available. The school offers certain things that other schools in the area don't . This may not be the school for everyone, it may be just another public school but to me and all my classmates I had, I can say that I would never have chosen to spend my time of education in any other place. GreatSchools is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. 105 Niche users give it an average review of 4.5 stars. He is connecting with learning through non-traditional activities versus daily lectures. Mostly highly educated, extremely hard-working teachers who care a lot about their students. Great teachers and good parent involvement makes a difference. Great teachers that go above and beyond4. Teachers are upstanding and there is a lot of fun events promoted by PTO. Williams Elementary School. Carson is the school you want! Mission San Jose Elementary Public K-6 43545 Bryant St. Fremont, CA 94539-5885 (510) 656-1200 District: Fremont Unified SchoolDigger Rank: 29th of 5,883 California Elementary Schools Per Pupil Expenditures: $7,676 Students who attend Mission San Jose Elementary usually attend: Student/teacher ratio: 22.9 Number of students: 527 Immunizations: It may have been a little different then many other schools around the areas, however that's. 1 Niche users give it an average review of 2 stars. Actually, if I would of stuck with those friends, instead of making new friends in middle school, I would have stayed out of trouble too. $2,050 Monthly Rent. Alum: I graduated from Millikin about 23 years ago, attended K-5. Read 2 reviews. OPEN TODAY, 10AM TO 12:30PM. My kid loves going to school.. #290 Best Public Elementary Schools in California. The Administrators and teachers are so friendly, and do so much in order to make sure their students succeed, even offering tutoring an hour after school everyday. San Jose Elementary Schools, 1-25 - San Jose, CA | GreatSchools 14 reviews of Chaboya Middle School "Yay! Private Elementary Schools in San Jose Top 10 | 4Kids.com Our kids get to stay home and continue their learning without missing even one day after SIP. Challenger School - Strawberry Park - San Jose, CA - Yelp Here They Are, Alpha: Cornerstone Academy Preparatory District, Rocketship Academy Brilliant Minds District, Rocketship Mateo Sheedy Elementary District, Voices College-Bound Language Academy District, Rocketship Fuerza Community Prep District, Voices College-Bound Language Academy at Mt. Compare public elementary schools near you. There are quite a few of them but the overall student population is pretty, Alum Rock Union Elementary School District, Santa Clara County Office Of Education School District, Franklin-Mckinley Elementary School District, Berryessa Union Elementary School District, Mount Pleasant Elementary School District. The school is public however it does feel private with school logo wear, hardcover year book, great music and science class and more. Read 3 reviews. $1,229,000. Click a map marker for more information. The Harker School Upper School Photo - The Harker School's middle school library is home base for students. Each year, millions of students neglect to fill out the FAFSA and, in doing so, miss out on the chance to receive federal student aid. Please, 2023 Elementary Schools with the Best Teachers, 2023 Best Public Elementary Schools in San Jose Unified School District. Check out our Best High Schools rankings and profiles. Elementary 9 /10 James Franklin Smith Elementary School 9 Reviews | Public, K-6 | 642 students Homes for sale 9 /10 KIPP Heartwood Academy Can Students Be Legally Prosecuted for School Fights? New York Schools: More Financial Aid For Undocumented Students? St. John Vianney Elementary School Photo - Welcome to St. John Vianney Catholic School! Featured Review: Parent says Eaton Elementary is a wonderful, safe place for kids to grow. Featured Review: Parent says Good balance of academics, and activities. GreatSchools is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization, These are some of the top-rated public schools in San Jose. #228 Best Public Elementary Schools in California. Our children have received a top-notch education and are nativelyThe language immersion is excellent and the school has adapted teaching methods over the years, particularly in math and then moving into the IB program. Featured Review: Alum says I graduated from Millikin about 23 years ago, attended K-5. Had many fun and cherish able moments. Williams Elementary is a public school located in San Jose, CA, which is in a large city setting. Pleasant Distr, Learning in an Urban Community with High Achievement (L.U.C.H.A. My kid loves going to school. Read 3 reviews. Yelp users havent asked any questions yet about. Parent: Good balance of academics, and activities. Featured Review: Alum says I got the benefit of going to this school because all my older brothers were already going there. Everyone here is so welcoming and contributed to the tight-knit community while everyone explores their interests, hobbies, and passions with the many. Parent: With two middle schoolers who started in the Nursery program (pre pre-k), we have experienced the entire program at International. 2023 school ratings, test scores, and statistics for public elementary schools in San Jose. They also focus on creativity and arts, as evidenced by the impressive annual Arts Night created by the kids. 1. There are so many things that this. #166 Best Public Elementary Schools in California. Ft. 1077 Parkinson Ct, SAN JOSE, CA 95126. 13 Niche users give it an average review of 4.5 stars. ), Los Arboles Literacy and Technology Academy. Read more on how this ranking was calculated. Homes similar to 810 Schiele Ave are listed between $838K to $3M at an average of $1,010 per square foot. Read 82 reviews. #609 Best Public Elementary Schools in California. 1 Niche users give it an average review of 3 stars. The average tuition cost is $21,890, which is higher than the, 42% of private elementary schools in San Jose, CA are religiously affiliated (most commonly, Show 32 more private schools in San Jose, CA (out of 67 total schools). Loved the celebrations and the extra activities. Specialties: Challenger School has been inspiring children to achieve since 1963. After going through the college application process, and being accepted into a top-tier university, I feel that Khan Lab School has prepared me for all life-long-learning experiences. Read 26 reviews. They were the best way to teach us. Location. There have been times when we were mildly frustrated with obtuse communication from the administration, but we never questioned the quality of care of the teacher. No salaries for San Jose Schools Teacher in Jacksonville, FL. We are very happy with our choice and look forward to seeing how she grows at this school. Read 97 reviews. Stratford School - San Jose Lower School Campus Photo. View the San Jose Elementary School yearly calendar below. Valley Christian Elementary School 1450 Leigh Ave San Jose, CA 95125 Tel: (408) 362-2652 www.vcs.net Valley Christian Schools, in San Jose, California, was founded in 1960 and has grown into one of the largest independent K-12 Christian school systems in the United States. The teachers excite her and make her ask questions and work hard. For the 2023 school year, there are 178 public elementary schools serving 86,600 students in San Jose, CA. Great communication and easy access to assignments, grades, and enrollment Reports; . Top 20 Best San Jose Private Elementary Schools (2023) The teachers truly care about their students. Best Elementary Schools in San Jose Unified School District in Featured Review: Alum says Amazing school. 1 Niche users give it an average review of 4 stars. What is the student:teacher ratio of San Jose Elementary School? Classes. Parent: After two years of horrible public school experiences (bullying and lack of support from the school), we found Living Wisdom School. Featured Review: Alum says I got the benefit of going to this school because all my older brothers were already going there. They are truly invested in all around development of students. Teachers are upstanding and there is a lot of fun events promoted by PTO. In this article, well take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. 2 Niche users give it an average review of 3 stars. Parent: Very highly educated community with a diverse ethnic mix. The student population of Hacienda Science/Environmental Magnet is 699, and the school Washington Elementary is a public school located in San Jose, CA, which is in a large city setting. Mostly highly educated, extremely hard-working teachers who care a lot about their students. I've had friends ask me if my son attends a private school based on some of the attention details the school offers. What are the Benefits of Public School Over Homeschooling? Divorce can be a traumatic experience for children, but by working closely with your children's teachers, you can help maintain their grades and positive behavior at school. The school has a vibrant community and highly-engaged parents who support each other and the school, from classroom help to fundraising efforts. Students often prioritize their academic work above other important aspects of life, such as sleep, health, and socializing, and this culture often contributes to burnout and mental health problems. Mary Star High School has helped to prepare me. Parent: My daughter has improved her knowledge at dramatic pace. Murdock-portal Elementary School Math: 94% | Reading: 89% Rank: 10/ 10 Top 1% Add to Compare 1188 Wunderlich Dr. San Jose, CA 95129 (408) 973-8191 K-5 573 2. I am so grateful for the carefully designed procedures to ensure the safety and health of all the staff and students! We were drawn to Oakwood because of the small class sizes. Alum: I attended Harker from Kindergarten through High School. I wish it went to high school. There are so many things that this school offers which you will never find anywhere else. Best San Jose, CA Public Elementary Schools (2023) School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students 1. With the education I got at millikin: I passed my. #423 Best Public Elementary Schools in California. I went to DCS all the way from kindergarten to eighth grade. In middle school, students can obtain scholarships based on academic performance for high school. San Jose Unified School District is a highly rated, public school district located in SAN JOSE, CA. #360 Best Public Elementary Schools in California. Outside of just academics, my overall executive function skills were trained in and out of the classroom. The school offers certain things that other schools in the area don't . Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Student life here includes rigourous academics, character development, enrichment programs, small classroom size, Christian faith based teachers, and before/after school program. Looking for information on high schools? They are truly invested in all around development of students. The top ranked public elementary schools in San Jose, CA are, San Jose, CA public elementary schools have an. Nearby homes similar to 4865 Snow Dr have recently sold between $1,028K to $1,028K at an average of $625 per square foot. International Schools in San Jose - List with Reviews - IB schools, American schools, British schools, French, German and more 2023 California Schools | Public, Charter, & Private School Ratings Harker's many extracurricular departments provide an all-encompassing vocational education that seamlessly accompanies students' academic experience, including athletics, arts, journalism, engineering, and much more. Featured Review: Parent says I can truly say the teachers at school so far (K and 1st grade) have been wonderful. San Jose, CA Private School K-12 95 reviews Parent: We are a first year family and we are so glad that we joined Basis SV. At the time I went there, I did not appreciate the gift that it had given me. They approach each student with care, support, and kindness. Merryhill Elementary School (2023 Profile) - San Jose, CA 26 Niche users give it an average review of 5 stars. Though if you worry that as a parent you wouldn't be able to participate whether it be due to a job or something, don't worry about it! Valley Christian Junior High School Photo - Valley Christian Junior High and Valley Christian High School share the beautiful, state-of-the-art 55-acre Skyway Campus. The 2023 Best Public Elementary Schools ranking is based on rigorous analysis of key statistics and millions of reviews from students and parents using data from the U.S. Department of Education. A new bill has been placed before New York state lawmakers by the Board of Regents, allowing undocumented students to receive financial aid for postsecondary education. 2017 California School Ratings - Ratings on 9823 California Schools, L.U.C.H.A. We've made life-long friends through the school and parent community and are so lucky to have had the school as a part of our lives. Read 3 reviews. San Jose Prep (2023 Ranking) - Jacksonville, FL - Public School Review The student population of Hacienda Science/Environmental Magnet is 699, and the school Read More, Washington Elementary is a public school located in San Jose, CA, which is in a large city setting. Since we've been a part of the Apostles family we've experienced the following:1. #403 Best Public Elementary Schools in California. Start early and start right. Then went on to drop out of 6th grade, never went to another day of school till college. #77 Best Private K-12 Schools in California. Ft. 309 Otono Ct, SAN JOSE, CA 95111. Since we've been a part of the Apostles family we've experienced the following: Kind and friendly teachers. 40 Niche users give it an average review of 4.9 stars. View the 2023 directory of the top 10 ranked private elementary schools in San Jose, California. Featured Review: Parent says Excellent high quality Academic school! ft. townhouse is a 3 bed, 2.5 bath unit. I owe my greatest skill to this small, strange, amazing, quirky school. The field trips were amazing and we had learned a lot from them. Carson is the school you want! What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading? Featured Review: Parent says Excellent school, fabulous teaching staff, and great community.Sadly the scores tell a story that is wrong. Pleasant, Voices College-Bound Language Academy at Mt. Parent: Absolutely love Apostles Lutheran School! Kind and friendly teachers. Featured Review: Alum says I attended Harker from Kindergarten through High School. since she was four months old and graduated this past summer. The school focuses on project-based learning, and we had many different projects that involved building, coding, researching, and exploring our creative limits overall. San Jose Elementary School placed in the bottom 50% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is bottom 50%, and reading proficiency is bottom 50%) for the 2018-19 school year. 6 Niche users give it an average review of 4.2 stars. This school is a great fit for my family. Read 69 reviews. #443 Best Public Elementary Schools in California. #525 Best Public Elementary Schools in California. 3 Beds. Discover the schools, companies, and neighborhoods that are right for you. I went to DCS all the way from kindergarten to eighth grade. 3 Niche users give it an average review of 3 stars. My son is in 8th grade and has had an amazing 3 years at UMS. From Jie and Tony--the founders--to Rebecca, the current head of school, to the parents, everyone is special and wonderful. My kid loves going to school. Read 3 reviews. Featured Review: Parent says With two middle schoolers who started in the Nursery program (pre pre-k), we have experienced the entire program at International. Catholic values permeate all aspects of school life, enhancing the spiritual and moral growth of our children. People also search for 2023 Best Elementary Schools in San Francisco Bay Area. Appleseed Almaden Montessori School (Closed 2022), Over The Rainbow Montessori School (Closed 2017), Willow Vale Christian Children's Center (Closed 2020). According to state test scores, 43% of students are at least proficient in math and 55% in reading. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly. 8. Traditional Public Charter Magnet. Dove Hill Elementary School 1460 Colt Way San Jose, CA, 95121 KG-06: Evergreen Elementary School 3010 Fowler Rd. Small classes Both of my children have been involved in school plays, participated in after-school sports and clubs. Featured Review: Senior says Looking for a small school in a safe neighborhood? Read more on how this ranking was calculated. Mary Star allows students to focus more on just academics or athletics, but nurtures the entire person. JROTC offers valuable lessons in leadership, character-building and citizenship. Ranking factors include state test scores, student-teacher ratio, student diversity, teacher quality, grade school ratings, and the overall quality of the school district. Gardner Elementary School 502 Illinois Ave. San Jose, CA 95125 ( School attendance zone shown in map) Rating : 2/ 10 Bottom 50% Tel: (408) 535-6225 gardner.sjusd.org SAVE SCHOOL Gardner Elementary School serves 344 students in grades Kindergarten-5. Great communication and easy access to assignments, grades, and enrollment8. #41 Best Private K-12 Schools in California. 44 Niche users give it an average review of 4.4 stars. Then went on to drop out of 6th grade, never went to another day of school till college. Read more on how this ranking was calculated. Featured Review: Alum says Khan Lab School is much more than a high school, it is a school where your passions and interests are put first and foremost. One of the things that might either seem like a pro or a con is that DCS is very reliant on parent participation. 14 Niche users give it an average review of 3.8 stars. In addition, the Parent Teacher Association at Hammer Montessori has experienced turmoil, especially with the PTA of Galarza Elementary, the school residing on the same campus. Read 1 review. Safe school with nice resources for technology and arts. Read 3 reviews. People also search for 2023 Best Public Elementary Schools in San Francisco Bay Area. All San Jose public school ratings by neighborhood are patented and nationally-comparable. Read 1 review. However, this academic rigor does not come at the cost of a full-fledged extracurricular experience. The district seems to stay up on new education trends. Be the first to contact! Another great thing about DCS is that they really focus on building the skills you will need to succeed late in life. Provides auto-suggestions when entering text, #816 Best Public Elementary Schools in California, #836 Best Public Elementary Schools in California, #841 Best Public Elementary Schools in California, Niche requires Javascript to work correctly. 1 Beds. #228 Best Public Elementary Schools in California. We never thought such a well rounded education was possible in the elementary years, and IB and Shu Ren have exceeded our expectations. Public K-8 Schools. Learning In An Urban Community With High Achievement, Escuela Popular Accelerated Family Learning, Escuela Popular/Center For Training And Careers, Family Learning, Los Arboles Literacy And Technology Academy, Voices College-Bound Language Academy At Mt. I loved my time at River Glen. Silicon Valley students stranded by shuttered schools It has 27,430 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. With the education I got at millikin: I passed my. #423 Best Public Elementary Schools in California. The school's minority student enrollment is. Best High Schools in San Jose, CA Area - US News San Jose Elementary School's student population of 575 students has grown by 8% over five school years. ChatGPT is fascinating and alarming educational professionals. He is connecting with learning through non-traditional activities versus daily lectures. The student population of Hammer Montessori at Galarza Elementary is 333, and the Reed Elementary is a public school located in San Jose, CA, which is in a large city setting. 4. 2023 Compare Cities : Manteca, CA vs San Jose, CA Overall, if you are searching for a school that will exceedingly prepare you for college and beyond, I recommend Harker with confidence. Read 162 reviews. Love for our kids.2. 3. . Sports started in late winter season and they even have e sports for kids stay home! Alum: I graduated from Millikin about 23 years ago, attended K-5. Provides auto-suggestions when entering text, #30 Best Public Elementary Schools in California, #154 Best Public Elementary Schools in California, #166 Best Public Elementary Schools in California, #228 Best Public Elementary Schools in California, #290 Best Public Elementary Schools in California, #321 Best Public Elementary Schools in California, #360 Best Public Elementary Schools in California, #403 Best Public Elementary Schools in California, #423 Best Public Elementary Schools in California, #443 Best Public Elementary Schools in California, #451 Best Public Elementary Schools in California, #468 Best Public Elementary Schools in California, #516 Best Public Elementary Schools in California, #525 Best Public Elementary Schools in California, #536 Best Public Elementary Schools in California, #539 Best Public Elementary Schools in California, #545 Best Public Elementary Schools in California, #559 Best Public Elementary Schools in California, #573 Best Public Elementary Schools in California, #593 Best Public Elementary Schools in California, #602 Best Public Elementary Schools in California, #609 Best Public Elementary Schools in California, #622 Best Public Elementary Schools in California, #640 Best Public Elementary Schools in California, #647 Best Public Elementary Schools in California, Niche requires Javascript to work correctly. #816 Best Public Elementary Schools in California. Read about great schools like: BASIS Independent Silicon Valley, Cambrian Academy and The Harker School Upper School.