can you paste its code in pastebin and link here? I have a wordpress installation, lets say for arguments sake it's installed to http://www.example.com/wordpress. Site design / logo 2023 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA. include - Get current user data from external PHP page - WordPress First, you'll need to login to your WordPress admin dashboard. Checks whether comment flooding is occurring. Es gratis registrarse y presentar tus propuestas laborales. I have seen two issues which I think have the same fundamental cause. Am I missing something? 3. I used it recently on the WP API to give sensible access to some users based on if the current-user has the appropriate permission. Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience. It's free to sign up and bid on jobs. For the sake of completeness, here's how you would access a similar pluggable function from within the context of your own plugin: (put this inside a .php file inside your plugins folder). WordPress is a trademark of the WordPress Foundation, registered in the US and other countries. The correct way to determine whether a user is logged in is to use the function is_user_logged_in(). I was under the impression it did something like load a file - in my case pluggable.php - really all I need is just $current_user->user_login. Everything is going well except calling the wp_get_current_user() function in the get_items() function return empty user even though the user is logged in in the website. How do I call wp_get_current_user() in a plugin when plugins are loaded before pluggable.php? Register nav menu meta boxes and advanced menu items. wp_get_current_user (): - WordPress Developer Resources function rcp_redirect_from_premium_post() { wp_get_current_user () wpdocs.osdn.jp /WP User - WordPress Codex https://wpdocs.osdn.jp/%E3%82%AF%E3%83%A9%E3%82%B9%E3%83%AA%E3%83%95%E3%82%A1%E3%83%AC%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B9/WP_User $user = wp_get_current_user(); WP_User Sets all user interface settings. Plugins are loaded before pluggable, but there are, I know none of that is right, the 'init' bit i don't understand but was a suggestion from someone else. Usage: <?php wp_get_current_user (); ?> Example: Now that you have the AJAX link, you can use AJAX to get the current connected user, and return it, as long as you call it from the same browser (meaning same cookie). Retrieves user option that can be either per Site or per Network. ERROR: CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW WITH DATA cannot be executed from a function, About an argument in Famine, Affluence and Morality. on the above. Is it possible to create a concave light? WordPress Development Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for WordPress developers and administrators. I have tried the same thing with other custom post types and they work fine, so it seems unique to WPDR. Get the value emulated into a WP_Post and set up as a nav_menu_item. By clicking Accept all cookies, you agree Stack Exchange can store cookies on your device and disclose information in accordance with our Cookie Policy. Top See also _wp_get_current_user () Top Return WP_User Current WP_User instance. View all references. WordPress Development Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for WordPress developers and administrators. Returns the query variables for the current attachments request. To instantiate a specific user, you may use the class constructor : You can also use the wp_get_current_user global function to get a WP_User object matching the current logged user. Stack Exchange network consists of 181 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers. I would like them to work outside the wordpress isntallation directory. Retrieves the post SQL based on capability, author, and type. However, when this function is called via dialogflow as webhook / fulfillment it always returns ID = 0. I need to be able to get the current logged in user details from this page. Do I always need to call wp_get_current_user() before accessing $current_user? You will need to alter the roots of these cookies from WordPress with something like this http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/root-cookie/. What can a lawyer do if the client wants him to be acquitted of everything despite serious evidence? It produce a fatal error (Object of class WP_User could not be converted to string). Will set the current user, if the current user is not set. Get current user role by ID : $user = wp_get_current_user(); echo $user->roles[0]; There is no need to invoke a new WP_User object. WordPress. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/root-cookie/, How Intuit democratizes AI development across teams through reusability. WP Engineer About Embed WordPress Functions Outside WordPress From time to time you need data from WordPress, but should not displayed in the system; they are necessary outside the installation. I'm just testing some PHP to try and find out what role a user has because I want to try and do the following: Basically updating $npl to true if no user role is chosen. Ajax handler for saving the meta box order. In Version 3.2.4, that is, the version that you download from WordPress, an unauthorised user can read any published document. wp_update_user() - Update a user data in the database. For remote authentication I'd recommend the JWT plugin for a quick start: Or you can use the ones suggested on the docs: If an API call comes in that does not have a nonce set, WordPress will de-authenticate the request, killing the current user and making the request unauthenticated. Adds an admin notice alerting the user to check for confirmation request email after email address change. As I mentioned, this only occurs in my commercial hosting environment. Contents Parameters Return Source Related Uses Used By Changelog User Contributed Notes Parameters $user_id int Required User ID Top Return Show recent drafts of the user on the dashboard. How do I connect these two faces together? What are the performance hiccups when building plugins? Thanks. The topic wp_get_current_user returns an ID of 0 even if user logged in is closed to new replies. Recovering from a blunder I made while emailing a professor. Do I need a thermal expansion tank if I already have a pressure tank? Someone please help! Check out the new WordPress Code Reference! By clicking Post Your Answer, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. Stack Exchange network consists of 181 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. Marks the changeset post as being currently edited by the current user. Movie with vikings/warriors fighting an alien that looks like a wolf with tentacles, Styling contours by colour and by line thickness in QGIS, Topological invariance of rational Pontrjagin classes for non-compact spaces. WordPress is a trademark of the WordPress Foundation, registered in the US and other countries. Maybe youre already using some sort of relative path method, like: But this can create problems if directories change. How to Install WordPress with Nginx, MariaDB, PHP on Ubuntu 22.04 or 20.04 Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience. By trying to fire your code directly, you're executing just before pluggable.php is loaded. If successful, the additional row data become properties of the object: user_login, user_pass, user_nicename, user_email, user_url, user_registered, user_activation_key, user_status, display_name, spam (multisite only), deleted (multisite only). I need to be able to get the current logged in user details from this page. Unfortunately, since the WPDR plugin is warning about not being tested with that level of WordPress, the folks hosting my site wont support me. This seems to be related to the fact that documents are custom posts. Go to Users > All users. The way to solve this is to include a nonce. Started by: eddr. What I am looking for is some direction from someone who understands the plugin and WordPress better than I do to figure out how to debug the problem. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. The other interesting thing is that this only occurs on commercially hosted site I use. The API uses nonces with the action set to wp_rest. Ignored if id is set. I have instrumented the first few lines of this function. There are many reasons why to get the current user data in WordPress: Display different content to each user based on his role. Bulk update symbol size units from mm to map units in rule-based symbology, Follow Up: struct sockaddr storage initialization by network format-string. An alternative option is to use the following command to download the latest version of WordPress: wget https://wordpress.org/latest.zip It can be treated as a plugin and activated/deactivated as wanted. Maybe, can I use WP library functions or WP Rest-Api? You can return to the previous directory afterwards by storing the get_cwd () first. This way we can query for draft posts of a current user: You must log in before being able to contribute a note or feedback. Renders a fake meta box with an information message, shown on the block editor, when an incompatible meta box is found. WordPress Development Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for WordPress developers and administrators. Does a summoned creature play immediately after being summoned by a ready action? As far as I know, there is no issue that changes data access, although the taxonomy counts will be different with V5.7. Upon activation, simply open the page, post, or widget-ready area where you want to show the visitor's IP address. What sort of strategies would a medieval military use against a fantasy giant? To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. Saves option for number of rows when listing posts, pages, comments, etc. By clicking Post Your Answer, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. Saves and restores user interface settings stored in a cookie. This CSFR protection is automatic, and you don't have to do anything for it to work other than include the nonce. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. See below code in /wp-includes/user.php for reference. mathiasministry.com Informacin detallada del sitio web y la empresa This function is used by the pluggable functions wp_get_current_user () and get_currentuserinfo () , the latter of which is deprecated but used for backward compatibility. Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience. Populate global variables with information about the currently logged in user. Get current user ID, if the user is logged in. Retrieves the URL to the users profile editor. Notifies an author (and/or others) of a comment/trackback/pingback on a post. Many Git commands accept both tag and branch names, so creating this branch may cause unexpected behavior. We're interested in when this function executes, namely, after the pluggable.php file has loaded and defined your wp_get_current_user() function. . Is it suspicious or odd to stand by the gate of a GA airport watching the planes? Logged in on your website doesn't mean the user is authenticated in the REST API request, that's why you are not getting the correct user or a Id = 0, Please take a look to the REST API authentication methods on the docs: How to Use AJAX in WordPress to Load Search Results In the second case the plugin adds the filter add_action( template_redirect, rcp_redirect_from_premium_post, 999 );. @nasgaard, why do you have a PHP file where you need to do this? How can I call a function from one plugin within another plugin? Give us an idea of what you're trying to accomplish and maybe we can give you alternatives. If you preorder a special airline meal (e.g. Verifies that a correct security nonce was used with time limit. I can give you an alternative solution that may or may not work in your case (since I don't fully understand your case): Usually we attach it to the JS to run AJAX calls: wp_localize_script( 'THE_JS_THAT WAS_ENQUEUED', 'PARAMS', array( 'ajax_url' => admin_url( 'admin-ajax.php' ) ) ); Even without wp_localize_script you can always print the admin_url( 'admin-ajax.php' ) to screen, and input it in any other process. Load the file into the file where you want to display the 'hey username' message: . A success function is put into place, which will replace the button with the already . Learn more about Stack Overflow the company, and our products. meiskv. Otherwise if id is a number it seems to try to read it possibly from the cache, or from the database using ->get_data_by(), which can also update the cache. If no nonce is provided the API will set the current user to 0, turning the request into an unauthenticated request, even if youre logged into WordPress. Thanks for contributing an answer to WordPress Development Stack Exchange! By clicking Post Your Answer, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. Hostinger. Your code is not compatible with your result. 1. @nasgaard, : 1. Then head to Users>all users All users option in WordPress dashboard Even with JWT authentication, you still need to pass the X-WP-Nonce header to get the current user, in example if you need to access users/me still returns 401, same for query users by role, and so on. WordPress is a trademark of the WordPress Foundation, registered in the US and other countries. Determines whether a user is marked as a spammer, based on user login. WordPress is a trademark of the WordPress Foundation, registered in the US and other countries. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by . Is it correct to use "the" before "materials used in making buildings are"? If I observe this with any other post, including other custom post types, it gives me the ID of the logged on user. Sends a confirmation request email when a change of user email address is attempted. [MailPoet - emails and newsletters in WordPress] Call to undefined function wp_get_current_user () in capabilities.php. LiteSpeed Lisa. How are plugins in the WordPress plugin directory ranked? $user = wp_get_current_user(); $user_id = 0; if ( $user ) { $user_id = (int) $user->ID(); } Or even simpler $user = wp_get_current_user(); $user_id = isset( $user->ID ) ? Retrieves a list of sessions for the current user. It only takes a minute to sign up. Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers. /includes/functions.php , wp-login.php, URL. Why are trials on "Law & Order" in the New York Supreme Court? To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers. There aill be quite a lot of output, so good luck. Did any DOS compatibility layers exist for any UNIX-like systems before DOS started to become outmoded? The Quick Draft widget display and creation of drafts. After that we can access the user role (s) via $user->roles. How to get user-meta from Social Login registered users? Sends a confirmation request email when a change of network admin email address is attempted. Now, simply type in the [userip_location type=ip] shortcode. wp_get_current_user () What is the point of Thrower's Bandolier? Else help with user logged in/not logged in - CMS & WordPress Turned out it was this point, I didnt wait till plugins loaded. Creates WordPress network meta and sets the default values. Start here for a quick overview of the site, Detailed answers to any questions you might have, Discuss the workings and policies of this site. Why do small African island nations perform better than African continental nations, considering democracy and human development? Using `is_user_logged_in` to first check if the user is logged in or not is just adding extra queries to the queue. Thanks for contributing an answer to WordPress Development Stack Exchange!