My two favorite drummers, of course, were Buddy Rich and Gene Krupa. We would like to express appreciation for the accolades and good wishes to everyone! He is also a mixer/masterer a. PS. Their background of international cooperation, even in the face of cross-border tensions (Russia has ongoing tensions with both Ukraine and Moldova), they said speaks to the power of music to unite people. 1 on the UK Singles Chart, where it also went platinum. 0 Comments; Uncategorized newark advertiser obituaries 2021 . Can't stop listening to Chicagovich. Knowing how intense the propaganda is in Russia, as well as pressure from leaders to support the invasion, Tiagnyriadno said, he avoids any discussions about the war with the rest of the band. How a group of guys from Moscow became an internationally renowned . Truly memorable concert. Boy, is that ever good to hear. Theyre taking their act from coast to coast, literally. If your child will play baseball or softball this spring, youll need to stock up on appropriate clothing and equipment. Im a Chicago fan from when they first came out, Ive been play there music on the guitar ever since!!! Tiagnyriadnos vocals definitely tap into echoes of original Chicago lead singer Peter Cetera, but with his own distinctive flavor. I stumbled across one of the YouTube recordings of Leonid and Friends and I am hooked!! Olga Grigoryants is a multimedia reporter focusing on urban development, business and culture. There are very few guitarists whi can make this claim. For now, Tiagnyriadno is focused on spreading the word about the war among his fans. Why Did Sergey Kashirin Leave Leonid And Friends. We are monitoring the situation closely but as of now, the tour is moving ahead as scheduled, said Gil Jacobs, the bands agent, in a statement. Can't wait to see this incredible band. Blown away! Makes me proud to be a musician! I love the band, Surack said in a phone interview Thursday. quote: Dude, I'm envious that you were able to do a photo shoot with this chick and the band (thanks for the share -- very cool.) :). . "Most of the brass instrument guys at the time were the ones who played at funerals! Danny & Friends, and Leonid and Friends. If you told someone that you just heard the best cover versions of the songs of the brassy, best-selling pop act Chicago 25 or 6 to 4, If You Leave Me Now, Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is and the band members were from Eastern Europe, you might think they were pulling your leg. It did so well that Vorobyev and his musical pals recorded and filmed their versions of other songs by Chicago and posted them as well. Je dis Lonid et ses amis BRAVO, BRAVO et encore BRAVO !!! Actor (2 credits) 2018 Leonid & Friends: September (Music Video) Sergei Kashirin. Leonid, my wife and I were lucky and honored to attend your final USA concert in Clearwater, FL last week. We saw them on their last tour before the current lunacy. But first, some time off. The perfect complement to their debut album, CHICAGOVICH II will keep you singing, dancing, and enjoying their tribute to one . They are playing still but won't be going this year. Bravo! Mere months ago, the band for which he provides vocals was enjoying acclaim won online and solidified in person. Live from Other Side of the Planet. Sergei Kashirin is known for Jack & Blue (2022), Kilimanjar (2018) and Some Like It Cold (2014). Check back often, more shows to be added soon. Good, but too loud. well what better description of the band, when first heard this band it was like time travel to the Seventies with the originals, and i have seen them.The accuracy of both music and vocals is a credit to their craftsmanship and may i say they sound better than Chicago today,It is so amazing to know the band can work together with both young and old which should be a lesson to the world of musicians.Im overwhelmed how you managed to put this together,great work and may i give credit to the drummer, he felt and played that music so accurately, but anyway fantastic musicians and singers.well done. Many of Russian musicians have a dream to play for the American audience Vorobyev said. How a group of Russian musicians show their love for a classic-rock staple from the 70's. Its time for a little fun. We will never be able to appreciate the power and beauty of Chicagviotch if we can't hear it in it's best digital glory. katelyn akins disappearance. Leonid & Friends - Samples, Covers and Remixes on WhoSampled. I grew up in Chicago as well as the band Chicago. Thank you. Post date: 7 yesterday. 1998 - 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. | All Rights Reserved. AS a guitarist of over 40 years myself, I greatly admire Sergey on lead guitar, as well as YOU on bass guitar! Awesome band but I don't like buying MP3'sespecially from itunesI want this wonderful work on cd so I can hear it at maximum quality, Hi Alexander, My parents are Russian-speaking and no one ever pressured them for speaking Russian and other languages.. She also supports the paper in its watchdog role to hold San Fernando Valley power players accountable and loves digging for public records. That was the grand finally if you ask me. Atlanta, GA at The Eastern - it meant so much to us as we have celebrated our close friends who became a family over the years - forever in our hearts! If you buy from CD Baby you can get better than CD quality, as they offer FLAC files which are not compressed, lossless, and are usually higher sample rate and bitrate than CD (16 bit/44.1khz). I missed the band during their summer tour through the northeastern US, but I will NOT miss them next time they are nearby. November 2016. Superlative? Dear Friends, We are very sad to - Leonid & Friends | Facebook Leonid & Friends are excellent and I'm a diehard CTA fan.. If you wish to pay by any other method, please contact Mark Webb at 805-732-3931 or 661-645-0915. THANK YOU! I am totally amazed at the talent this group has. . But Russia's Leonid & Friends is making people smile in the U.S. In Leonid & Friends' homeland, the demand for a group performing note-perfect versions of hits and deep album cuts by Chicago equals the demand in the United States to hear American tribute bands playing the music of such top Russian rock and pop acts as Boris Grebenshchikov, Zvuki Mu and Kino. We need to stop this war., Editors note: This version of the story updates the status of the bands upcoming tour. I was in the 4th row at one of their concerts, and was astonished at how, in the context of a concert performance, their ability to faithfully recreate the original Chicago sound was so meticulously accomplished. These musicians absolutely love what they do and they do it well. Some time back a friend turned me onto a band out of Moscow, Russia that is a perfect Chicago tribute band called Leonid & Friends consisting Leonid Vorobyev on vocals, piano, and bass, Vasily Akimov on vocals, Igor Javad-Zade on drums, Sergey Kashirin on guitar and vocals, Andrey Zyl on trumpet and flugelhorn, Maxim Likhachev on trombone, Oleg Kudryavtsev on saxophone, Vlad Senchillo on . Please don't forget to LIKE our page on Facebook and our videos on YouTube. We both thought it was outstanding. Tiagnyriadno joined the band in 2015 when the act was just a studio project. I agree, Fabulous music sure would like to meet them or see them play somewhere in the states. Chicago's Robert Lamm on Peter Cetera Absence at Rock Hall The musicianship is insane..the vocals; horns; rhythm section, riffs/licks/fills are all spot on..amazing! Joined the Marine Corps, in 1967 and began my two tours in Vietnam, on Valentine's Day, 1968. He may be as Russian as borscht but this cat can play his ass off. Your email address will not be published. Leonid & Friends Shop. I am a musician, songwriter and composer of music for the TV Show. I've been at it for over 60 years and these folks are a breath of fresh air. Sadly, Sergey Kashirin, their amazing Guitarist has chosen to leave the band to concentrate on Songwriting and his young children. Leonid Vorobyev is the leader and founder of the band Leonid & Friends. I want to thank you all - the fans and friends of. Low rated: 3. Meanwhile, Tiagnyriadno struggles to share information about the war with his fans. I look forward to many more Chicago covers. Keep up the good work. I am currently listening to the Radio Mayak feature programme about Leonid & Friends. The title, of "Chicago's" debut song, in the Summer of '69, goes beyond the term, ironic, destiny, my personal timeline! Guitarist Sergey Kashirin is tapped for the lead vocal on this one, and he delivers an exuberant and playful performance. In Kyiv, Tiagnyriadno takes care of his elderly parents, helps his Ukrainian neighbors as a volunteer and shares the horrific details of the war on social media. Main Menu We all are determined to fight for Kyiv, he said. He is the band's producer, plays bass and piano, sings lead and backing vocals, transcribes all the musical sources, and he produces, mixes, and masters all audio and video productions. I loved Chicago, but unlike the other greats like The Beatles, Eagles, they deviated from the style they became great for. So after the British invasion and then the psychedelic music of the sixties, and while serving my second tour, in Nam, in the Summer of 69, a new band of many "Colors", as far as instruments, arrangements, Big Band/ Rock/Jazz, "made me smile", even in spite of the horrors, fighting on the front lines, with the Marine Corps. I do not want FLAC files, which are not universal and easy work with like cd. Chicago co-founder tells us about reuniting with old friends and why Peter Cetera didn't show up at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The Beatles had "Back in the USSR" Leonid and Friends needs "Playing the . When I heard Leonid&Friends play their music it gave me the same goosebumps as when I listened to CTA-Chicago back in the day. But his musical focus remains squarely on Chicago. Sergey Kashirin (of Leonid and Friends) holding the one and only Terry Kath guitar of Chicago! And now, almost fifty years later, but "Does Anyone Know What Time It Is and Does Anybody Really Care"! Leonid & Friends. He made the right decision for his family. Leonid & Friends brought the universal language of music to the USA. I appreciate that they delved into the Chicago 16 era and covered "Hard To Say I'm Sorry". But early in the morning on Feb. 24, his family woke up to air raid sirens and countless explosions. The Moscow-based choral director and composer concluded that rather than garden or fish full time, he wanted to make more music. Russians can face up to 15 years in prison for using the word war or invasion to describe the operations in Ukraine. My Old School coverthought you might enjoy - NittanyNation.com . Of course, we are heartbroken, but understand . easy canvas painting with black background. You guys are so good. See author's posts. 1,352 Followers, 835 Following, 559 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Sergey Kashirin (@sergeykashirin_music) sergeykashirin_music. Please do more EWF. Righteous Brothers, the Box Tops, The Four Seasons, The Beach Boys. Next stop is Charleston, SC on May 28th, then Birmingham, AL on May 31st and Nashville on June 1st! Arkady Shilkloper. Its magic.. Alternative name. They could play here for weeks. I would travel to Vegas or Chicago Illinois to see them. Contribute to this . - Leonid & Friends - Facebook. Leonid & Friends | Special Offer Sergey Kashirin - Facebook He made the right decision for his family.