It will be open select weekends throughout the holiday season. They will remain empty, a half-centurys worth of history left to fade away under the hot Florida sun. Permanently closed " Jul 2020 I have to say Thankyou for over 30 years I have gone or rented a booth to sell my old junk or items no longer needed. In a statement released on its website and Facebook page, Wagon Wheel owners announced the market would not reopen following its March 15 closure due to the COVID-19 pandemic. But to make that possible, they need vendors. 9. The Mustang Flea Market Is Back In St. Petersburg and OPEN - reddit I have not seen any dogs on leashes but many of the dog carts were there. hat kind of restaurants do they have in the food court? Has the land been sold? The Wagon Wheel Flea Market is located in the heart of Pinellas County at 7801 Park Blvd, right in between St. Petersburg and Clearwater. Wagon wheel vendors. Fri, Mar 4, 2022 at 1:16 pm, Video shows Florida alligator easily blasting through a metal fence, The four-day Grand Prix of St. Petersburg starts today. Huntley and his former partner and friend Norman Scoggins bought land across from where the Wagon Wheel now stands. I have looked forward to visiting this flea market every summer when we visit Indian Rocks for the last 10 years. Refunds will be issued when the booths are completely empty. Gone broke? Its a shame, really., Letsch said he doesnt hold the decision against the owners, who he said are a wonderful family.. Anyone know who it is ? Head west on Park Blvd for 5 1/2 miles. The owners had hoped to reopen in March, then April and May.. Thank all of you for your patronage and support. There is live music and a beer tent right by the water and good old gals line dance the afternoon away. Wagon Wheel Flea Market Inc Company Profile - Dun & Bradstreet more, This location was reported permanently closed. Hardy Huntley, owner of Wagon Wheel Flea Market, dies at 77 Pop into one of the many shops to do a little shopping before taking a break at a cafe to refuel and people watch. There is no entrance fee for visitors, only drivers showcasing their vehicles need to provide a registration fee. 8375 Wagon Wheel Cir #P337, North Fort Myers, FL 33917 is a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom mobile/manufactured built in 2000. Hi Bethany: It closed in March (like everything else) when COVID-19 arrived; the Huntleys statement says it will not be re-opening. It is a modern news platform, powered by community sourced content and augmented with directed coverage. This has been a cornerstone of Pinellas County nostalgia and charm for decades. Flea Market Wagon Wheel (Pinellas Park) - All You Need to Know BEFORE You Go, Hotels near St. Petersburg Intl Airport (PIE), Motels near St. Petersburg Intl Airport (PIE), Hotels near ITT Technical Institute - St. Petersburg Campus, Hotels near Pinellas Tech - Saint Petersburg, FL, Hotels near Aveda Masters Studio Salon & Spa, Game & Entertainment Centers in Pinellas Park, The Bullets and Bordellos Ghost Tour in Tombstone, Viator Exclusive Tour- Olympic National Park Tour from Seattle, 4-Hour Biblical Creation + Sunset Tour Grand Canyon National Park South Rim, Boat tour in the La Maddalena Archipelago in Sardinia, Desert Safari and Inland Sea(Private Tour), Visit of an oyster farm and oyster tasting in Olho, From Bali: Beginner Scuba Diving Day Trip to Nusa Lembongan and Nusa Penida. Something for everyone ! What began in 1966 as a roadside stand, Hardy Huntley would mold into what would become of the largest flea markets in the state, with 2,000 vendor stalls, both indoors and outdoors. Espaol. 5.6K views 2 years ago The Wagon Wheel Flea Market was a staple in Pinellas County for more than 55 years. I was told, the market is very popular with the local public, and tourists too. Ultimate Guide To Planning A Trip To Komodo National Park For First-Timer, Best Time to Visit Egypt: A Season-by-Season Guide, 16 National Parks in Alaska: A Complete Guide. It was there that he met his wife, Janet. Rays were fearless on the bases in 2022. I want the Name and address of that Developer. There are loads of events and surprises happening at the flea market all year round. To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left. Check out the winter wonderlands at these 5 amazing winter destinations in Montana. Wagon Wheel RV Park ? After 54 years, the Wagon Wheel Flea Market is closing from. Unfortunately, the Wagon Wheel and Mustang Flea Markets are now permanently closed! Jean Satterfeild former Wagon Wheel Avon vendor Hours are Friday 10-2 Saturday and Sunday 9-4 D East 210 View details El Coqui Taino El Coqui Taino is a Latin American store. On top of gorgeous themed exhibits, the museum also has a cafe on its grounds serving up Spanish fare enjoy your meal inside or outside on the Avant-garden patio. Wagon Wheel Flea Market is an absolute treasure trove. You have permission to edit this article. It's fun. I for one, am heartily disappointed in this outcome. The Wagon Wheel Flea Market, which has been closed since March because of the pandemic, wont reopen again, its owners announced June 10. Just a tiny roadside stand on a well-traveled stretch of road at 7801 Park Blvd. Wagon Wheel Flea Market & Mustang Flea Market (discontinued This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. However, theres now a new flea market in town, and vendors are hopeful once again. Unless one knows what he/she is looking for - it can turn out like at any garage sale, as in a famous Latin saying of 'veni, vidi, vici', if at all.My driver/guide sure knew this place very well, I just had a kick of taking photos. We wish you all the best. Wagon Wheel Flea Market - FleaMarketMalls.com Learn More. We accept many different kinds of announcements. The vendors, they know each other. 3d; See more of Wagon Wheel Antique Mall & Flea Market on Facebook. Thanks for years of greatnessyou shall be missed. Do you own this Venue? Known for the stretch of soft, white sand and clear blue waters, this beach is the perfect place to have a chill day. Kevin King, 41, grew up helping his grandfather with his firearm booth at the flea market at 7801 Park Blvd N. His grandfather would give him a few dollars to buy a bear claw at a nearby fresh pastry booth, before promptly returning to work. Whittier Dollar Store Near You | 99 Cents Discount Store 76. A trip to the Wagon Wheel Flea Market is a fun, family-friendly outing that is sure to delight everyone. After almost 55 years of continuous business the time has come for us to say farewell. Vendors have mixed feelings about end of Wagon Wheel Flea Market, By LOGAN MOSBY GEORGE, Tampa Bay Newspapers, Column: Another Pinellas landmark fades into history, Bachelors of Broadway to perform in Tarpon Springs, Steel City Rovers set for Scottish Cultural Center, Jon Tyler Wiley to perform at Clearwater venue, Truck driver passes out, crashes in Largo, Red tide is back (again) in Pinellas County. quirky but fun if you like to hunt for things. I really feel for the vendors who wrre displaced and to see a bit of the character of the town die. He was always there, right in the middle of everything.. Both Saturday and Sunday, from 7am. Owner Hardy Huntley spent. "Thank all of you for your patronage and support. If you are driving down from St. Petersburg, take 275 North until Exit 28. When you own your own business you work seven days per week to build it. Vendors have mixed feelings about end of Wagon Wheel Flea Market This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher. Get contact details & maps for shopping nearby. From its humble beginnings in 1966, Wagon Wheel Flea Market has grown to be one of the largest flea markets around and continues to surprise visitors every weekend, rain or shine. Tip: To enhance your experience, download the free app which gives you access to the map of the museum, its event calendar, virtual tours and other information. Calling it Trade Days, each weekend people paid $2 to rent space on the property. The Mustang, which is also closing, was later relocated next to the Wagon Wheel. After June 30, no one will be allowed on the flea market grounds. Want more of our free, weekly newslettersinyourinbox? This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher. LARGO, Fla. - The Wagon Wheel Flea Market was a staple in Pinellas County for more than 55 years. Many were vegetables I had never seen and I think it would be great fun to learn about and use. I was told, the market is very popular with the local public, and tourists too.Located along Park Blvd in Pinellas Park, the market is open on Saturdays and Sundays, for half a day. The time has come for us to say farewell.". No one will be allowed on the premises after June 30. 7801 Park Blvd N Pinellas Park, FL . Get the latest business insights from Dun & Bradstreet. Here is the Wagon Wheel Flea Market. The Wagon Wheel Flea Market Posted on May 3, 2019 May 2, 2019 by Jody in Flea Market , Informational With more than 2500 vendors from all over selling attic treasures, artwork and new and used items, the Wagon Wheel Flea Market is one of the country's largest and most popular flea markets, and offers the widest selection of merchandise in the . The sudden announcement sparked both outrage and sadness as vendors and customers alike took to Facebook to voice their opinions. We wish you all the best. People came from across the country to shop or sell at the Wagon Wheel. It was a shell pit and there was a large vein of them that was mined to build Pinellas Countys early roads, Huntley told Tampa Bay Newspapers in 2007. Ive been there for 27 years.. Access to bayou, that goes out to Gulf of Mexico boating dream location fishing tarpon & blue crab. Itll probably be condos soon.. Reviews from wagon wheel flea market employees about wagon wheel flea market culture, salaries, benefits, work-life balance, management, job security, and more.