If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. In turn this will help you hit the long irons and stiff the short irons at the flag. February 15, 2021, 11:56 am, by As of 02/18/08 they are still in stock at Pro Shop Warehouse in the Left handed model with Rifle at 5.0 and 6.0. Thanks. Melding a classic design with modern technology sounds like a great idea. I am still dumbfounded over these clubs. Thing is if I purchased them, I would definately wait 9 to 12 months. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google, (your email address will not be published), iconic iron models in recent golf history. Don't see em going anywhere anytime soon. They are a beautiful iron. Im looking forward to the Most Wanted Testing to see how they perform. 12 Handicap Now, I'm not into really soft, oversized, game improvement irons, so it's a matter of context, but they have a big sweet spot and the ball jumps off of the face nicely. I played them for 25 years. TA all tge way!!! Best forged clubs I ever hit and I'm not a forged guy, but I'd play those there with pride! I picked up a new LH 3-PW 6.0 Rifle set of the 2006 TA Silver Scot MB's on e-bay for $152.50 from pro shop warehouse, and I also got a set of the LH heads only 3-6, 8 at their website (www.proshopwarehouse.com) for $40 to do some shaft experimenting with. I've read some complaints on the stock grips, but I have had no issues with them. he has a set of used 855s for 100 dollars that are in great shape . How Tommy Armour 845 Irons Are Reviving an Icon - GolfLink They were a low price, so I bought them and gave them a try. These compare to the Titleist 695CB series. When he's not coaching the local high school team, he's probably on the range or trying to keep up with his wife and seven beautiful daughters. Might try posting them on Facebook, Golf Club Traders section. Founders Club Tour CB II Forged Iron Heads, 3-P | eBay They are also flightedthis means you will get different tracjectories for each iron. The feedback I got from the TA1 line was fine.. Im sure the Atomic line was just as good or better, but I couldnt seem to move them. This adds forgiveness on shots hit higher on the face. I haven't played golf in probably 5 to 7 years. No one seemed to like them because the sole was too thick. i will have to try these new 845s to see how much better they are then my originals , hard to part from my 845s. I will say they were about 1 degree flat to standard compared to a few other brands of clubs such as ping when I got them. The silver scot clubheads are slightly bigger than the MP-14 heads and the face thickness is thinner. This is NOT the original Tommy Armour golf company. I had been keeping an eye out on golf towns website in their special buy section for a good deal on some forged blades. I have Silver Scots. Sales volumes for Callaway, TaylorMade and Titleist are significantly higher than for Tommy Armour. *This content is backed by the MyGolfSpy Integrity in Advertising Promise. Remember Regrip it and Rip it! Pre-Owned. They were at Goodwill, so the price was right, but I left them for the next guy. I thought for sure they were going to set the iron market on fire by offering these at say $799-$899. Forged CB's are the best way to go if a player wants feel and forgiveness. The body is forged from 1025 soft carbon steelwhich is attached toa high-strength HT1770 steel L-Cup face. I just purchased my second set (backup set) for only $140 with FREE shipping. The Tommy Armour 845 line for 2020 features a driver, fairway, and hybrid alongside three sets of irons and a series of milled putters. *. SirShanksAlot I've played forged cavity backs since high school; Hogan Edge '92 and Hogan Apex Tour '04. They came with Rifle 6.0 precision shafts that were absolutely perfect on the frequency machine. Chromed clubs ultimately flake and ding, these have a nice satin finish that cleans up well and keeps looking good. I replaced it but it wasnt the same. (Feel was okay, but the club heads wereshall we sayShovelesque.) Sound is a factor that influences feel, but its not the whole thing. I kind of wish they would do away with the Max version. Advanced Golf Analytics matches the perfect clubs to your exact swing using connected data and machine learning. Ive buyed these irons in proshopwarehouse.com last monday and arrived me last thusday, yesterday Ive played them for first time (the Christmas trophy of my golf club) and I only have one word to describe it: "awesome". Best Golf Club Blade Designs! - MyGolfSpy These clubs have held up tremendously. I used to play the Mizuno MP-14s and still consider them to be the benchmark for blade irons. Mine have the Rifle 6.0 shafts which are excellent shafts. Only thing is that the grips which are kind of on the thin side but can be easily swapped for something better. As noted in the article, Performax works with other OEMs such as Tour Edge, Ryoma, PRGR, OnOff, and Yamaha. Pheeeww, that's a relief. NOW AVAILABLE: GolfWRX G/Fore Hats and Holderness & Bourne Polos! The PW is 47 degrees. A thin topline, minimal offset and overall compact geometry give the 845 Forged the requisite looks of a players distance iron. Tommy Armour V-31 Gauge Design RC1 Bridgestone J33 Traditional TR 1 EPON Technica Pro 1 Cleveland TA1 Mizuno MP-32 Precept Pro Model Mizuno MP-14 PowerBilt Scotch Blade TaylorMade 300 Forged Mizuno MP-67 TaylorMade MB Forged Mizuno MP-33 Cleveland Tour Action 588 Titleist 660 Forged Vega 50th Anniversary Tommy Armour Iron 8-Iron Golf Clubs for sale | eBay I have been golfing for 60 years. by If you are up in the air about blades, you will never have a better opportunity to get into a set for this price. Regarding Tommy Armour specifically, Dicks has been working largely with Performax. I picked up a used set of these irons several years ago for cheap with the thought of resting my favorite set a bit and having a set for visitors when they come through town. remake of the model Bobby Jones used in the 1930s and features a head made from nickel plating over copper plating over forged carbon steel. The two-piece design leverages a thin L-Cup face and VFT (variable face thickness) technology alongside a hollow body. Alert to LEFT HANDERS looking for these Tommy Armour Forged Muscle Back Blades. The truth just sounds different.". I had a set of these about 20 years ago. They worked for me. ), and still use today. Don't kid yourself they're still blades but Armour has worked on optimizing the center of gravity on each iron to make it easier to get the ball in the air. The 845 Forged irons are priced at $999 (set of eight). Cast clubs in general have little feel, but a ton of forgiveness. Most amateurs add loft at impact and require the assistance of low CG designs to promote higher initial launch. Tommy Armour Silver Scot Cavity Back Forged - Equipment - GolfWRX Home The Bag Room Equipment Tommy Armour Silver Scot Cavity Back Forged TaylorMade 2023 Product Testing and Fitting Experience At The Kingdom! They stand up very nicely and don't show the wear of a typical forged club. Saw these offered for around $150 free shipping and thought I'd give them a try before I spent $1000 or more on Mizuno or Miura. Not theres anything wrong with that. I hope it works for Dicks/Golf Galaxy simply because they had the balls to try it. If you want to play a blade and don't want to spend a fortune; and, you can find these because I think they are no longer made. May not be that old though; DSG was selling TA irons a few years back. Tommy Armour Tommy . At address, these have a slight hump in the top line that almost makes every iron set-up similar to a classic wedge or eight iron. I can only add to the chorus on these. TOMMY ARMOUR Tommy Armor model unknown putter 35 inch steel shaft See What Members Are Saying! The unfortunate part is they are not undervaluedlike half the pristine craps I have lying around for 10 yearsjust old and worthless for the most part. They don't have ser.#'s on the hosels. This has really been a problem with my swing, I usually take a very nice divot and these low bounce clubs have been making me dig way too deep lately. I learned and played those till I lost my 6 iron. The only complaint I have about these clubs is the low bounce on them. I am a serial club buyer and have hit hundreds of game improvement clubs and these seem to work as well. document.getElementById( "ak_js" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); The Worlds Largest Unbiased Head-To-Head Driver Test. [url="http://store.platinumgalleria.com/tommy-armour-golf-silver-scot-forged-tour-blade-iron-set.html"]http://store.platinumgalleria.com/tommy-are-iron-set.html[/url] document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); by Great quality club! Give them a try! they are well weighted and can sure hit the ball. 11 golf clubs/sets you owned and what they're worth now - PGA STOP THE INSANITY! I buyed these irons like secondary set, to played them from time to time, but now Im thinking to turn them in my first set. March - 2023 - Blade Set New Tommy Armour 845s Silver Scot 8 Iron - NICE! And they cost me $200!!!! Be confident in your purchase because they are much nicer than I would have dreamt at the price I paid. Dicks has started to put out high quality golf equipment under Tommy Armour and Maxfli at good prices by your testing. You are the ones that talk about the importance of getting fit and I agree with that. I got an - to me at least - amazing deal on them. Thanks (I am not in the market now but if these go on sale like other TA products later in the year). These irons were easy to hit, provided a tour trajectory and yet I could still work shots. I regret doing so every time I walk onto a course or the driving range. My head pro was amazed. He went out and bought a set of these 845's the next day. @DICKS announces Tommy Armour 845 irons. TA845 matched the Sim Max in every respect of distance, launch angle, spin, and dispersion. I think my Tommy Armour story is (marginally) interesting, maybe even worthy of consideration for the giveaway. I want a bit of forgiveness (8-9 handicap), but i am interested in working the ball both ways which i can do, but it's harder to do so with large, cavity back slingshots. Hit well, they are like a knife going through room-temperature butter. I played at a 5 handicap last season with these irons, I highly doubt something with a name brand on the back that cost 2x the price wouldve dropped my scores. A cup face by any description has a lip that extends beyond the blunt part of the face and conjoins the crown or the sole. He did have lead tape on all that is a bear to get the last layer off, only removed one so far. I have tried two Callaway models, Cleveland, Hogan and a custom built set.