High around 60F. If you want to try it yourself, check this webified version: https://battaglia.ddns.net/twc/. Maybe with some serious ROM hacking and patching, you could get Mac OS to run on it, or maybe GEM or something that is 68K native, but patching everything needed as a BSP for this particular machine. The name is because it airs at timeslots that end in "8" (9:28, 2:48, etc.). Last post by TWCC_DJK5555 I do own a weatherstar jr, ws4000, intellistar and intellistar i2hd. The local on the 8s or local forecast is the portion of programming where viewers see current weather conditions and local weather forecasts for their respective area on the weather. TWC Today Forums - Index But theres something to be said for having the original hardware, and as he now has the distinction of owning whats likely the only operational WeatherSTAR 4000 on the planet, were sure [techknight] doesnt regret the time he poured into this incredible project. Last post by Beany Weather Underground Report any bugs or errors you encounter here (non-beta releases). on November 24, 2022, 12:35:34 AM. on October 16, 2014, 07:10:33 PM. Pop and smooth jazz music is regularly played during the "Local on the 8s" segments;[1] the music that is heard over the national feed's forecast segments is also transmitted over the localized segments generated by the STAR headend units. (Comment Policy). Until 1995, the forecasts had been played at various times each hour, but are currently shown at times ending in "8", hence the title of the local forecasts is "Local on the 8s" (though local forecasts are reduced . Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph. Learn how your comment data is processed. I tried to use recovery software to see if I can get some kinda image to recover. The Weather Channel filed for a trademark on the name on June 24 1997. My blog the weather channel local on the 8s emulator I havent made an emulator since may and i just wanted to make a new one. Yes this is the older version which was used on The Weather Channel from December 2006 though. No, X86 Single-Board Computer! Overcast with rain showers at times. A tag already exists with the provided branch name. IntelliSTAR 1 Simulator | May 2016 (1.6b) Well, hello! Last post by Whirlydude There is also a work-in-progress MAME driver for the machine. Air quality is acceptable; however, for some pollutants there may be a moderate health concern for a very small number of people who are unusually sensitive to air pollution. in Re: IntelliStarXL-275 | Last post by toxictwister00 This whole article seems to be based on the entirely flawed premise that [techknight] is the only person working on reverse-engineering the WeatherSTAR 4000. IntelliStar in The Weather Channel's Local on the 8s Shoot your local heroin deal, Local Cruising Spots Near Me . We recognize our responsibility to use data and technology for good. High 58F. A few clouds from time to time. in RIVER effect snow??? 40 50 90 triangle calculator I actually did not create this in anyway. The Weather Channel released its own Smooth Jazz CD in 2007, The Weather Channel Presents: The Best of Smooth Jazz, based on collections of popular music played during the "Local On the 8s" segments. Last post by Drew Richards Low 54F. Considerable cloudiness with occasional rain showers. on February 09, 2021, 08:18:10 PM, Upcoming Birthdays: in Re: Location Today's and tonight's Los Angeles, CA weather forecast, weather conditions and Doppler radar from The Weather Channel and Weather.com Please be kind and respectful to help make the comments section excellent. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph. Many Git commands accept both tag and branch names, so creating this branch may cause unexpected behavior. This is a local forecast segment that airs on The Weather Channel called the "Local on the 8s". This emulator uses the style that started in 2013. It was later upgraded to Intellistar in 2003 and recieved various graphic changes over the years. Winds SW at 10 to 20 mph. IntelliSTAR "All the Time" Emulator - TWC Today Forums Here's an image: TWC New.ppt (2792.5 kB - downloaded 2942 times.) Los Angeles, CA Weather Forecast and Conditions - The Weather Channel There's no local mul, District Of Connecticut Local Rules . You signed in with another tab or window. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph. The satellite forecast segment includes hourly forecasts for 20 major cities, three-day forecasts for 40 U.S. cities, satellite loops and composite radars of the Northeast, Southeast, Midwest, and the entire west. A water leak caused all the reporters to evacuate the building. The Weather Channel - Frankfort, KY HD Local Forecast - 1/6/2014 10:58am ehatt600 83K views 9 years ago Intellistar 2 HD Emulation | Local on the 8s | Rare Narrations kushman123 1.8K. in Re: Cover art Be prepared with the most accurate 10-day forecast for Torrance, CA with highs, lows, chance of precipitation from The Weather Channel and Weather.com Thats our friend right there! Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph. Talk about anything TWC that doesn't fit into any of the above categories. You'd be sooo popular! 40 50 90 triangle calculator. qconrad/intellistar-emulator - GitHub Houston, TX warning74 F Cloudy. Last post by Bryan Generally fair. on June 18, 2021, 06:00:47 PM. In short what Im trying to say is help me Obi-Wan Kenobi. my first local on the 8s emulator (Wow 16k Views) - YouTube This is a local forecast segment. TWCJim's WeatherSTAR Database - IntelliSTAR Graphics of the IntelliSTAR from June 2008 to March 2010. This page is for the IntelliSTAR (IS1) units. IntelliSTAR units currently in registry: 430, Hendersonville, TN(Nashville area)(Video). in Re: Chris McGinnis This is a local forecast segment that airs on The Weather Channel called the "Local on the 8s". The local on the 8s or local forecast is the portion of programming where viewers see current weather conditions and local weather forecasts for their respective area on the weather. Wow MAME swallowed MESS, I was thinking why is this part of MAME and not MESS. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph. Most of core animation and logic has been replicated including severe weather alerts, forecast descriptions, crawl text, and the Doppler radar map. Partly cloudy skies. Thiswebsite is NOT officiallyaffiliated with The Weather Channel or its parent company, Entertainment Studios. on December 18, 2022, 02:27:45 PM. Video showing the emulator on YouTube here. It took months of painstaking labor just to buzz out the boards and create new schematics, and after that he still had to wrap his head around the PALs and early FPGAs scattered throughout the machine without so much as a scrap of original documentation. The Weather Star systems also utilize a Lower Display Line (LDL) on the bottom of the screen during local forecasts and national programming, providing current conditions for a specific location and two or three towns within 15 miles, almanac data, forecasts and (in select cities) traffic information on cable headends using the IntelliStar system and only current conditions, and forecasts on cable headends using WeatherStar XL and older models. Especially in a world of 3USD microcontrollers with Wifi Stack that can do API requests to weather services for any location. Last post by twcclassics Low 52F. The PowerPoint has been attached. I've made an IntelliSTAR Simulator and I thought it would be cool to share it with the people of TWC Today! Last post by twcclassics This was not the result of me using photoshop or adobe after effects. This time i finally did my home state, connecticut. Partly cloudy. To enable or disable looping, click on the TWC logo in the info-bar in the top-left corner of the emulator. in Your stupidity For the sake of the residents there, I hope they have finally upgraded by now. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph. Since its inception, the Weather Channel has incorporated local forecasts using Weather Star computers installed at cable headends. theweatherSTAR (34), Its going to be awhile before he covers everything, especially considering how deep he dives into each post, but were certainly not complaining. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph. Or if its really such an eyesore taking it out. in Re: WIP: WeatherStarXL P DirecTV viewers can get local forecasts by zip code, which works through the "interactive" function of later receiver models. It also usually airs at approximately :48 past each hour during live Weather Channel broadcasts. Child Boards: IntelliStar 2 Discussion, TWC Artist Chat. in Re: Intlistar 2 wether i Mostly cloudy. The process of reversing the hardware and software has actually been going on for the last couple of years, but all those juicy details are now finally going to be available on the projects Hackaday.IO page. The "Local on the 8s" name was first used on April 21, 1996 to coincide with a sweeping revamp of the channel's on-air presentation; The Weather Channel filed for a trademark on the name on June 24, 1997. Reverse Engineering The Weather Channel's Magic | Hackaday Last post by Local_On_The_12s This is the place to talk about your local weather conditions, or conditions of any area important to you! High 64F. If you just wanted to relive those Local on the 8s memories, naturally youd be better off with a Raspberry Pi and a bit of Python. on January 16, 2023, 03:40:29 PM. tenkitsune (32), Chance of rain 30%. As of April 2018, the segment airs at approximately :18 past each hour. 5.gay cruising parks near me, Local Seo New York . Last post by Nick Hourly Weather Forecast for Los Angeles, CA - The Weather Channel It is similar to the now-discontinued WeatherStar III in terms of products and appearance, but uses the typeface of the 4000. Prior to November 11, 2013, every IntelliSTAR unit displayed their local weather ID (STAR ID) on the lower display line (LDL) at the bottom of the screen during Local On The 8s (see above screenshot) as well as at the upper right corner of the screen at :57 of every hour before January 27, 2013. A web application that displays weather information in the same visual presentation as the cable headend unit intellistar. Even if it isnt official support Im going to spam every EE that lists TWC as their employer on LinkedIn. Last post by Dylan Weather Channel Local on the 8s through the years - Spotify Which is why I'm placing you on hold, while I play some really bad music. taiganet.com, Home of the WS4000 Simulator Low 53F. Intervals of clouds and sunshine. Access hourly, 10 day and 15 day forecasts along with up to the minute reports and videos from AccuWeather.com Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph. Im not sure if external links in comments will get my comment auto-modded, so feel free to pop over to the MAMEdev organization on Github, and take a peek at the MAME repo in src/mame/drivers/wxstar4000.cpp. The i2hd had the hard drives but was reformatted. How Hard Could It Be To Get Millions Of Phone Bills Right? High 64F. Partly cloudy skies. The segments were originally seen either every five minutes or eight times an hour at various times (airing more frequently in the morning and less frequently at night). Before the implementation took place in mid-1995, the forecast was seen either every five minutes or 8 times an hour at various times (more in the morning and less at night). xoddf2, As of November 8, 2006, Dish Network viewers are now able to view local weather conditions and radar on The Weather Channel on DISH HOME Channel 100, based on their billing ZIP code, along with access to weather in other cities. Popular Cities. For more information, stay on. Go techknight! HD Channel #: 214; Gold claddagh ring with diamond. The Weather Channel - Local on the 8's Emulation 4/12/15 Despite his best efforts [techknight] was unable to find anyone whod ever managed to capture the data stream going into one of these boxes, and as this generation of hardware hasnt been used since 2014, its not as if he can break out an SDR and record it himself. Discuss anything related to the project here. on January 06, 2023, 08:13:53 PM. Graphics of the IntelliSTARfrom October 2007to June2008. Overcast. New local on the 8s emulator! Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. During the holiday season, appropriately-themed music such as instrumental versions of popular Christmas carols and music from A Charlie Brown Christmas is often played during the Local on the 8s. I havent made an emulator since may and i just wanted to make a new one. The effort to recover and the possibility of bringing these computers back to life is mind blowing. in How and where to find ou Partly cloudy skies. The machine has no mass storage, so all of its software was stored in RAM. Intervals of clouds and sunshine. on February 28, 2022, 07:32:34 PM, Last post by benny f in Re: South Florida Weathe Local on the 8s - Wikipedia Last post by kwsurf The information is then inserted over the TWC feed with local insertion technologies. You signed in with another tab or window. https://github.com/mamedev/mame/blob/master/src/mame/drivers/wxstar4000.cpp. on January 23, 2023, 03:06:08 AM. Last post by TWCC_DJK5555 I am an 80s kid and smooth jazz still makes me think of those winter mornings when Weather Channel would be on waiting to find out if we got a snow day! Assuming they keep any of them. It peaked at #1 on Billboard's Top Contemporary Jazz charts in the same year.The Weather Channel Presents: The Best of Smooth Jazz. on January 14, 2023, 11:00:29 AM. The name is because it airs at timeslots that end in "8" (9:28, 2:48, etc.).