Then I have taken the thought captive! With them we destroy peoples defenses, that is, their arguments. What does it mean to take every thought captive (2 Corinthians 10:5)? Including all the forms of declension; apparently a primary word; all, any, every, the whole. Completely Free Printable Bible Studies and Worksheets - Money Wise Steward We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ, Tools 2Co 10:6 being ready to punish every disobedience, when your obedience is complete. All of these things involve the mind. Either our attitudes will reflect those deceptive thoughts or our behaviors will. With them we destroy peoples defenses, that is, their arguments 5and all their intellectual arrogance that oppose the knowledge of God. 4for the weapons of our warfare are not merely human, but they have divine power to destroy strongholds. King James Version (KJV). We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:4-5 The Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB) 4 since the weapons of our warfare are not worldly, but are powerful through God for the demolition of strongholds. I keep every thought under control in order to make it obey Christ. A Prayer for Taking Thoughts Captive - Crosswalk.com It seems clear that Paul is describing a war of the mind. 4We fight with weapons that are different from those the world uses. These final verses of this chapter, and all of chapter 5, represent the first blooming stages of the Tree of Life, as Christ is the True Vine and those of His who would follow Him are the branches, and they also represent the wheat of the field in the Parable of the Wheat and the Tares, which are sown by God Himself. and every proud thing that raises itself against the knowledge of God. And what does His Word say? We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ. Article Images Copyright 2023 Getty Images unless otherwise indicated. and every proud thing that raises itself against the knowledge of God. 2 Corinthians 10:5, ESV We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ, 2. New Living Translation We destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God. Lord, I pray that You would help me take every thought captive and think . We capture every thought and make it give up and obey Christ. (a) I take down, pull down, depose, destroy. 5I destroy every claim and every reason that keeps people from knowing God. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. I destroy every claim and every reason that keeps people from knowing God. You may unsubscribe from Bible Gateways emails at any time. To take captive (in war); I subdue, ensnare. NKJV, Ancient-Modern Bible, Comfort Print: One faith. 2 Corinthians 10:5 NKJV: casting down arguments and every high thing I'm the one who is humble when I'm with you but forceful English Standard Version. not merely human, but powerful to God for the tearing down of fortresses, tearing down arguments. To stop those ungodly thoughts Paul tells the Corinthian believers, and us, that we must destroy arguments and opinions raised against the knowledge of God and take every thought captive. The LibriVox Free Audiobook Collection : Free Audio : Free Download To raise, lift up. The flesh is powerless against the wiles of the devil. THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL 2 Corinthians 10:5 - KING JAMES BIBLE ONLINE 4 Ways To Take Every Thought Captive - limitless-horizon 17:9), even when we read the parts of the New Testament where someone is speaking other than Christ, we have to do as admonished and "take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ" (2 Cor. We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ. 5We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ. Matt Tommey. Scientists dont agree on how many thoughts we have each day, but all agree there are thousands of them. These thoughts are temptations and I have a chance to do something about them before they enter my heart and become a part of me. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of god, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to christ. From hupakouo; attentive hearkening, i.e. These words of God are our weapons, and will give us power to take all impure thoughts captive! Romans 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. The entirety of Your word is truth, and every one of Your righteous judgments endures forever." ( Psalm 119:158-160, NKJV) Do as David does! For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. Take Every Thought Captive - by Kelly Balarie (Hardcover) $29.99When purchased online Pre-order Preorder now About this item Specifications Suggested Age: 22 Years and Up Number of Pages: 272 Genre: Religion + Beliefs Sub-Genre: Christian Life Publisher: Baker Books Format: Hardcover Author: Kelly Balarie Language: English Take Every Thought Captive | 2 Corinthians 10:3-6 4for the weapons of our warfare are not merely human, but powerful to God for the tearing down of fortresses, tearing down arguments 5and all pride that is raised up against the knowledge of God, and taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ. Start FREE. ! They will be conquered with ease. This site is a proud member of the Salem Web Network, a subsidiary of, Copyright 2023, Crosswalk.com. LibriVox - founded in 2005 - is a community of volunteers from all over the world who record public domain texts: poetry, short stories, whole books, even dramatic works, in many different languages. overthrowing reasonings and every high thing that lifts itself up against the knowledge of God, and leading captive every thought into the obedience of the Christ; The weapons we use in our fight are not made by humans. Sign up now for the latest news and deals from Bible Gateway! From epi and airo; to raise up. Start for FREE. God gave us the Holy Spirit to empower us. Proverbs 10:23 The New King James Version (NKJV) 23 To do evil is like sport to a fool, But a man of understanding has wisdom. 5We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. My weapons have the power of God to destroy the camps of the enemy. We fight with weapons that are different from those the world uses. Take Every Thought Captive We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. #4: that sets itself up against the knowledge of God That contradicts Gods Word. This prayer and the 6-minute video afterwards can help you take thoughts captive. Allowing this inner work of God to take place in us is the greatest task we can take on in life. Have We Turned Our Favorite Preachers and Teachers into Idols? Paul is speaking about spiritual warfare against his enemies, who are people who spread beliefs against God. What are Strongholds in the Bible, and How do you Break them? 5Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; 5We destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God. Compare Translations for 2 Corinthians 10:5 - Bible Study Tools 4for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses. 5hcasting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, Read more We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. The term "taking every thought captive" comes from this passage: "For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh. The "mental intents" ("thoughts") are taken willing captives, and tender the voluntary obedience of faith to Christ the Conqueror." It's a matter of taking charge of your life - His way. 5We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ. New International Version We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. My weapons have the power of God to destroy the camps of the enemy. Take Every Thought Captive - FaithGateway Store In verse 3 Paul states that though we walk in the flesh we do not war after the flesh. We destroy peoples arguments 5and every proud thing that raises itself against the knowledge of God. he shows the spiritual might and authority with which he was armed against all adverse powers; assuring those who at his coming he will be found as mighty in word as he is now in writing; and encouraging them to reach out themselves beyond their compass. Handed down. Psalm 110:2,3 The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies. When thoughts go unexamined, they can do a lot of harm. 56 results Bible Gateway Recommends NKJV, Lucado Encouraging Word Bible, Comfort Print: Holy Bible, New King James Version Retail: $54.99 Our Price: $38.49 Save: $16.50 (30%) Buy Now NKJV, The American Patriot's Bible: The Word of God and the Shaping of America Retail: $54.99 Save: $16.50 (30%) Buy Now View more titles We are surrounded by the craftsmanship and creativity of the Lord every day. How Daniels Prophecy of 70 Weeks Connects to the End Times. Don't even THINK about giving up! - Vision Christian Media I keep every thought under control in order to make it obey Christ. Tools 2Co 10:7 Look at what is before your eyes. However, as we go through the day, we can catch thoughts and attitudes that are contrary to Gods will and keep them from gaining control of our mind and heart. Copyright 1982 by Thomas Nelson. By praying to God in the moment when we sense we are being tempted, we can receive power to keep our thoughts pure. Some commentators have taken this verse and applied it out of its historical context to use it for individuals in our daily lives. A guest of the Lathar, Jane hasn't forgotten she's a hard as nails marine. Taking your thoughts captive means speaking God's authority over them, and believing what God desires for you. NKJV, Chronological Study Bible, Comfort Print: Holy Bible, New King James Version, NKJV, Lucado Encouraging Word Bible, Comfort Print: Holy Bible, New King James Version, NKJV, Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible, Red Letter Edition: Bringing to Life the Ancient World of Scripture, NKJV, The Story: The Bible as One Continuing Story of God and His People, NKJV, Chronological Study Bible: Holy Bible, New King James Version. From noieo; a perception, i.e. #6: to make it obedient to Christ. To make them voluntarily subservient to Jesus. There was an error while trying to create your account. Why Taking Every Thought Captive Will Completely Change Your Life How Do You Let God Control Your Thoughts? Richard L. Ganz, Ph.D., clinical psychology, previously served on the clinical psychiatry faculty at Upstate Medical Center in Syracuse, N.Y., and is an adjunct faculty member at Syracuse University. ( a) Satan is the Father of Lies and will do everything he can to discourage you. KJV Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ. Lie: No one will ever love me. Purpose, or the intellect, disposition, itself. (PDF) The Theology and Liturgy of Reformed Christianity - Academia.edu We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every . To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that reasoning. 2 Corinthians 10:5 - NKJV Bible - casting down arguments and every high Proverbs 23:7 NKJV One way or another, those thoughts will harm us. 2 Corinthians 10:5 - NIV - We demolish arguments and eve - Christianity get to know the Bible better! Copyright 2023, Bible Study Tools. Matriarchs of the Messiah: 2nd Edition - scribd.com Sign up now for the latest news and deals from Bible Gateway! We capture every thought and make it give up and obey Christ. These weapons would not be carnal. This means that they would not be of this earth or made by man. What leads up to the statement that we take every thought captive is important. 2 Corinthians 10:5 in all English translations, KJV Study Bible, Large Print, Red Letter Edition: Second Edition, KJV, Reference Bible, Center-Column Giant Print, Red Letter Edition, Comfort Print, KJV, Word Study Bible, Red Letter Edition: 1,700 Key Words that Unlock the Meaning of the Bible, KJV, Value Thinline Bible, Large Print, Red Letter Edition, Comfort Print: Holy Bible, King James Version, KJV, Reference Bible, Personal Size Giant Print, Red Letter Edition, Comfort Print, KJV Bible, Giant Print Thinline Bible, Vintage Series, Red Letter, Comfort Print: King James Version. Get Free Alien Lords Captive Warriors Of The Lathar Book 1 Alien Lords Captive Warriors Of The Lathar Book 1 She must betray his trust to achieve her mission. Filled with insights that still apply today, this is a must-read for followers of the Holy Bible. 6:12). Arrange the words following thus: "Bringing every thought (that is, intent of the mind or will) into captivity to the obedience of Christ," that is, to obey Christ. 5We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ. Take Every Thought Captive - by Kelly Balarie (Hardcover) 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, Against the false apostles, who disgraced the weakness of his person and bodily presence. What Does It Really Mean That Your Body Is a Temple? . We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ. By submitting your email address, you understand that you will receive email communications from Bible Gateway, a division of The Zondervan Corporation, 3900 Sparks Drive SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546 USA, including commercial communications and messages from partners of Bible Gateway. We want to provide easy-to-read articles that answer your questions about the meaning, origin, and history of specific verses within the Scripture context. Paul says, 'We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ' (2 Corinthians 10:5 NIV). 6 Steps to Take Every Thought Captive - Money Wise Steward We tear down arguments and every presumption set up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. What does it mean to take every thought captive (2 Corinthians 10:5)? and all their intellectual arrogance that oppose the knowledge of God. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain in the USA and available as free downloads on. Please try again soon. For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. There can be no doubt that "the obedience of Christ "means "obedience to Christ," and it had better, therefore, be so translated. 5and every proud thing that raises itself against the knowledge of God. It's easy to overlook the beauty the Lord has put before you. Explain verse. Take Every Thought Captive: Exchange Lies of the Enemy for the Mind of Christ by Kelly Balarie. Who we are is shaped moment by moment by the thoughts we choose to let into our mind and heart. and every proud thing that is raised up against the knowledge of God, and we take every thought captive to obey Christ. Romans 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. Obedience, submissiveness, compliance. This printable Bible study focuses on God's creation. 5We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. Bible Commentary Bible Verses Devotionals Faith Prayers Coloring Pages Pros and Cons, 2 Corinthians 12:10 Meaning of When I Am Weak, Then I Am Strong, 50 Biblically Accurate Facts About Angels in the Bible, 50 Most Profitable Youth Group Fundraising Ideas for Your Church, 250 Ice Breaker Questions for Teen Youth Groups, 25 Important Examples of Pride in the Bible, Why Jesus Wept and 11 Lessons from His Tears, 25 Different Ways to Worship God and Praise the Lord. Take Every Thought Captive Kjv | whichpermit By the Holy Spirit we can get grace and power to bring the thoughts into captivity to the obedience of Christ, and in this process,we become transformed into the person He wants us to be. and every high-minded thing that is raised up against the knowledge of God, taking every thought captive to obey Christ. and every high-minded thing that is raised up against the knowledge of God, taking every thought captive to obey Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:5, CSB: and every proud thing that is raised up against the knowledge of God, and we take every thought captive to obey Christ. New life force for you! - Jesus.net NIV We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. How to Take Every Thought Captive (This is Life Changing!) Bible, King James Version - University of Michigan From hupsoo; an elevated place or thing, i.e. However, as we go through the day, we can catch thoughts and attitudes that are contrary to God's will and keep them from gaining control of our mind and heart. and all pride that is raised up against the knowledge of God, and taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ. 10 I, Paul, make my appeal to you with the gentleness and kindness of Christ. Take Every Thought Captive - What 1 Corinthians 10:5 Means & How to Do It Every Believers Thought Life PDF Full Book - Read Book Network altitude, or a barrier. even against the Holy One of Israel, Matthew 11:29,30 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. Proverbs 10:23 New Century Version (NCV) 23 A foolish person enjoys doing wrong, knowledge. When a thought comes, examine it. . - Wesley's Explanatory Notes. What you put in your mind has an effect on what you think. Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; We use Gods mighty weapons, not worldly weapons, to knock down the strongholds of human reasoning and to destroy false arguments. Copyright 1982 by Thomas Nelson. How to Take Every Thought Captive 1. What Does It Mean to Take Every Thought Captive in 2 Corinthians 10:5 We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ. and all pride that is raised up against the knowledge of God, and taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ. Copyright 2002-2023 Got Questions Ministries. Truth: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16 (that includes you!) They were at once the lay face of the church, the spiritual heart of civic government, and the social kin who claimed the allegiance of peers and the obedience of subordinates. Putting an end to reasonings, and every high thing which is lifted up against the knowledge of God, and causing every thought to come under the authority of Christ (Bible in Basic English), We destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God. NKJV Casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.