Womxn// Can We Please Stop Using the Phrase 'Strong, Independent Woman A strong woman never believes that she knows enough. They stand their ground on matters important to them, manage their finances, work on realizing their dreams, and are unapologetic for being their. Gender discrimination still exists, but 53% more independent women are participating in the workforce than fifty years ago, giving women a louder voice in society. The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Independent women work hard for what they want in life. 8. She must not be awed by that which has been built up around her; she must reverence that woman in her which struggles for expression. a demonym, also referred to as a gentilic. A queen is not afraid to fail. 18. Strong-minded definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary She doesnt shy away from people who are different from her. Talk about your favorite self-improvement books or refer to one of your favorite quotes, this will instantly make you sound more intelligent and mindful! She doesn't wait for permission. If you want to be a strong independent woman, you need to take care of yourself both physically, mentally, and emotionally. Failure is another steppingstone to greatness., Oprah Winfrey, TV show host, producer, actress, author, "There is no gate, no lock, no bolt that you can set upon the freedom of my mind. She reads, keeps up with current political events, scientific discoveries, and technological inventions. 200+ Empowering Words To Describe A Strong Woman Test your knowledge - and maybe learn something along the way. 5. She isnt scared to tell people that they are in the wrong even if she risks their displeasure. A strong, independent woman doesnt need to try to fit into a certain mold that society has created. She is smart enough to make sure that her risks are calculated, and she doesnt rush into any compromising situations. You may feel empowered by joining a cause like the #MeToo Movement, increasing awareness about sexual harassment and assault. She makes her own decisions with confidence and does not need to consult a partner or a parent to know what is in her best interest. Take your life in your own hands, and what happens? INDEPENDENT WOMAN in Thesaurus: 76 Synonyms & Antonyms for INDEPENDENT Welcome to my blog! These women focus less on what their body looks like and more on what their body can do. 2. 21. Everyone struggles at some point. If you want people to take you seriously and not see you as a cute little girl, you have to act professionally, talk, and look accordingly. 9. 5 Signs You're A Strong Independent Woman - Project Hot Mess Mention a thing or two that you do regularly to improve your skills and theyll surely want to hear more from you! Synonyms: determined, resolute, strong-willed, firm More Synonyms of strong-minded. I'm a Ukrainian girl who left her lovely job in software development to travel the world full-time. Sometimes we take our best qualities for granted and dont even notice that everyone admires it about us. strong, strong point, strong-arm, stronghold. by Humphry Ward, 1893. Subscribe to America's largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and advanced searchad free! She has learned how to do this in a way that is firm but respectful and can stand her ground without resorting to passive aggressive comments or hurtful words. Lets rock this world, ladies! Empowering Words To Describe A Strong Woman abundant accepting accountable active adorable adventurous affable affectionate alluring amazing ambitious amicable angelic artsy assertive astute athletic attractive awesome battler beautiful benevolent blessed brainy brave bright brilliant bubbly calculated calm candid capable captivating careful caring Both can be good in different circumstances! Because of this, they can recognize when they are not getting paid enough for the work that they are doing, and they wont hesitate to negotiate with their employer until they are satisfied with their earnings. We, Yahoo, are part of the Yahoo family of brands. Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. nouns. And just look how pretty all of those cards are! antonyms. Dido Armstrong. Being a woman in our society is not always easy. She is confident and believes in her abilities. STRONG WOMEN in Thesaurus: 53 Synonyms & Antonyms for STRONG WOMEN She enjoys the company of others, but she doesnt depend on them to define her actions. Use them to stimulate ideas during your meditation sessions or as interesting thought-provoking writing prompts for journaling! I will not be "famous," "great." Strong Woman. The fascinating story behind many people's favori Can you handle the (barometric) pressure? Women tend to allow societal norms to influence the subjects that they chose to study. Examine where you need to become more independent in your actions, decisions, and ideas, and make small changes to reclaim your personal power. ", Alice Walker, novelist, short story writer, poet, social activist, You are the one that possesses the keys to your being. But its definitely worth it! The official Urban Dictionary API is used to show the hover-definitions. Its been 20 years since Destinys Child gave us the empowering Independent Women Part 1 anthem, and Im still blasting it when I need a pick-me-up. Please do your own research before making any online purchase. She knows that things happen. Choosing the right words will definitely help you create a good first impression in writing but youll need to look confident in person so people can see those arent just words! 4. You cannot make any useful contribution in life unless you do this., Eleanor Roosevelt, former First Lady of the United States, activist, "I am a woman with thoughts and questions and shit to say. At the top of the page it has a place to write a positive word to describe yourself each day. Do you see yourself as a strong woman? If you would like to customise your choices, click 'Manage privacy settings'. Which of your qualities you yourself are proud of the most and how exactly do they help you succeed? Becoming this type of woman make take time and practice. To stay on top of your game as a powerful woman, its a good idea to regularly exercise mindfulness and ask yourself the right questions to stimulate positive change and self-development even further. 50 Powerful Words to Describe a Woman | YourDictionary 13 Signs The Relationship Is Over For Him, 109 Best Appreciation Messages To Show Gratitude, The Ultimate Love List: 365 Reasons Why I Love You, 11 Effective Exercises For Letting Go Of Resentment, Letter to Your Daughter: 13 Heartfelt Sentiments to Consider, 13 Best Ways To Deal With A Disrespectful Grown Child, 147 Powerful Morning Affirmations To Start Your Day. 5. Here are a few key things to do when building your image: Are you a creative thinker? She makes well-considered choices that support her independence and inner strength. Lots of interesting topics on business, management, freelancing, entrepreneurship, leadership, and a variety of cool stuff for creative people. She doesnt rely on other people to be happy either. Lists. Independent Woman synonyms - 64 Words and Phrases for Independent Woman girl power # independence autonomous girl n. free woman n. independent girl n. single woman n. female empowerment # independence female independence # independence free bird independent person n. independent women n. self-reliant woman n. women's activism # independence 59 Phrases for Independent Woman - Power Thesaurus There can be many situations in life when you hear the dreadful question like How would you describe yourself?. This is an important time for women to embrace their collective and personal power and continue to grow and become stronger. She takes charge of situations through her leadership skills and has the passion and charisma that is needed for people to pay attention and follow her instructions. Decisive - She commits to a decision after properly weighing the consequences. She isnt concerned about putting her needs and judgment first when making decisions. STRONG Synonyms: 349 Synonyms & Antonyms for STRONG | Thesaurus.com Even if you are a strong person and everything mentioned above applies to you, there is always room for improvement! Go Above And Beyond With This Prepositions Quiz! Find who you are in this world and what you need to feel good alone. Why would anyone call you crazy? A strong woman is reliable and trustworthy. Virginia Woolf (2003). ", Beyonc Knowles-Carter, singer, songwriter, actress, How does a queen bee behave? Are you ambitious and hardworking? Share in the comments if there are any qualities you are missing! It means emotional independence and being able to have healthy relationships with others without falling into co-dependent patterns. I run my world. Strong, Independent, Honest. Strong-minded definition: If you describe someone as strong-minded , you approve of them because they have their. She has the utmost respect for herself and what she believes in. Roget's 21st Century Thesaurus, Third Edition Copyright 2013 by the Philip Lief Group. Related Post: 41 Negative Thoughts Undermining Your Happiness. Im going to create my own door and walk through that., Ava Duvernay, writer, producer, director, filmmaker, I found that every time I asked for permission the answer tended to be no, so I had to make my own yeses., Issa Rae, producer, writer, director, actress, "I don't have to prove anything to anyone. You can complete the list of synonyms of independent women given by the English Thesaurus dictionary with other English dictionaries: Wikipedia, Lexilogos, Oxford, Cambridge, Chambers Harrap, Wordreference, Collins Lexibase dictionaries, Merriam Webster. ", I am a strong woman with or without this other person, with or without this job, and with or without these tight pants., Queen Latifah, actress, rapper, producer, If you always do what interests you, at least one person is pleased., I've been single for a while and I have to say, it's going very well. October 5, 2015. Search strong independent woman and thousands of other words in English definition and synonym dictionary from Reverso. 60 Powerful Adjectives To Describe A Strong Woman - Live Your Dream TODAY Here is an extensive list of all the empowering adjectives that can be used when talking about a strong independent woman in any context. children are supposed to achieve some measure of, the state of being free from the control or power of another, college freshmen often revel in their newfound, Post more words for independence to Facebook, Share more words for independence on Twitter. She is aware of what needs to be done and she does it. She knows her worth and exercises her ability to use her voice to make a change. You can complete the list of synonyms of she is a strong-minded, independent woman given by the English Thesaurus dictionary with other English dictionaries: Wikipedia, Lexilogos, Oxford, Cambridge, Chambers Harrap, Wordreference, Collins Lexibase . Emotional Independence 5. Depending on a situation, words arent always enough. Sexual Independence 3. (Updated June 15, 2022). The words that defined the week of July 6th, 2018. ", Figure out who you are separate from your family, and the man or woman youre in a relationship with. Financial Independence 4. Nglish: Translation of independence for Spanish Speakers, Britannica English: Translation of independence for Arabic Speakers, Britannica.com: Encyclopedia article about independence. But please dont wait for someone to hold the door open for you when your arms work perfectly finedo it yourself., You have to believe in yourself when no one else does., Serena Williams, professional tennis player, Im here. ", I will not have my life narrowed down. 7. "The original suffragette: the extraordinary Mary Wollstonecraft" by Bee Rowlatt, www.theguardian.com. She doesnt go around seeking attention to boost her self-esteem. INDEPENDENT Synonyms: 28 Synonyms & Antonyms for - Thesaurus.com strong independent woman A hostile, violent, and shallow female character based around what a cynical male writer thinks is "female empowerment". 3. You don't need to remind her of what she needs to do before getting them done. Do you feel like a strong, independent woman? Test your knowledge - and maybe learn something along the way. You can complete the list of synonyms of strong independent woman given by the English Thesaurus dictionary with other English dictionaries: Wikipedia, Lexilogos, Oxford, Cambridge, Chambers Harrap, Wordreference, Collins Lexibase dictionaries, Merriam Webster. 4 - Take Care Of Yourself Physically, Mentally, And Emotionally. A strong woman is disciplined and driven. Search she is a strong-minded, independent woman and thousands of other words in English definition and synonym dictionary from Reverso. TOP 25 STRONG INDEPENDENT WOMEN QUOTES (of 72) | A-Z Quotes Nglish: Translation of independent for Spanish Speakers, Britannica English: Translation of independent for Arabic Speakers. 13. Parts of speech. However, a strong woman knows her limits and knows when she cannot offer her best help to someone or when she just needs time to herself. Likeit's working out. It is the only way Ive gotten anywhere. 6. This sounds like an amazing technique for growing self-esteem! She knows her value and understands that in order to help other people, she needs to first help herself. definitions. Search strong independent woman and thousands of other words in English definition and synonym dictionary from Reverso. REPLACING PIECES OF FLATWARE OR CHINA CAN BE A CHALLENGE. I think thats the most important thing in life. Ive never done an interview or a presentation without doing a mirror conversation. So you use that voice and be strong., Kamala Harris, 49th Vice President of the United States, I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will., One of the most important things for any leader is to never let anyone else define who you are. She doesnt sit around, waiting for someone to make a decision for her. When you work with her, you dont question if her part of the work will be done. She loves. Lets see what are a few typical features of a strong woman: 1. 83 Copy quote. Clear-sighted - She is perceptive and able to see decisions clearly. A strong woman doesn't let the cattiness of other women bring her down. I am saving this list to help with remembering that I AM all of these things and more. Thanks for sharing. independent women synonym | English synonyms dictionary | Reverso Synonyms Similar meaning. Spiritual Independence 6. I deserve to be part of this conversation. If youre not happy, thats your fault., Tiffany Haddish, comedian, writer, actress, "I'll never harden my heart, but I've toughened the muscles around it. She knows how to weigh her options and consider the possible rewards and pitfalls before making a decision. By signing up, you agree to InHerSight's Terms and Privacy Policy, You now have access to all of our awesome content. 2023 Reverso-Softissimo. Phrases for Independent Woman (alternative phrases for Independent Woman). Roget's 21st Century Thesaurus, Third Edition Copyright 2013 by the Philip Lief Group. She doesn't wait for things to find her. I never think of myself as being a woman CEO of this company. Ill also pay close attention to my composure to ensure that Im appearing calm. InHerSight matches job seekers and companies based on millions of workplace ratings from women. A bit more polite than "ass," less clinical than "buttocks.". n qing rn. They dont pay attention to prescribed gender roles or let them interfere with their desire to learn more about a specific subject. Search strong woman and thousands of other words in English definition and synonym dictionary from Reverso. A strong woman is open-minded and inspiring. Independence. Merriam-Webster.com Thesaurus, Merriam-Webster, https://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/independence. Call me crazy if you will but mirror conversations have improved my self-confidence. Whether you are a female entrepreneur or someone looking for better job opportunities, this is exactly how you want people to see you. Check out this collection of my favorite affirmations for female entrepreneurs where I list the most powerful statements you should ambitiously say to yourself every morning to set up for a successful day! She treats obstacles as stepping stones on her way to success, learns from setbacks, and never stops until she achieves her goal. All rights reserved. One moose, two moose. 21 Things An Independent Woman Never Does. synonyms. Imagine a person that sits on a couch all day long and doesnt want to do anything. When she is sad, she doesnt think that someone else made her that way. You can complete the list of synonyms of strong independent woman given by the English Thesaurus dictionary with other English dictionaries: Wikipedia, Lexilogos, Oxford, Cambridge, Chambers Harrap, Wordreference, Collins Lexibase dictionaries, Merriam Webster English-Synonyms dictionary : translate English words into Synonyms with online dictionaries. Most related words/phrases with sentence examples define Strong women meaning and usage. Everyone has their own set of positive assets, and she doesnt view their differences as threatening beneath her. 19 Reasons Why Hes Not Texting You, 89 Happy Sunday Blessings To Wish Those You Care About A Beautiful Day, 21 Soul-Crushing Signs He Is Not The One For You (Even If You Love Him), Guys, Dont Ignore These 17 Signs Of An Emotionally Immature Woman, 31 Ridiculous Things Covert Narcissists Say in an Argument. Ex. Improve yourself, find your inspiration, share with friends. You may be an educated and intelligent woman with the most impressive professional skills but nobody would know that unless you use the right words for self-presentation. Real Moments, Dell, FaceBook post by If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun. If I fail, no one will say, 'She doesn't have what it takes'; They will say, 'Women don't have what it takes.'. But I also have a sensitive side that I don't show too much. Its who is going to stop me., Ive had a lot of voices tell me what I should be making. 'Hiemal,' 'brumation,' & other rare wintry words. She doesn't complain. She doesnt blame other people for her feelings. If your life seems boring and your views are limited, if you dont know what to say about your current work, if you have a fixed mindset instead of a willingness to grow, its doubtful that anybody will want to meet you again. Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If she wants to see a movie but doesnt have anyone to go with her, she is comfortable enough to go alone. Ill also mention some empowering exercises in the end that you can use to build mindfulness and become a generally more confident woman, so read on! Here is a picture of how such woman looks! She is proactive, not reactive. term largely used in the 20's to describe women who acted contrary to what was commonly expected by going out, drinking, smoking, dancing, wearing make-up etc. Hoppe had planned to enroll at San Diego State, but the pull of Europe became too, Direct-drive models usually cost less, but chippers with a clutch-drive often can handle tougher waste thanks to their, Each death is a tragedy that breaks our hearts and demands, When I first tried on the dress, I felt very, She said she fears that her instruction isnt as, Governments have finally started to appear as if they are going to do precisely that, with a bipartisan appetite in Washington for. The full colloquial phrase is a "strong, independent woman who don't need no man." This is the cultural phrasing that became popularized in the form of a meme that has since gone viral around 2010 and is still referenced now after more than a decade. I dont think about you at all., "I am learning every day to allow the space between where I am and where I want to be to inspire me and not terrify me. | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples . She learns new languages, watches documentaries, and keeps taking classes. Merriam-Webster defines her as " a person considered to be knowledgeable. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself. Explain to the person your need to be your independent person and establish clear boundaries with them. Someone Asked What Does A 'Strong And Independent Woman' Mean Although we still have a long way to go, women have more control today than ever before over their careers, bodies, finances, and lifestyles. Start with the personal qualities you have at the top of your head and then go through this list to find a few more you can add to those. The adversity that happens in her life doesnt define who she is or her core values. And then she celebrates a win and sets a new big goal! But she is smart enough to know when to communicate and compromise with the important people in her life about decisions that might affect them. I say if I'm strong. How does the adjective independent contrast with its synonyms? To save this word, you'll need to log in. It was we, the people; not we, the white male citizens; nor yet we, the male citizens; but we, the whole people, who formed the Union. Men, their rights and nothing more; women, their rights and nothing less. [Tech.];[Comp.] Thank you Vonda, Im happy to hear its helpful! Are you knowledgeable in a particular area? synonyms for independent Compare Synonyms autonomous nonpartisan self-reliant self-sufficient separate sovereign absolute autarchic autarchical freewheeling individualistic nonaligned on one's own self-contained self-determining self-governing self-ruling self-supporting separated unaided unallied unconnected unconstrained uncontrolled unregimented Accessed 4 Mar. Have you helped someone to reach a particular goal? Women wish to be loved without a why or a wherefore; not because they are pretty, or good, or well-bred, or graceful, or intelligent, but because they are themselves. HERES HOW TO TRACK THEM DOWN. What really makes you a strong woman? Motto of The Revolution (newspaper), 8 Jan. 1868. You can take a home-office deduction only if youre self-employed, an, Using Google Lens, she scanned one of the spoons, and within seconds, she received dozens of results from places such as eBay, big-box stores and, Among registered voters, the Berkeley IGS survey found only 11 percent of registered Democrats and 32 percent of, Stricter privacy legislation and the demise of the third-party cookie shouldnt necessarily threaten the viability of, AWSs story is incomplete without acknowledging the legendary role of an, In Virginia, McNamer said, faculty and staff members at the majority of the organizations 17. As a strong woman, she reminds herself of the positive attributes she possesses and can share with the world. I've come to believe that each of us has a personal calling that's as unique as a fingerprint, Follow AzQuotes on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. 110 Of The Most Positive, Uplifting Affirmations For Women, 41 Negative Thoughts Undermining Your Happiness, 41 Phenomenal Hobbies For Women In Their 30s, 15 Dynamite Qualities Of A Dynamic Personality, 31 Cant-Ignore Pieces Of Relationship Advice For Women, Internal Vs External Character Traits: 5 Key Differences, Wondering What You Should Do Today? I wish I had enough time to watch all the classes I currently have in my watch list! And then she celebrates a win and sets a new big goal! 10 Signs You're a Strong and Independent Woman Who Thinks for Herself A strong woman who is interested in physics goes for it, and those who have a love for IT dive in and learn whatever they can about technology. Try to tell it to the mirror a few times in a free form till you start to look effortless and sound confident. If I fail, no one will say, 'She doesn't have what it takes'; They will say, 'Women don't have what it takes.'. When you create the right image for yourself and ensure to be seen as a strong intelligent woman, people start to treat you differently, respect and support you all the time. Maybe you have good people managing skills that make you a natural leader? It comes with practice but with some effort, you can even show your negative sides in a positive way when necessary! We are much more than we think! Whether its during a job interview, introducing yourself to a new client, or a friendly talk on somebodys podcast, its super important to be prepared. November 1, 2021 Look through the qualities you just wrote down one by one: can you think of some examples where being this kind of person did you good? Think of something that clearly defines you and comes natural to you compared to others. Add it to your list as well! Even though we live in the 21st century, it still takes more effort for a woman to be accepted in professional circles. They are calm, in control, and believe in themselves, but they dont look down on other people. Do you have a lot of experience in solving specific problems? Being a strong, independent woman means that you are able to find happiness on your own. She isnt scared of investing in herself. Thank you. Any woman who understands the problems of running a home will be nearer to understanding the problems of running a country. If she hears somebody making a sexist, racist, or disrespectful remark, she can calmly tell the person that the remark is offensive and not appreciated. When she has a problem, she confidently chooses a course of action to fix it. Signing up for any of the courses above will give you a FREE 14-day Premium membership trial on Skillshare so you can see if you like the platform (or just binge-watch a ton of classes in two weeks and then cancel, that works too!). She can take herself out on dates, eat on her own, and watch movies without anyone else without being afraid of showing it. 3. Instead of doing this, she is proactive and takes the necessary steps to fix the issue at hand. The thing is to free one's self: to let it find its dimensions, not be impeded. Sometimes I would picture myself in the mirror at an interview with someone of great influence, for example, the Prime Minister. See how your sentence looks with different synonyms. I love this, Im going to print off and share. Thank Title IX, Plus, why inclusive management tactics mean better support for everyone. 2608 Erwin RoadSuite 148 #300Durham, NC 27705, InHerSight's 50 Best Companies to Work For, 25 Quotes About Hard Work from Hard-Working Women, 19 Quotes to Inspire Your Self-Care Routine, 20 Quotes on Achieving Work-Life Balance from Successful Women, Empowered to Be Human: 5 Ways to Spot a Person-First Company, 50 Inspirational Quotes About Work for International Womens Day, Why Sending a Follow-up Email After Your Job Interview Is So Important, Title IX: Everything You Need to Know About the Laws Impact on Womens Rights, How to Foster & Support Neurodiversity in the Workplace, How to Quit a Job Due to Mental Health Reasons, Free, unlimited access to career advice, inspiration, and job matching for women, By signing up or logging in, you agree to InHerSight's. A strong woman is persistent and tenacious. She doesnt let her confidence get to her head. You dont necessarily need to be all of these at once. How To Be A Strong Independent Woman: 13 Tips - Bscholarly This might sound funny in English, but this is a natural . She isnt hesitant to invest her time or money into improving herself. 1 as in autonomous able to take care of oneself or itself without outside help an independent young man who moved out of his parents' house while still a college student Synonyms & Similar Words Relevance autonomous powerful self-sufficient free self-reliant self-dependent self-sustaining self-supporting self-sustained self-subsistent strong