Depending on the coupling constant and dimension, they exhibit several distinct scaling behaviors (or if you prefer the high energy jargon, various renormalization group flows). Penroses talk is interesting (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk_6EtWUatM), as is the discussion between him and string folks afterwards. Berkeley Informal String-Math Seminar. This relation originally developed from the point of view of matrix models, was later studied from the point of view of conformal field theory. This story also relates to the higher-form global symmetry. Estrada Dona Castorina 110, Jardim Botnico Odbya stae podoktorskie na uniwersytecie Humboldta w Berlinie oraz uniwersytecie w Princeton w USA, a nastpnie zostaa profesorem w cole Polytechnique Fdrale de Lausanne (EPFL) w Szwajcarii, gdzie od 2018 roku kieruje Katedr Teorii Liczb. Abstract: The spectrum of BPS states in D=4 supersymmetric field theories and string vacua famously jumps across codimension-one walls in vector multiplet moduli space. Another talk of Penrose (and a conference in his honour): Leonardo Rastelli String Math 2021 - Alba Grassi (CERN) - YouTube Elements of this Hilbert space can be thought of as local operators living in a (d-1)-dimensional spacetime. Abstract: In this talk I will introduce a refined notion of Gopakumar-Vafa invariants on singular Calabi-Yau threefolds that generate a discrete gauge symmetry in M-theory. But what DUNE will find has been predicted years ago: normal neutrino mass order, no additional neutrinos, no proton decay, and no physics beyond the standard model whatsoever. The two domain wall systems are thought to be integrable; the evidence comes mainly from the study of correlation functions at weak coupling. Workshop on Categorification and geometric representation theory. Ta strona wykorzystuje ciasteczka (cookies) w celu zapewnienia maksymalnej wygody w korzystaniu z naszego serwisu. Miranda Cheng [Slides] [Video], Jan Dereziski (University of Warsaw) Liouville theory appeared there under the form of a 2D Feynman path integral and since then has appeared in a wide variety of contexts (random conformal geometry, SUSY Yang-Mills, etc). [Slides], Shi Cheng (University of Warsaw) Exactly because of this. CICADAS [i.e. CEIs should be thought of as a precise realization of the general idea, due to Kontsevich, that the category of open strings (plus data of the splitting) determine closed string invariants. I think I was doing him a favor by not quoting that kind of thing, which he really should be embarrassed about. how sensitive is the procedure to choice of k_mu he did the case where k_mu included a boost). In other words, the string boundary conditions on the probe branes preserve the integrability of the corresponding Green-Schwarz sigma models. Well, that would be the case if people follow the hype for last 20-30 years or more. Dear Peter, How is Jesus " " (Luke 1:32 NAS28) different from a prophet (, Luke 1:76 NAS28)? This will be done in the language of QP manifolds/symplectic L-infinity algebroids which is convenient for showing the duality is a canonical transformation in string phase space, and also provides glimpses of a generalisation towards U-duality and higher branes. [Slides] [Video], Vincent Vargas (University of Geneva) Add a comment | 21 . How to store objects in HTML5 localStorage/sessionStorage. Our brane engineering approach combines the intersecting brane configurations of HananyWitten with recent work of Costello and Li on twisted supergravity. This is joint work with Mark Gross. for Fundamental Research), [T] Sebastian Mizera (Institute for Advanced Study), [T] Sameer Murthy (Kings College London), [S] Hirosi Ooguri (Caltech and Kavli IPMU), [D] Joo Penedones (cole Polytech. The methods can also be extended to SU(n) or G2 structure metrics Dr. Kessner. In two dimensions, thesebounds allow us to determine the set of first eigenvalues attained by all hyperbolic orbifolds. [Slides] [Video], David Jordan (University of Edinburgh) What video game is Charlie playing in Poker Face S01E07? The plumbing graphs with matter can be viewed as certain kinds of quiver diagrams for 3d N=2 theories. Abstract: Knizhnik-Zamolodchikov equation, originally found in the context of a two dimensional conformal field theory, has recently been found in the context of instanton counting, albeit with a significantly extended domain of allowed parameters (level, spins etc). In this talk, I will explain how to prove their conjecture for a big class of link complements by making use of the R-matrix for Verma modules. In the ending remark, Ooguri makes the observation that the percentage of speakers older than him is roughly a linear function (64-2x)% where x is the number of years after his PhD. Its very good but he often leaves the reader a lot to figure out. [Slides], Carlos Perez-Sanchez (University of Heidelberg) Theres no reason to get into the technical argument over whether the perturbative expansion of various versions of the superstring in 10d is mathematically well-defined. [Slides]. Can I tell police to wait and call a lawyer when served with a search warrant? 3 years ago, F_K invariants of knot complements in 3-sphere have been proposed. http://jsfiddle.net/vol7ron/6cdfA/. We will explain how ideas from oriented matroids, tropical geometry, and cluster algebras shed light on the structure of the positive Grassmannian and the amplituhedron. Math Talks and Number Strings provide the foundation to help students improve their understanding and comprehension of numbers. CEIs are associated to an arbitrary Calabi-Yau category, together with a splitting of the Hodge filtration. Title: Bootstrapping AdS/BCFT Abstract: Gauge-String duality(or the AdS/CFT correspondence, as a special case) has wide ranging ramifications in physics as well as mathematics. Abstract: During my presentation, I will discuss certain equivalences between conformal field theories with a continuous spectrum: Liouville theory, its supersymmetric extension, and models based on the affine su(2) algebra with irrational level. Knots and Natural Language. https://8ecm.si/prizes, Ashoke Sen has computed the logarithmic corrections to the Bekenstein-Hawking entropy of various standard black hole solutions in this paper. Besides reviews of major developments in the field and specialized talks on specific topics, an important novelty will be several informal discussions involving two researchers and the conference participants. Abstract: We implement the unitary equivalence of modular Hamiltonian $hat{H}_{mathrm{mod}}$ and Hamiltonian $hat{H}$,$hat{H}simhat{U}^{dagger}hat{H}_{mathrm{mod}}hat{U}$, to realize the emergence of time from an unitary operator $hat{U}$. Joerg Teschner (DESY) [Slides] [Video], Netta Engelhardt (MIT) E-mail:eventos@impa.br, Number Theory, Strings, and Quantum Physics, Edward Frenkel (University of California), David Morrison (University of California), Boris Pioline (Sorbonne Universit &CNRS), Nicolai Reshetikhin (University of California), Pedro Vieira (Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics), Katrin Wendland (Albert-Ludwigs-Universitt Freiburg), Edward Witten (Institute for Advanced Study), Shing-Tung Yau (Harvard University & The Chinese University of Hong Kong), Dan Freed (University of Texas at Austin), Boris Pioline (Universit Pierre et Marie Curie). My talk will be based on recent joint work with Baej Ruba. Possible applications include computing massive string excitations, volumes of non-calibrated cycles, the SYZ conjecture, and approximating solutions to the Hermitian Yang-Mills equations. Organized by Mina Aganagic , Ivan Danilenko , Andrei Okounkov, and Peng Zhou. Leszek Hadasz (Jagiellonian University) I just work on Theoretical Physics topics. In addition, distinct tensor branch data obtained from 6D theories with a single instanton inspire us to classify heterotic strings probing ADE singularities. Ive personally never understood why showing that (unphysical limits of) your quantum theory gives the expected semi-classical result is anything other than a rather weak consistency check on your theory. Based on joint work with Petr Kravchuk and Sridip Pal. from 9:30 15:00 in So Paulo (8:30 14:00 in NY, 14:30 20:00 in Paris). How to check whether a string contains a substring in JavaScript? Abstract: Twisted holography relates the 2d chiral algebra subsector of N = 4 SYM to the B-model topological string theory on the deformed conifold SL(2,C). Title: String integrability of defect CFT and dynamical reflection matrices The problem is not that its too new to be evaluated properly, but that its been a failure. If you cannot make it work with a default operator, I suggest you ask a new question, pointing out where exactly you get stuck. As an example, we compute the trace evaluated on the unit constant chiral chain and obtain the formal Witten genus in the Lie algebra cohomology. PDF Aalok Misra Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee - IMPA We also discuss generalizations to b_2^+(X)>1. I will present a general overview of the theory of CEIs, and discuss how it provides a conjectural approach to understanding enumerative mirror symmetry for the quintic threefold, in arbitrary genus. How can I guarantee that my enums definition doesn't change in JavaScript? String-Math 2021 conference (IMPA, Rio de Janeiro), [R = Review lecture] ; [D = Discussion session] ; [T = Research talk] ; [P = Public lecture] ; [S = Starting/Summary talks] ; [G = Gong-show talk]. Title: Spectrum in quantum mechanics and deformed periods [online talk] [Slides], Meng-Chwan Tan (National University of Singapore) Title: The sphere packing problem and beyond. When the quiver comes from a smooth local toric Calabi-Yau 3-fold, we obtain a generalization of shifted Yangian, which acts on the cohomology of the moduli space of certain sheaves of the 3-fold. Title: Elliptic trace map on chiral algebras Can I did this command pattern if I declare the operator how it were a variable? NN-QFT Correspondence. Exactly because of this. [Slides] [Video], Andrei Caldararu (University of Wisconsin Madison) Discrete mathematics - ternary strings. - Mathematics Stack Exchange The key steps in this equivalence is a probabilistic derivation of the DOZZ formula for the structure constants, the spectral analysis of the Hamiltonian of the theory and the proof that the probabilistic construction satisfies certain natural geometrical gluing rules called Segals axioms. We also provide the action of braiding on the relevant branes, so we can calculate Khovanov homology for any knot given its braid representation. A better version was given September 22, 2021 at Yan Soibelman's M-seminar. Title: Non-rational $widehat{su}(2)$ cosets and Liouville field theory With what result? It would differ in rare case, if this function evil() itself declared some variables which would want to be.