The original was introduced at the end of 2016, but in just . Ill dig more now and sure appreciate your help. It shoots fine, but I would caution anyone buying a Saint that thinks they might ever want to swap parts with a regular Milspec AR-15. Sig Sauer SIGM400 Tread ***** The AR 15 is one of the world's most well known and popular rifles. God Bless you all (especially folks like Pat and commentators who have given me great advice!). Ruger AR vs. Springfield Armory AR, by Pat Cascio - SurvivalBlog.com One gun store owner will pay 35 dollars a box for 9mm ammunition. Forward this article to your email lists. Outdoor Hub, LLC (d/b/a Carbon Media Group), 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA. I would suggest to a first time buyer to NOT by a brand name and pay a lot more but instead find a less known brand and be happy. I've found both of them in stock for $750 and $950 respectively. They got the parts right or got the right parts however you want to look at it. This feels different from the last scare after obama was elected. The furniture on the gun is from BCM and includes its 6-position stock and pistol grip. Bravo Company Manufacturing. That means that Im not normally impressed with an AR-15 that comes out of a box complete. The Ruger AR-556 does not have a standard A2 grip, whereas Sport II has an A2 grip, and both have different barrel and receiver finishing. Ill let go of a little if I think a person has little or none, but in the present environment I really dont want to sell. Any advice for an older fella would be greatly appreciated and welcome. is BCM junk ? I've talked to some people who love the Ruger but some that said they've had a lot of problems with it. I bought a Ruger AR556 and am very pleased with it. Springfield SAINT Edge 556 Rifle 10 Round Magazine (Save up to 6%) Price $1299.00. An AR is an AR is an AR in my opinion. Both are comparable in price, but I prefer my Ruger. We greatly appreciate your support to help keep this blog up and running! I bought a new Saint a couple of years back and just love it. It may help to offer him brass you dont need or lead if hes a caster. Gray and Bwhntr65, Your experience and advice are sound. Featureless AR: Ruger AR-556 vs Springfield Saint - Calguns.net Im sure all our readers know that we are in another ammo drought the worse one ever and I dont think we will recover from it for many years, this time around. A mid-length design moves the carbine (16-in. Failure to extract on the very first round. I own the second model Saint with the free float barrel. Having a good bit of experience with many types of military firearms, I am an AK/SKS guy by default, having fallen in love, so to speak, with them in Vietnam. Springfield has also released eight SAINT variants over the preceding years; almost all of these, fortunately, features a. The new USASOC contract gun, the URG-I, which I reviewed in these pages a while back, also made use of the mid-length. 3 9 9 comments Best Add a Comment Im just glad we now have AR comparison articles and have sometimez heated debates. It has an 18" barrel, magpul furniture. Typically, when you go to gun stores like ours, prices will be well below MSRP. We are in for some difficult times in the future (at least it seems so). Subscribe to Pew Pew Tactical's sales and deals email. Springfield Armory. you a link to reset your password. I had put less than 20 rounds through it. In the same way, the Saint is an AR-15 made by Springfield Armory. High quality, super reliable and inexpensive. Now on my soapbox, what happened at the capitol was wrong and has given the democratic commies more ammo to go after everyone else. I do admit I was a bit jealous, but a few cans of spray paint cured my jealousy. How were you able to trade a $700 Saint for a $1700 DDM4V9? (Details forthcoming). But I took it tot he range and took it easy- Sighted in my red dot and and took single shots. Can a rifle be reliable, accurate, If you have access to a firing range with guns for rent, I would, Receiver: Type III Hard Coat Anodized Aircraft Grade 7075 T6 Aluminum Flat Top, Barrel: 16 Chrome Moly Vanadium, 1:8 RH Twist, Melonite, Gas System: Direct Impingement Mid-Length. The unfired part of the powder was still gunked up and in the case. Skip to main content Skip to search. Thanks for your service bro bless you and keep on bearing. could be a tad more accurate. iron sights good qual and co witness. DONE WITH SPRINGFIELD!!!!! Im just an individual that reloads and casts about 20 calibers for myself and family. A reliable carbine-length direct gas impingement operating system nicely complements this SAINT's abbreviated architecture. The gun has some great features including an M-LOK aluminum free-float handguard with patent-pending Springfield locking tabs for unlimited customization. I am fortunate to have a good supply for myself and fellow preppers in my group but that is what all of us face in the near future. So I just switch her over and take my time and safe money. After five rounds I gave up. And, with a Democrat majority in both the House and Senate (with Kommie-lala Harris to break any tie votes) if Biden is seated then you can pretty much kiss new AR production good-bye. Just my experiences and I could be wrong. called the 800 # couple times and got a human right off.that's what i'm talkin' about. There are others as well. With about a 6.25 lb trigger pull, the Saint is a bit better than the standard entry-level AR-15 that normally rocks the infamous MilSpec AR trigger. I don't consider it a base rifle for future modification and feel they are best left as is. Why they would shorten this channel and charging handle, no one seems to know, including the guy I talked to from Springfield. Its a possibility now days; of course, the blame will be placed on Global Warming. You get what you pay for in firearms, we all know that. I have owned and shot all different brands over the years and they all shoot pretty much the same and theyre all (as far as I know) made from 7075 T6 aluminum and except for a few differences they probably use the same CNC program. http://www.magpul.com sells excellent polymer magazines for AR-15s, the military is JUST now switching to them (trust Army Ordnance to move slower than a glacier!) For my accuracy testing, I loaded the mags with three rounds each, of the following ammo from Black Hills: 62-gr Barnes TSX, 69-gr Matchking, 55-gr Barnes TSX and 60-gr V-Max and 40-gr Hornady V-Max ammosome of the best of the best, when it comes to accuracy testing so, both guns were fed the exact same ammo. Both are very accurate and trouble-free. Just another comment not related to the above article. It feels like a $1200 rifle but costs alot less. a good friend of mine is an all-metal gun guy and has a lot of trouble with steel ammo. No holds barred guide on prepping for the coming mini ice age: storage food, gardens, seeds, livestock, water systems, hunting, security, antibiotics, firearms, more. Box 303 The free-float tube makes a noticeable difference in on-target accuracy. From my own personal observation guns and ammo are very scarce right now. I compared the Saint charging handle to the Milspec and it is shorter, so it fits in the shorter channel on the Saint. Compare. This thing will be going back Monday morning. Get one of any of these Saints and you wont be disappointed. Thank you, all knowledge greater than my own is much appreciated. Another bonus, another one less thang to purchase. However, my biases might have come through in this piece, and I liked one a little bit more than the other but no matter what it is a personal preference, and you have to make up your own mind as to which gun is better for you. So, I didnt want to waste too much ammo for this article. Note: There is a sizable model-option list across the whole Saint line, and Im going to focus primarily on the basic carbine, simply called the Saint. Thats a good long while after when they could have done it. I decided that I really like the Hera stock, and so I ended up getting the Ruger. Short-barreled rifle (SBR) and pistol Saint variants are also available, as is the premier Saint Edge with top-shelf components and features. The only way to get primers these days is to buy them in factory loads when you can find itevery round has One. There are a lot of good choices in the Ruger price range, so with the Ruger being American made, and they have excellent customer service, I chose the AR 556. The Ruger has a skinny, polymer handguard, and standard M4 telescoping stock. This is an excellent article Pat and your advice is on target. Can a rifle be reliable, accurate, and fiscally reasonable? I'm sure that it's good, but it is also new; I'd pick the Ruger simply because it has been out for a while and proven. Find some kind of AR now and pay the higher prices, if you wait until after January 20th you may not find any AR at any price. It does shoot just fine though. For my malfunction testing, I loaded all the magazines with Black Hills Ammunition 55-gr FMJ ammo. The good news is that it is a very crisp trigger pull. The extractor is destroying the casing when it fires so it has nothing to grab on to in order to extract. and polished trigger itll probably cost you another 75 bucks. My thought would be to use the 556 for target and 300 defense. A One-Time Donation (You choose the amount): A $5 Dollar bill, a 5 Euro bill, a few Pre-1965 silver dimes, or a booklet of Forever U.S. postage stamps sent in the mail also works! 1st time AR-15 owner. The tolerances on these rifles are extremely accurate which is how an AR should be ! That's what General Custer's troops said after their defeat at Little Big Horn because they were armed wirh trapdoor Springfield rifles and colt .45's and they were finished with Springfield. The Springfield loved the heavier 69-gr Matchking round, and I got a group just a tad under an inch and a half without too much trouble. But if I had both steel and brass cased ammo available, I would choose brass every time. Gun Review: Springfield SAINT AR-15 Rifle. While it was great to shoot right after swiping my card and filling out the 4473, I knew I wanted to make this gun mine. However, I was shooting in a light rain and I might have been distracted a bit. No regrets! Do you notice any other differences when compared to other AR-15 platforms? reasonable price, though some are out of stock. You'll now receive newsletters of our best articles on techniques, I've heard these rumors also but can't find any basis for them, it also doesn't make sense since Springfield has a major US manufacturing plant and import laws on rifles would make outside production difficult and costly. The SAINT Victor SBR 5.56 synergistically combines an 11.5" chrome moly vanadium barrel with a premium Bravo Company six-position collapsible buttstock to let the gun run like the proper high-end tactical tool it is. The MPR's 16-inch barrel has a 1:8 twist. They'll not only end up with a nicer 4150 steel barrel from Ballistic Advantage, but they can drop in whatever BCG and charging handle they want from a number of reputable companies out there. These just felt so good in my hands and shot so accurately, I just had to get a set! On a whim I bought a Saint pistol in .300 blk out. The barrel is machined with a 1 turn in 7 inches rifling twist and features 1/2x28 threads on the muzzle. The narrative is going to be, ALL Conservatives are crazy conspiracy nuts. Id also be looking over it and making notes on what I had to replace to get it up to speed and then out to the range. Id prefer brass over steel any day, but Ill take what I can find at this point. It's stupid easy to do and saves a ton of money. As a side note, ive never been disappointed with springfield. I still shoot brass cased ammo. Well, youll likely want a few more, but Magpul is good. Ruger MPR; free floated M-LOK handguard, 18" cold hammer forged QPQ nitride barrel, rifle length gas system, Magpul MOE grip, MOE-SL stock (amazing), and Ruger 452 trigger, a very smooth, ~4lb 2 stage trigger. Im curious to hear your thoughts, or anyone else. Springfield Saint 5.56 vs Smith M&P Sport II vs. Colt LE6920 - AR15.COM AR-15 AR Basics Site Notices NEW Releases from Tactical Night Vision / Night Goggles and other Shot Show Products Coming! That is, to me, what separates the Saint series from the radical majority of boxed guns Ive seen on the market. And of course, notice the retail-detail differences! Parts are straight off the recommended list, as Saint uses an M16-profile USGI-spec bolt carrier group with a select Carpenter 158 bolt. Ruger AR-556 Review 2022 - Why This Rifle ROCKS! - Gun Advice Hours of review videos later, I found myself with a lengthy internet history and some positive assurance about the Saint. In my opinion, regardless of who is seated as the next U.S. president, we will see a sharp uptick in violence and an even more severe gun, magazine, and ammunition shortage, all over the country. The barrel has a right hand twist of 1:8. They replaced the pins. Plus Ruger's customer service is top notch. How come people say jams when i.hot over 10000 rounds thur one never why People jealous that a Springfield is better most all.out there is why and better dd to.better finsh trigger bbr.