A few weeks ago we were doing a routine ultrasound. Any experiences. Awe hello fellow boy mom! I too feel more confident with my results since the issues tend to be around male results. La Jolla, CA 92037 USA, @sneakpeektest A Group Leader is a What to Expect community member who has been selected by our staff to help maintain a positive, supportive tone within a group. With Walker and this baby I was so sure on gender, so it just felt wrong. I did Sneak Peek last week. And they wont send the test until the next business day so my disappointment just keeps on growing for this company. . Enjoy all things fun and girly! My husband left for work. I have done sneak peek test on 8weeks 3 days. my scan was done by my MFM office and I just had my regular appointment with my OB yesterday. Ever since I found out I was pregnant (about 7 weeks) I just had this gut feeling and strong feeling that it was a girl. I think Ive found 3 different ones of the clinical version online. Has anyone here had wrong results with sneak peek? But the bottom line is a Healthy baby. . I hear theres more cross contamination risks with the lancet. Oh my gosh this makes my day for your daughter and you!!! any doctors office will tell you blood results will be inaccurate if done before 10 weeks. Ahhhhhh! Edit: added dates Chemical_Owl6153 Did the test at 9 weeks, got confirmation at our 20 week anatomy scan. I used last menstrual period (LMP) to calculate 6 weeks into pregnancy. This educational content is not medical or diagnostic advice. We did the Sneak peek gender blood test at 7 weeks, results came back girl. Tomorrow I m going to a lab to have my blood drawn and Im soo nervous! Lets say you have 3 girls and want a boy. Please specify a reason for deleting this reply from the community. This sounds easy as can be, but let me tell yougetting enough blood out of your finger IS NOT EASY. I now have 4 beautiful girls, my last two are 11 months apart. I was hesitant to take the Sneak Peek test because I didnt want to worry if I would get an inaccurate result, but I did it anyway because Im impatient. I dont even want to tell friends and family because Im certain it cant be correct. Congratulations!! By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. I have never had so many emotions in my life. . I cant find my results email, what do I do? So does this fully explain the question of is the Sneak Peek Gender test accurate? NO. We have a 3 year old boy already so we are overjoyed to have a little girl! Basically because as females we only naturally have XX chromosomes present in our system, the presence of Y chromosomes would show that we are carrying a boy. Thanks so much for sharing!!! She said that if it is taken too early or on the border line, it can say girl but in fact be a boy. As long as you keep that in mind, you won't be disappointed. I have our NIPT test and 13 week ultrasound on the 29th and will update you when I know. Ill never be a mommy to a son. Xx, bethann. The tests we offer access to are for informational and educational use only and not intended to diagnose or treat disease. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Fingers crossed its right, and we have a healthy baby! If they get a positive result, then the kit was most likely contaminated and the "boy" result should not be trusted. Sneak Peak Clinical, wrong result? - Glow Community SneakPeek products provide prenatal and newborn information to give parents insights about their children. I just want a healthy baby, but it would be extra sweet if it were a girl. Thank you Arin! This educational content is not medical or diagnostic advice. Well ultrasound confirmed that we are actually having a little girl!!! That my feelings were valid and understandable. Youll first receive an email confirming that weve received your sample at SneakPeek lab. Lesson learned lol, With sneak peak your more likely to get a false boy result. What do I do if the blood sample does not coat the test tube and mix with the preservative? Well I am totally crossing my fingers for you. I cleaned the kitchen, and sprayed it down with lysol like it was my job. So I quickly sit down get my refillable waterbottle(that my boys handled earlier), I wasnt thinking but knew I needed something cold quick. Note that once you confirm, this action cannot be undone. Samples are delivered to SneakPeek lab Monday through Saturday. One that I thought I had already made up my mind about. If you follow the instructions and completely sanitize everything before you touch anything in the box then youll be okay! & my husband and I were so excited. They should return a "contaminated" result to the customer with a reminder about preventing contamination. I am scheduling a 3D ultrasound around 15 weeks to confirm. I get mine back early next week. Got the results from the doctor on Tuesday saying its a Boy! I took the sneak peek test at 9 weeks, I have my husband and my sons DNA floating around my house. The process was super simple and I got the results quick enough, which is why it even has 2 stars.I've also had family members use it before and the results be right.I did the snap it and sanitized the bathroom and myself as best of my abilities. So theres 2 girls (including me) and 5 boys. Oh, I also have a male dog so Im the only female in the house. Something that would tell me sneak peak was wrong. I read youre not supposed to scrape your blood into the vial but I had to. Do you have a pregnancy calculator that tells me when I can take the test? I heard if you get girl its very accurate, its when you get boy you have to be worried about contamination. House is full of girls (2 daughters and 1 girl dog), except husband. I have friends with very distinguishable genitalia at their 12 week scans. I have a very small half bath downstairs that I sanitized 3/15/2018: I am starting out by giving this company/test a 3 Star review. It is sad that this company is allowed to continue doing this. I'm just waiting. I got my results back and it says a boy i havent stopped crying for two days I decided not to tell anyone the results yet bc in My heart i just feel like its a girl I do feel completely different on this one no sore boobs very little sickness ? It wasnt fair that this company could do this to people. At my 20 week anatomy ultrasound scan my results were proven to be wrong! This is baby number 5 . As long as your follow all the instructions, it should be accurate. These results were around 11-12 weeks, and just yesterday I had my 23 week anatomy ultrasound where I was told and shown very clearly and obviously that ITS A GIRL! praying for you. Im not sad, just deflated, and really hoping that my bonus babe is actually my daughter that I never thought Id be blessed with. How is SneakPeek different? Shes due in september so early this year. I have 2 girls and 1 boy and honestly I was hoping for another girl! This extra PCR would only need to be run on a little over half the samples (true "boy" and contaminated "boy"), so it wouldn't double their testing costs and it wouldn't affect shipping or packaging costs at all. I also read that ultrasounds are only 95% accurate so now i dont even know if i will believe it when i hear the results from her!!! Thank you for sharing your story. I have 4 girls already .. i had a miscarriage on oct . Frustrating that my emotions had to go through everything they did the last couple of months but like you said, its almost even sweeter now, actually getting the girl that I had planned/hoped for. No chance of contamination and worth the extra money not to stress about whether the results are accurate or not. Im in your boatmy at home shows boy and already have 3 boys. I know few people who follow rules better, and keep a cleaner home, so although that was likely what skewed the results, I feel that is the same for so many others then. No, I did not. Note that once you confirm, this action cannot be undone. Gender disappointenent is real! He got to explaining the position of the genitals but then said we will most definitely know next time you come. Had booked for sneek peek clinical partners blood was drawn 24th October.Results back on 29th October had gender scans since and all confirmed correct gender and matched the result.I would recommend if you where going to do it try and go for clinical version as most reviews I have seen are from home tests and can see why people are annoyed and disappointed.10weeks at time of blood draw also. I just got boy results and am hoping they're wrong. I hope you soon find comfort in your decisions and in life. I did 2 clinical tests and the first one came back as a baby girl ( we were so happy ) and the second test came back as a baby boy. I keep having dreams of having a little newborn baby girl. Sneak Peek gender test : r/BabyBumps - reddit.com Do you know what are you having for sure? I did the sneek peak clinical test I was so excited and I couldnt wait to know the gender, found out that we are having another boy! any updates?! I have 3 girls and 2 boys and struggled to get this last pregnancy at 42 after miscarriage. I just sat in my car. Why do you think its 99.1% and not 100%? I'll feel much better after the ultrasound lol. When I emailed customer service requesting an actual tracking number I never received a response. I was shocked because everything that I read said boy results would be the false because of cross contamination but that it is sooooo unlikely to . I was 6 weeks and 3 days so I was very impatient to wait! Would love to find someone in the sameish stage of pregnancy who did this test too! Im trying not to let it show but I am extremely disappointed, and the results just arent sitting right with me. It was just like a stab in the gut. Thanks for sharing your story! But I told my OB and she was confident as it was boy and not girl. As far as the blood draw went, I have extremely small veins so I wasnt expecting to get enough blood from one finger prick. But here's the catchif you contaminate your sample, you could get inaccurate results. I cant believe that happened to you Im so glad you have a healthy baby on the way though! How can I view my SneakPeek Traits reports? How long does the SneakPeek Traits Results process take? I was very blessed, I had two girls after my two boys. Im 13.5 weeks/. Group Leaders arent expected to spend any additional time in the community, and are not held to a set schedule. . Avoid if you can. I've emotionally had to process this whole thing for some time. Got a girl result on sneak peek today and was checking out others experiences. I found your blog from a google search about SneakPeek. I did the test , I didnt clean as I should , as in my head surly DNA couldnt go into my blood . I just did the sneakpeek test today! My husband and I couldnt stop gasping in shock, so we told her why. Reading the reviews for Sneak Peek test it seemed as tho false results were only if it said boy. Did you get the results after all? At this point, we were both crying. More ways to message. So I really want my girl I am only 11 weeks but have a doctors appt tmr and am going to ask for blood work there too since I am high risk . I did the sneak peak test Wednesday! So are you wondering, is the Sneak Peek Gender test accurate? I had virtually no nausea with my son and Ive been nauseous everyday with this little one so far. Just got my sneak peek test results yesterday saying Im having a boy (Im 10 weeks and 2 days today). Would recommend. Put your money towards a private scan or find a real blood test centre. That she recently lost her husband and father to her young child and that without her two sisters she could not have gotten through it. Unless you take the test too early, the girl results are accurate, as we know, all fetuses develop at their own pacethat being said and hopefully understood, with some (and by their accounts most) babies will give off enough fetal DNA to be detected in the mothers blood. Thinking of naming him Leonardo as my first sons name is Vincent (Vincent Van Gogh and Leonardo de Vinci) I am currently almost 9 weeks and I get to take the panel at my next apt for my 12 week check up Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for SneakPeek DNA Test Gender Prediction - Know Baby's Gender at 6 Weeks with 99.9% Accuracy - Lab Fees Included - Early Boy or Girl Reveal Home Kit (Lancet) at Amazon.com. Also reviews are awful and completely takes away your confidence in the service! I purchased the fast track snap kit and sent it off it arrived at the lab in one business day as promised, however its now been at the lab for 3 days now and I have yet to receive a confirmation email that it has arrived. This baby could still be a boy, she did say she couldnt with 100% certainty after all. When I took the test, I sanitized as I should, but did do the test in my first grade classroom (after school), which is of course, half full of boy students. I have similar story as yours, For those of you giving bad reviews due to a boy result. I was pretty heartbroken as I already have 4 girls, and this baby was conceived the same day my Grandfather died. The at home test says BOY. But you guys, I LOVE my boys, so in no way did I think this would be my reaction. I love that your OB office lets you do it! I got a boy result and I feel so torn because this feels so much like whe. Im secretly hoping! I live in a house with my sister in law, her husband, and her two little boys as well. I have had way too many people have similar experiences to me for me to think it is accurate. - SneakPeek. This is my first baby and it took me 8 years to conceive, so Im happy either way, but I always wanted a girl so Im hoping its right. Lets be honest , contamination plays a huge role of incorrect results. We shall see!!! . You'll go through Sezzle's 1-minute sign up process without having to leave checkout. Lol I found out my test was wrong and Im having my little girl!! A week after I got result a baby girl. I scheduled a Sneak Peek Ultrasound at 15 weeks to find out for sure if its really a boy. I immediately asked for a refund and was told I was not eligible for a refund until I was able to provide a birth certificate as proof. I had my mom come help me and made her change and scrub before coming into the roomI felt crazy but we laughed so hard at my inability to get my blood working and my moms reaction to the whole thing. I know it can be such a point of frustration and grief. So blessings on a wonderful pregnancy and healthy baby. Find advice, support and good company (and some stuff just for fun). that early on its usually the genitalia budding so its way to difficult to tell for sure. Hi laxmi, is your sneak peek result is true, Hi their can i ask if you baby is now born and if was a boy i just did my test at 11 weeks and its come back girl..i was so hoping for a boy as have 2 girls 1 boy already..but as long as healthy is the main thing..im from the uk and was wondering if shipment can affect results. When we found out we were pregnant I was pretty impartial on what we would have. I scrubbed down my area and followed all the directions. I would definitely lean towards trusting the sneak peek clinical for now. I am a mom of 4 who is passionate about sharing our home, lives, and products that make our world go round.