Thank you for this compelling essay. The Rhinebeck Sweater ebook. Yes, quite something to contemplate. Hope you have fun following along!Find me here:Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/jengeigley/ My patterns on Ravelry - https://www.ravelry.com/designers/jen-geigleyFacebook - https://www.facebook.com/heyjenrenee/Website - https://www.jengeigley.com/My knitting supplies, books + recommendationshttps://www.amazon.com/shop/jengeigley **Links are affiliate links - the prices do not change on your end but I do receive a small commission. Hello, my beautiful furry friends! Its one the biggest fiber festivals in the country, a real destination for knitters and textile people, Nena Johnson, the festivals manager said. Youre an amazing role model!! A feast to the senses! What a stunning place! Thank you! Yowza and Yowza Minis (singly and in sets), Yummy 2-Ply, Toes, Gradient Sets, and 12-color sets, luxurious Sojourn, Avon, and Caroline (in sets), our annual show colorway (always a surprise until the first day of the show) on nearly all our bases. RHINEBECK 2022 - FlyingNeedlesYarn One of the best parts of attending any fall fiber festival, of which Rhinebeck is a glittering, breathless, joy-infused example, is seeing all the handknit sweaters. A wonderful poem Polly! Thank you. Want to learn, Copyright 2006 - 2022 Patty Lyons. Brava talented Polly. Some truly marvelous work there!!! The one the only New York State Sheep & Wool Festival is next weekend, October 15 & 16, on the Dutchess County Fairgrounds in Rhinebeck, NY. And I sure do thank you for inspiring me to greater efforts along all lines of life! I just adore all of your wonderful posts and everything that you share so generously. You are a Creative Genius, Polly. October 15, 2022 - October 16, 2022 . Keep posting similar reads and spreading positivity. In 2021, you'll be able to come and visit us in Building 31, Booth 21 at the Duchess County Fairgrounds for the New York State Sheep & Wool Festival. Rhinebeck 2022 Show Preview - Miss Babs New York State Sheep & Wool Festival - Cornell University The festival, which dates back to 1980, was a virtual-only event in the fall of 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Leave your pets at home. I am grateful for the myriad ways you celebrate Life in your art, activities and relationships. Address: 6636 Spring Brook Avenue, Rhinebeck, NY 12572. Lovely Polly! The colors are exquisite!!! Outstanding, superb and beyond all imagination. By visiting this site you agree to our Privacy Policy. Breakfast will be served from 6 to 8 am on Saturday and Sunday and 5:30 to 7:15 am on Monday. Rhinebeck Sweater KAL 2022 - The Endless Skein For more, here is a New York Times article, Young Knitters Discover a Decades-Old Wool Festival, sharing the younger generations perspective at the Sheep and Wool Festival. They have really sought after wool, Johnson said. If you do leave your car, please park near where the bus is picking up. Hotel in Taipei | Hyatt Place New Taipei City Xinzhuang. Thank you! I wanted you to know that I found the time I spent on your blog to be relaxing, refreshing, inspiring, and totally enjoyable. 423-727-0670 | Free Shipping (USA) on orders $120 and up. The Festival has its own official FB page. You have a great eye for beauty Polly. Thank you very much, Polly. You are a wonder! The Flying Needles invites you to pack your bags and join us for a ROAD TRIP to the US's largest Fiber Festival the New York Sheep and Wool Festival at Rhinebeck! Thank you for introducing me to wonderful, amazing authors. Sheep and Wool Festival expected to draw 30,000 to Rhinebeck this Love your blog. Thank you for sharing this quote. Thank you for your blog Polly. Polly lets her spirituality into her art as you can see in the many abstract paintings she creates. You are a blessing to many! I have been attending the New York Sheep and Wool Festival for about 20 years now, and I have never made myself a Rhinebeck Sweater. I need to put them into action. Lastly, I wanted to mention that I was so happy to see that each year Rhinebeck draws a more diverse crowd. Tickets can only be purchased at www.FlyingNeedlesYarn.com. You inspire goodness, wholeness, contentedness and joy. Thank you for Saying So Well What Needs To Be SAID! Michigan Fiber Festival is LIVE for 2021 at the Allegan County Fairgrounds. Always the highlight of the event. As part of The Flying Needles six-year birthday, were taking the party on the ROAD! Mobility devices are perfectly welcome on the grounds so, if you're able to rent one on your own or bring one from home, you'll have no issues using it at the Festival. I enjoy reading your notes from the Bible Lesson. I can't believe Rhinebeck (the New York Sheep & Wool Festival in Rhinebeck, New York) is just a month away! Also, the cider donuts were amazing; they were inhaled before their photo could be taken, So much to love at this festival! I love the vitality of the city scenes and vibrant color palette. I am vegetarian and look for meals I can make that have lots of flavor. 3 Neptune Road, Suite A11A, From Oct. 14-17, 2022, we are headed to upper New York for the Sheep & Wool Festival via charter bus. Please dont steal my work. This is a fantastic article Pollyso much in it, I know Ill have to re read it at least twice more! Festival Gear | Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival We pull out at 7:30 am on Friday, Oct. 14, and return around 5:45 pm on Monday, Oct. 17. You have addressed many nuances that I have been espousing for years, and your words are powerful and thought-provoking. Bringing together people of various backgrounds with different life experiences makes our community stronger. Click the "Shop Now" button and a percentage goes to support this blog. Deeply nourishing. Thank you Polly for your radiant joy and embrace of each of us, wrapping us in your color and beauty of Soul. Our fave film in 2019 was The Green Book which we watched following your recommendation. Magnificent poem. I mustve read it half a dozen times or more. I love color and texture as much as you do. Thank you Polly, for saying what needs to be said. Saturday 9am-5pm, Sunday 9am-4pm. Hotel in Taipei | Hyatt Place New Taipei City Xinzhuang Visitors can also discover more about farming by visiting the breed barns. Thank you for tending these lovely flowers together, and for posting on your blog, Polly. You can see folks using beautiful old looms to weave on, showing people how things were done long ago, Johnson said. I love this poem, Polly, and I shall read it often! It's back! You are my favorite artist. Of course I . Thank you Polly for this article on supply! Original, demonstrating individuality and confidence! Date: June 24-25, 2023 Saturday 10 AM to 6 PM Sunday 10 AM to 5 PM. Thats all very helpful for me today, Polly. Add to Cart. For latest updates see the Sheep and Wool website. I encourage you to freely share and forward my blogs in context, with proper attribution, and with links back to this website attached. Our weekend also included three bonus events Cakepalooza, Wool \u0026 Folk and Jill Draper's Open Air Studio. Thanks to all who came to get their book signed! Host And to top it off, theres great fair food in the food court. I love the photos such a gift which makes me feel closer to Fall, my favorite season. Therefore, I love you! Your reading challenge has inspired me and given me permission to read again, as previously I had just fitted reading round everything else. The bus will not be at full capacity. I can tell when an angel has tapped me on the shoulderit feels light and right and fun. It also works with a variety of weights, due to personal gauge differing for everybody (for example Maya's version was done in a DK-weight). We do not offer public camping facilities at the Fairgrounds. #sheepandwool2022 Everyone is trying to get to that person first.. This blog deeply resonates while being beautiful, delicious, inspiring, and fun. Thank you for writing this opinion so eloquently, Polly. Thank you so much for your beautiful heart! Tickets can be purchased also online in advance for $12(+ a small conveniencefee). Now it is a legitimate activity in my life and I am enjoying it immensely! Wool & fiber crafts, sheep shearing demonstrations, frisbee & Sheep Dog Herding demos, Harvest Demonstration Kitchen, specialty foods and wine tasting! For someone loving both color and texture, this place was heavenly! . Dinner Saturday and Sunday also is on your own. I am so totally impressed with your photography, poetry, and painting. $7.00/adults $12.00/weekend pass children free. We sold out by 10 am on Sunday (woohoo!). Directly to your inbox. I FINALLY got to meet these amazing people in-person! Thank you so much for recommending it. INFORMATION MAY CHANGE. Thank you for bringing your hydrangeas into my home via the internet. Wow, you outdid yourself this month with your Bits and Clips. The last day of the month on your blog is always a BIG treat . PLEASE CHECK BACK PERIODICALLY FOR UPDATES. Weve selected colorways that we think will mix & match with a good majority of our Dyed in the Skein colorways but if you dont see what youre looking for, check over at Spincycle Yarns, too! We loved it and well be back again! Menu. Check out the schedule for 2022 NY State Sheep and Wool Festival. Feeling a little summery? You are so incredibly sweet, gracious, kind, thoughtful, creative, generous, joyful, witty, courageous, tender, persistent, compassionate, brilliant, articulate, ad infinitum! What not to bring Covid-19 Safety: Wool & Folk is requiring proof of vaccine for entry into the Event. When I open my email in the morning I read all the have-to emails first; I save yours to read as dessert. Our recommendation is to plan for masking. . Children under 11 are free. A note about superwash yarn: due to the treatment of superwash fibers, when blocked, they will not naturally "fill in" or bloom the way non-superwash wools would. It was great just to be among them. Saturday and Sunday in Rhinebeck. Polly, you have such a great feel for things. 7:30 am Depart from The Flying Needles parking lot, 5251 John Tyler Hwy, Williamsburg, Va, 5:45 pm Arrive at Courtyard Marriott Poughkeepsie, 6 to 8 am Breakfast, Courtyard Marriott Poughkeepsie, 8:30 am Depart for Dutchess County Fairgrounds, Rhinebeck, 9 am Arrive at Rhinebeck Sheep & Wool Festival, Dutchess County Fairgrounds, bus entrance (wheelchairs and scooters can be rented at this gate), 5:45 pm Arrive at Courtyard Marriot Poughkeepsie, 5:30 to 7:15 am Breakfast, Courtyard Marriott Poughkeepsie, 5:45 Return to Flying Needles Parking lot. Rhinebeck Meet Up & Book Talk - 2022 - 2022 - Patty Lyons I appreciate you!! Ive just finished this book and I loved it! This is such a wonderful venture. Your multiple images and vocabulary choices give energy and renewed resolve to flagging spirits. Rain or Shine You are who you are. Thank you for being a motivator. Providing us with wonderful refreshment, enlightenment, peace, encouragement, joy, What was the 2022 Rhinebeck New York Sheep and Wool Festival like? Join my friends and I on our trek to Rhinebeck, NY for New York Sheep and Wool festival 2022. Polly your blog is simply a marvelously enriching, thought provoking part of the daily wonders of life! We weren't able to go this year again on Saturday, but maybe it was a good thing, since they . Harmony is going on all the time; weve just got. I so look forward to your daily offerings and rejoice in them all. You can also stop by and see Maya's completed version in person - she was a test knitter for the design when it was first published. They will do this in front of an audience in a timed competition, Johnson said. Polly! It brings joy every day. Lines can get long for food, so prepare to handle the young hunger pains with some simple snacks until the great festival food splurge finally happens. I have just started this book and am really loving it! I give thanks for you and the blog! Keep up the good work. No. Other Activities: kids' activities. Fiber Events & Festivals by Date | Wool Festival Beautifully written, Polly captures my sentiments exactly.. I feel such gratitude for the beautiful way in which you express God. You inspire me! They bring me such joy. Rhinebeck Meet up!! - Patty Lyons | Knitting Teacher Thank you so.much, Polly. Your photos have opened my eyes to the beauty surrounding us everywhere. In many outstanding ways. I shared it with my mom, an artist, and she is impressed with your art. I never before found computers this beautiful. Thank you Polly for sharing those wise words! Their Poughkeepsie phone number is: 845-462-5555. Everything on your site is so colorful, spiritual and alive! Thank you for your honesty, integrity and willingness to speak out for Truth and Justice!!! Bringing snacks is encouraged! Thank you, Polly. Your photos are so vivid and expressive and inspiring and artistic and alive! I am so happy to have found your site and to be able to enjoy your expression of Spirit! You are a treasure! All of our Dyed in the Wool is Ready-to-Ship (ships in 3-5 business days). I did your 52 books challenge, and loved the structure that it provided to my selections. I'd heard of it for the last three decades but had never been as there were always competing events on this prime October Weekend. Its a rare inspiration that can uncover an aching joy but those poems do that. Hilarious! Polly, please keep sharing these pages! I made your fabulous Fish Tacos and they were BEYOND delicious!! . Five Fall Patterns with Tips from Patty Lyons' Knitting Bag of Tricks Oct 5th, 2022 . Admission is $15per day at the gate. Your eyes are keen and your photographs dynamic. No Pets Policy, Rain or Shine! These thoughts you shared are a keeper for me to revisit when in need. Once registered, there are no refunds. Todays is dynamite and very helpful to viewing our role as individuals at this time. Rhinebeck, New York. We'll be there in our usual spot at the back of Building C, booths 31-32, with lots and lots of our favorite yarns for you to shop in person! Oh so beautiful! Your posts are treasure troves of your beautiful and giving heart. Gave me hope. Your tart was just perfect! Layers are best. It gave me much to think about. 2022 SHOWS & FESTIVALS. I loved this post! I really do. Thankful every morning to see another treasure from you in my emails ! Skip Main Navigation. For the event schedules, please refer to the official site or poster for any latest changes. This is a group to chat about the NYS Sheep & Wool Festival. I will refer to it often. It radiates hope and feeling of calmness. I feel the joy and love of the color and thought in all your work! Oh my goodness Polly, this is absolutely magnificent and reaches so far deep into my soul. Thank you for using this platform to share these references for listening & learning. Wednesday meetups @ 11am-12:30pm on June 15th, July 13th, August 17th, and September 21st. Thank you for all the delightful imagery! We thoroughly enjoyed our jaunt to the Rhinebeck Sheep and Wool Festival. The outstanding photos and the amazing narratives made me feel I was on vacation for a few minutes each day. The New York State Sheep and Wool Festival is an annual gathering of fiber-arts enthusiasts in the United States that draws approximately 30,000 visitors and more than 300 vendors. Thank you, Polly, for bringing clarity to the stressful events were experiencing. Add to calendar (Google) Duration of the event: 2022/8/2728. Bring a mess kit Staged at the Dutchess County Fairgrounds in Rhinebeck, New York, The New York State Sheep and Wool Festival is a weekend-long affair, themed around fibrous animals and the products derived from . It was so fun to spend some time together! Should anything happen to you on this trip, we require a contact name & number for emergencies. Thanks for blessing my life and being such a shining light in the world! Organizer Jalopy Theatre. The Rhinebeck Sweater ebook - Ysolda Ltd Third weekend in October. Id love to take up wet felting, but with a pottery studio so slowly in the works, I need a whole new outlet like a hole in the head.