If one of my neighbours told me they was putting down a deliberate poison because of my cat I would report it to the police and the RSPCA. A neighbor may make a valid complaint for an animal running free on their property. Also getting police involved in general is not a good idea, neither is antagonizing your neighbor even more. For more tips on trapping cats, see the But if you want to keep your cat alive, you may have to keep her inside for now. Like I think if he had a gun he would have shot my cat yesterday. Youll just have to prove it and that might be tricky. Only Dark Triad personality types tend to . We did call the police this morning so they are aware, but she's threatening me, the cat and to sue the apartments forwell something we're not so sure of. I'm accepting this answer because it addressed the question I asked. And you proved it to the whole world just now, all by your little self. Unfortunately, no law in Florida allows a person to shoot an attacking dog in defense of human life or injury. Sounds like a complete bully to me, threatening that it would be a shame if your cat died. What he saw, however, was somehow . Linear Algebra - Linear transformation question. If you know who is making the threats, think about talking to that person. I will obviously go to their house and say I'm sorry and hand them the card. Our neighbors dog which is 2houses down dug a hole to the neighbors then dug a hole between our fence and next door neighbors got in our back yard and vicious killed our Maltipoo my daughter who is 9 saw the dog standing over our dog we called dog pound they came and got the dog but in 3dayd the dog was back at home how can they release a dog I allowed myself to rephrase your question to remove the "should I", off-topic part. Second, your neighbor could be charged for intentionally killing a domestic animal under Minnesota Statutes 343.21. My Neighbor Killed My Cat! (Do This to Get Justice ASAP) Consider having a conversation about how to resolve any issues the person has with the cats, if you feel that he or she can be reasoned with and that it is safe for you to do so. There are things you can do to prevent threats from escalating, especially because the law is on your side. A Twitter user claimed he was having trouble breathing in his sleep, so he set up a camera to see what was going on at night. If you read Ruths comments properly you will see that those NFH owned the street by bullying and you will also see that her cats stayed in her own garden,they were just another means of the creeps getting at her. My old cat goes into the yard with me while I water (I don't leave him outside otherwise). Answer (1 of 5): You have a great mess I have a similar thing happened to Neighbor constantly telling me he was going to kill my dog when I found him hovering over my dead dog I asked him if he killed my dog and he wouldn't answer me. Does Counterspell prevent from any further spells being cast on a given turn? I support both PETA and Nathan Winograd. In the given case that you prime goal is to let your cat stay alive, I wouldn't go into any details about the threatening he did. Can I tell police to wait and call a lawyer when served with a search warrant? This law also protects an actor for the . DIGITAL SPY, PART OF THE HEARST UK ENTERTAINMENT NETWORK. Hi I have indoor cats and I have strays in the back 2 to be exact who where born in my yard and bother no one. All you can do is either build a contained area in your yard for your cats. Are we clear?" I am pretty sure that the neighbor is justified in relaying the information to you in hopes that you take the proper measures to ensure the cat doesn't go on his/her property again. Your email address will not be published. Oooops, you just caught yourself in one of your own HUGE lies. I specifically said that I didn't want to have a conversation with this guy, and while I did have a conversation with him, it wasn't planned. My boyfriend and I like to walk our cats out like dogs on leashes. I had some time to cool down and I think I will leave him an apology card with a gift card to the garden center. Nail on the head there. I'm sure he knows it's illegal to harm animals as is. They are both obese Bowie's law is a significant advance in the humane treatment of animals in California according to Nathan Winograd. Thanks for commenting Debra. Photo of angry man by Jan Tik (great photo, well done). Sounds like a nice man. And you end up with a hostile neighbor which is not good for long term health, welfare and ambience. It's not a malicious or even intentional type of aggression. They will probably warn him. Having unreasonable cat hating neighbours can make you feel suicidal. The neighbor also continues to attach complaint notes to my front door almost every week. This seems to be a pattern with you. I've kept a closer eye on him, but he still goes outside. For example, a person who threatens their neighbor while waving a gun may be charged with aggravated assault. You have to exist with other people in a society, and respect of one's property goes a long way in that regard. Your neighbors are only defending themselves against the REAL bully in your neighborhood. We cant all like the same things but we dont go around tormenting people just because they dont like the same as we do, do we! Clearly your cats were a threat to what they valued, and they tried to protect it by any means necessary after asking you to keep your cats on your own property was a total waste of their time. Should I still report the lady to the police anyhow so there's a record, if nothing else? I think that the neighbour rather reacted in the heat of the moment and has probably calmed down now. I also have him chipped, and I did fit his collar with an electronic tracker. The dog may have a lot of pent-up energy because they don't exercise enough and maybe bothering the cat for this reason. But these two entities are at each other's throats. I have a cat, and she is an outdoor cat. How This Florida Neighborhood Dispute Ended With Two People Dead There are other ways of deterring cats without trying to cause them deliberate harm. My neighbor threatened to kill my cats. : r/verdun - reddit There are some horrible people in this world. You are right Ruth, the woman who bought our house first had 2 little dogs and was sure she could handle those rotten neighbours, but they didnt like her dogs yapping, oh it was OK for their dog with its loud bark to make as much noise as it wanted to of course. and our Shooting a pet isn't considered a crime, at least not as far as I'm aware. It would probably be best to keep your cat in doors for a while. Would you mind clarifying what you mean? My personal view on difficult, insensitive neighbours is to move home away from them. Need some advice - neighbor from hell and restraining orders If someone threatens the cats you care for, you should take it very seriously. I also limit his outside time severely. What Claims Can be Brought When a Pet Has Been Shot Unlawfully? Her response was, "No, we've already talked about it and you're being unpleasant." If it was me and he said the same thing, I would warn him that he will be reported. That simple-to-understand comment is only incomprehensible to you because you too have that blind-spot. This applies even if the gun is unloaded and no physical contact occurs. What I hope to achieve is getting him not to kill my animals and perhaps act a bit more reasonably if he sees a cat in his yard (talk to me first without death threats through the fence?). In America, the answer might be: keep your cat inside as a lot of cat owners do. By Dennis Romero. I think your neighbour is well out of order, it's not illegal to deter cats but putting out poison is unacceptable IMO. Sorry, YOU are a a deceptive a manipulative LIAR. Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience. If YOUR cats get harmed, thats EVERYONE ELSES FAULT. Who is not being responsible for their "property" and the consequences that property faces when it is out of your control? The cat was ultimately killed by the dogs, and as could be expected, the cat's owner was not pleased. How is an ETF fee calculated in a trade that ends in less than a year? Now i dont know what to do and i feel terrible! I don't want to talk to him in person because honestly he seems a bit unbalanced. He is Charlie. No, it wouldn't for obvious reasons. When we accidently went from a modest 2 cats to 4 We realized we couldnt make the house bigger but we could add space by going vertical for our cats. If not, you cannot claim they never went into their yards because you werent aware of it. My neighbour threatened to kill my cat. Can we talk about this?" M Scott Peck. It may bring some satisfaction but the objective is to stop your cat being hurt. A little while after she left, things got better with this neighbor. Video cameras will aid with evidence for any cruelty cases and deter anyone who might harm the cats from coming onto the property. The cat won't go looking for someone to attack! I'd call them up and ask them about the legalities of all this, then talk to your neighbour. Resist the temptation to rationalize, excuse, justify, or minimize animal cruelty. Neighbors Dog Attacked My Cat? | TheCatSite However, it will obviously create even more tension between you and your neighbour and may make your relationship intolerable. You must also document future threats in case something does happen. They wanted to own the house next to theirs, and eventually did after driving out the subsequent owners. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts I have no idea what the point of your comment is. Fine, whatever it's a little water I said as bit of a joke, "Sure he probably deserves it, he can be a pain in the ass." Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Unless it's just your pet cat. My Neighbor Poisoned my Dog! - VETzInsight - VIN Privacy Policy. Why do small African island nations perform better than African continental nations, considering democracy and human development? If anything happens to your cat when it's at-large, good luck getting anywhere as far as holding anyone accountable. My ex was mean to her a few times, and so her and I would basically riff on my ex. So then why do people think just because they are cats, it is OK for them to go wherever, pooping, killing birds, getting sick, getting lost or run-over, having fights or whatever? So YOU think its OK to try to entice cats to a bird feeder deliberately put there to cut themselves to shreds on barbed wire, do you? It is against our bylaw to have cats roaming, but like I said I never knew the cat was leaving the yard. Your email address will not be published. By clicking Post Your Answer, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. Yes, exactly. A caption explains that the neighbor, who is shouting insults and threats from the front porch, is angry because they've changed the Wifi password, meaning the neighbor can no longer steal it. If the cat entered your private property, and that is where you dog killed it, it is unlikely the owner would be able to sue you. Not to say that I don't think your neighbour is a raging bitch, because she clearly is. Thanks Marc, it was horrible beyond words, he was an older married man who got her pregnant at 15 and they quickly bred 4 sons who could do no wrong in their eyes. Great Pyrenees Dog for Adoption near California, CITY RANCH, USA. Am I missing something there? Not only is she threatening to kill your cat, she is probably ignoring her own dog (it isn't natural for a dog to bark incessantly.) Its so simple, so clear, to everyone else who isnt blinded by their cats. @yetanothercoder, I talked to him yesterday (brought the card). It will never end with your kind. Chicago Tribune. My Neighbor Killed My Dog! (Do This to Get Justice ASAP) In many neighbourhoods people wont mind a wandering cat. So my answer to could the neighbor have done it, has to be yes. How do I properly apologize to a good friend and let them know that I did not actually want them to move to another city? You are now banned. I took a few calls for my job and came back out to her and her husband doing their bird watching thing. Guess who the REAL bully is wherever you live. One of them gave birth else where and brought the kittens to us now after 2 months now they are playing among themselves in my neighbors yard in which they dont mind as they are not hurting anything and the jerk next door to them starts spitting at them and mind you in the past this guy even though I have no proof but know in my heart it was them poisened serveral kittens on me he is just a hater!!!! Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. 61. Diffuse cat tension with your neighbour To reach a solution with your neighbour, communication and understanding is key to avoid taking the matter down a more serious and legal route. Proceed as follows: Obtain several shotgun cartrages (12 guage are best). Can my neighbor kill my cats? | TheCatSite Just because they are cats, does not mean its OK to let them do whatever they want. Neighbor disputes are the worst kind. My only advice to anyone in the same position would be to do as we did and move, if at all possible! You need to get help for yourself, quickly. These are just some of the reasons why a dog might suddenly . They take him to the pound or shelter where his lifespan might be only a matter minutes. Another neighbor was put on notice. along with other people who had the nerve to try and take a walk and threaten them with a lawsuit over the constant nonstop racket of barking dogs. This is the crux of the story; OP's dogs killed a neighbor's cat who came into the yard by crossing the fence. I read an article once saying how badly cats have hurt bird populations. I'm not clear on whether the cat is actually entering the neighbors property or not? They had no cause to hate us or our cats, at the time we had 2 x 9 year old quiet neutered cats who never went from our own garden unless into the field beyond. I wanna go out, grab it with my bare hands and throw it at the OWNER!! I asked him to cite which laws he thought i was violating, and the best he said was, "Well on NextDoor they said " Am I really facing legal liability for animal abuse for a cat that gets out? New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. We don't let it out on purpose, but it's a sneaky little thing. Instead, in the past three months, our neighbor has escalated his harassment by throwing debris at my gods, which has caused my dogs to become afraid of them, and sensitive to noises coming from their house. :rolleyes: Whilst I dont agree with his poisoning cats..I do sympathise with people whose gardens are soiled and invaded by cats..cats are not wild animals they are pets and should be taken care of..so I am sorry but if your cat came into my garden you should expect it to come home having been chased or possibly soaked by my hosepipe..sorry but sick of them spraying,peeing and shitting in my garden..I wouldnt hurt any animal but I certainly deter them coming again..however many times to scare or wet them it takes..would you like it if I sent my 5 year old son to shit in your garden? Hurting a cat is tantamount to criminal damage. My evil neighbor says crap like they kill the native birds in her yard, doesn't want on her property etc. I am concerned about their welfare. :)" 16: "If. I also don't want him throwing poison around and killing my dog. It is lose-lose. Usually he makes a rush for the door and I just let him tire himself out for 30 - 45 minutes and he comes back in. I still use the cat-door my ex left behind and he finds his way back in every time. Dog Law In California: Protecting The Dog and Protecting People/Animals You should absolutely report him. Texas Laws Regarding Threats | The Law Office of Matt Sharp Very scary, because he beat that dog all the time, so we just werent sure how he would react to any sudden movement. Well Ive got news for you, YOU are exactly that with knobs on! Those people probably knew the thing to drive us out was to target our cats. Everyone in my courtyard complex loves my cat, besides her, and today was her first legitimate death threat. Very long story short my moms neighbor threatened to kill one of our cats named Tokie, Tokie was only 6 months old very sweet cat, the day after the neighbor threatened to kill the cat Tokie was found partially paralyzed and badly injured, barely 12 hours later the cat died from injuries, it appears the cat was stomped on or slammed into something with great force, he was not run over cause the cat couldnt walk and was found on the porch no where near traffic and it wasnt done by an animal because there is no bite marks, we did report it to the police but the cops did nothing and didnt look at the cat, on top of that the neighbor has been harassing me, my family, my 16 year old niece and our friends online, 4 of his friends who are all adults were also harassing us and one guy said fuck that cat. Play it safe. To go outside their territory puts cats at risk of encountering other cats and other animals who they are competing with for food and who may potentially harm them. When he couldn't get a good answer he said he's file a civil suit. Is it suspicious or odd to stand by the gate of a GA airport watching the planes? Neighbor unhappy with the fact I asked his kids to return our toys. 2 What to Do About Unwanted Cats in Your Yard your neighbor right away. How do you get out of a corner when plotting yourself into a corner. However, you have to be prepared for potential. Now. Did this satellite streak past the Hubble Space Telescope so close that it was out of focus? Thats downright nasty. I saw my cat pop up (from what I thought was behind the shed) and heard my neighbour mutter through the fence "I'm gonna kill that cat, stay out of my yard". Otherwise, call animal control and see what they have to say. In Britain the answer might be: if you have a garden of sufficient size, build a cat enclose. Yes they were an anti social family of parents and 4 teenage sons and a huge noisy dog in a two up two down terraced house. In that scenario, as long as you did not encourage your dog to attack the cat, it is not your fault. You explicitly show AND prove to the whole world that you had and have ZERO respect for your neighbors lives. All Rights Reserved. What do you do when someone threatens to kill your cat/pets? How to apologize to a friend I hurt two years ago without scaring them? Hi, I'm a 74-year-old retired solicitor (attorney in the US). It only takes a minute to sign up. I just hate him and know one day he will have to answer to a greater power. Hi, my name is AUGGIE and I am estimated to be 9 months old. They ruled the street by fear of retaliation. Did the neighbor do it is a different matter entirely. The common denominator is the owner who has consistently overfed his/her cats who look like siblings. EDIT this is North Carolina law though as I can recall, and may be, and probably is different from state to state, so I would immediately check with your local law enforcement. A. There are no winners. Our cats do no harm just go out for a wander and then come back to their own home. It may be impossible to achieve but entering into a dialogue with him about how best to deal with the matter may get him to work with you rather than against you. Who started this whole mess? I don't think it's right to threaten someone's pet. But below I recommend an alternative way to deal with the matter which may help to keep on reasonable terms with your neighbour if this is possible. I got a cat and my neighbor threatened to shoot it if it - Quora Then is it any wonder why people are shooting and poisoning your cats for you? Funny how the families who churn out the most kids have the least respect for anything. Just to clarify to that idiot incase he comes back under another name, the bird feeder was placed on a pole exactly between our 2 gardens specifically to entice cats to climb it and cut themselves on the barbed wire HALF of which was wound round OUR side of the pole. I don't know if you were joking or not, I don't care. Expand. Florida man accused of killing neighbor after cat wandered on property And yes, cats can and do crap on top of lawns. I am familiar with the use of that expression in frustration, but he sounded really mad. Fed-up neighbor threatens to poison noisy dogs with chocolate When HOAs and COAs are Liable for Neighbor-to-Neighbor Harassment. @Zeus: The card would be (and as I got it, was in fact) required, cause not every one feels comfortable talking to someone not well enough known to same. Not a very nice comment at all. Are there dog haters like Woody cat hater, who hate all dogs and their owners too I wonder? Is there a single-word adjective for "having exceptionally strong moral principles"? How do we make it right? So much so that you knew your cats were going to eventually get harmed from YOUR irresponsible behavior that it even made you move to a new residence. Alley Cat Allies has protected and improved the lives of cats for 32 years. So my answer is that while the man sounds unreasonable, he has a point. Wow. The best of luck, Mick. The only thing those people valued was to be able to bully the neighbourhood, probably a bit like yourself which is why you are able to understand their sick mindset. The Twisted Reasons People Poison Pets British citizens and citizens of other countries may have recognised the latest developments in the woke movement. We endured loud drumming music day and night, the street blocked off with the yobs and their pals vehicles, rubbish thrown into our garden, footballs bounced off our car and dont even ask about New Years Eve, that was so bad we had to take our cats and go elsewhere overnight. Neighbor threatened to kill my cat need legal advice please How do I kill my neighbours cat and get away with it? - Google Groups rose said You usually find people like that think they own the entire street they live in and can do anything they like and woe betide anyone who questions their rights'. I got him home from the vet a month ago or so. To learn more about how the entire incident played out and what other Redditors had to say about it, scroll down. Does a summoned creature play immediately after being summoned by a ready action? Great Pyrenees Rescue OregonBeavercreek, Oregon. Expect to pay less for Is It Illegal to Threaten Someone? | CriminalDefenseLawyer.com There is little point calling the police after he has hurt your cat. Werent you? That is more of less how I visualise him . But that doesn't mean they won't do it. 2023 Hearst UK is the trading name of the National Magazine Company Ltd, 30 Panton Street, Leicester Square, London, SW1Y 4AJ. Fine with other animals, including cats and farm llamas. Woody hates cats and cat lovers so much he didnt even bother to wonder why we were so traumatised by those people and I think he is one of the very same ilk who bullies his way through life and tries to convince others that he is always right. He hopped out of the car and into the shared driveway among all the houses. Required fields are marked *, Click this to send email to Michael Broad, the site's owner and author. Can I Sue if Someone Kills or Hurts My Dog? - Enjuris There are some evil poeople out there. The Tears Flowed on Reunion of Cat Rescued from California Mudslide and Owner, There are some good products in America which can convert a yard into a cat enclosure. He already has a felony charge for threatening to kill police last fall, they know he's crazy, the apartment complex we both live in know he's crazy. 1. MF date: Dec [STRIKE]2028[/STRIKE] 2019. To shoot a neighbors cat is a misdemeanor, punishable by up to 1 year in prison , and both domestic and feral cats are protected by the animal welfare act of 2006. Editor, Marcus Herbert. The articles are copyright Michael Broad but the infographics are free to use under a CC license. Follow Up: struct sockaddr storage initialization by network format-string. My 5 are all indoors now that the area has built up & theres lots of traffic it gets a bit crowded but its worth it to keep them safe. Dissasemble the cartrages and thow away the pellets. I dont know why she is attracted to this area. According to Michigan's Large Carnivore Act, 287.1111, a person is permitted to kill a large carnivore if the person sees a large carnivore chasing, attacking, injuring, or killing a person, livestock, or poultry. Shooting at cats is another nasty pastime for some people. If so, how close was it? I told her I have a legal right to live here as much as anyone else. It is her/his responsibility to keep her cats confined if her neighbor (you) requests it, in my view. How to mend a friendship when my friend thinks I'm in the wrong and I don't wish to apologize. The neighbor can be fined for non-compliance and probably won't appreciate your interference. Neighbors often poison pets in order to quiet a noisy dog or stop a cat from digging up the rose garden or stalking the birds. I've considered this carefully in the past; I'd write a note to each of the neighbours advising them collectively to beware of letting any pet stray since your own cat has been threatened. If not, the neighbor is blowing smoke. Catsunami hi, welcome! Who would waste all that time and money and energy otherwise? Depending on the state you live in it may very well be legal for him to shoot your cat. One extreme option is to sue in nuisance but that may not work and it will cause more hostilities. Many people accept it and like it. Harming animals with a sense of elation is a huge red flag personality indicator. Thanks for contributing an answer to Interpersonal Skills Stack Exchange! Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Can You Shoot An Attacking Dog Or Other Animal? First let me say i am not a cat person but i dont hate them. Very long story short my moms neighbor threatened to kill one of our cats named Tokie, Tokie was only 6 months old very sweet cat, the day after the Press J to jump to the feed. There is no such thing as a fat cat any more. Being not only worried sick about our own cats but the other cats in the neighbourhood too we felt we had no choice but to move house quickly. Thanks everyone, i will speak to the SSPCA tomorrow and see what they recomment with the police etc. Fill one cartrage with the. Okay!? 3 Types of Bad Neighbors (And How to Deal With Each One) - Rentberry Well about a year ago, I got my own cat.