I believe it was all business. In control at all times. He based his drug business in the Baisley Park Housing Projects, which were close to McGriff's home. The team used a color coded system for the vials of crack. WebGerald "Prince" Miller (@geraldprincemiller) Instagram photos and videos geraldprincemiller Follow 54 posts 4,903 followers 54 following Gerald "Prince" Miller Prince (born November 7, 1942 in Alexandria, Egypt) is an American academic and literary theoretician. This is a digitized version of an article from The Timess print archive, before the start of online publication in 1996. Those murders were not charged in the new indictment. Hearst Magazine Media, Inc. Site contains certain content that is owned A&E Television Networks, LLC. First was 1994s Memory Lane where Nas spit, Some fiends scream about Supreme Team a Jamaica Queens thing. But the more famous couplet came courtesy of Queens native son Curtis Jackson aka 50 Cent who rhymed on 2000s Ghetto Quaran, When you hear talk of the southside/you hear talk of the team/see niggas feared Prince and they respected Preme/for all you slow muthafuckers Im a break it down iller/ see Preme was the businessman and Prince was the killer. Street tales, real life crimes, newspaper headlines, Hollywood sensationalism and rappers rhymes have perpetrated, promoted and created a legend of mythical proportions that has grown exponentially over the last 20 years keeping the Supreme Team name ringing bells from coast to coast. McGriff was introduced to a sect of the Nation of Islam, called the "Five Percent Nation," while attending Catherine & Count Basie Junior High School. We may earn commission from links on this page, but we only recommend products we back. They handed us over to the feds on a Silver Platter. Court documents describe Trent Serious Morris as the teams primary drug courier who negotiated deals by telephone with William Willie G Graham a supplier linked with the team who had Colombian connections. They just put that all on the team to get the feds to take the case because the state was gonna have to let everyone go. As they say in the streets, he handled his. DA Santucci said he was startled and dismayed at the verdict. Prince (born November 7, 1942 in Alexandria, Egypt) is an American academic and literary theoretician. WebGerald Prince Miller net worth is $19 Million Gerald Prince Miller Wiki: Salary, Married, Wedding, Spouse, Family Gerald 'Prince' Miller was born as Gerald G. Money. The fact is, these four people were slaughtered, said DA Santucci. I was seventeen and didnt have any goals. Part 2 of the Supreme Team documentary-series will air on Sunday, July 17 at 10 p.m. eastern. If police officials entered the area, McGriff's security team would alert their dealers, who would then hide incriminating evidence. The whole fucking United States. I thought he was telling me 13 life sentences, imagine that. The gang that the feds said were responsible for 20 murders and countless shootings beat almost every single murder count. Astrological Sign: Virgo, Article Title: Kenneth McGriff Biography, Author: Biography.com Editors, Website Name: The Biography.com website, Url: https://www.biography.com/crime/kenneth-mcgriff, Publisher: A&E; Television Networks, Last Updated: July 15, 2020, Original Published Date: April 2, 2014. Directed by: Peter J. Scalettar Nas Team members communicated using the Five Percenter Supreme Alphabet and Supreme Mathematics as a coded language and numerical systems. Those murders were not charged in the new indictment. But life went sour for McGriff after he was asked to settle a dispute between rappers 50 Cent and Ja Rule. Investigators believed that McGriff had hired killers to exact revenge on the two men, who were allegedly responsible for the death of McGriff's friend, Black Jus' Johnson. When I was younger I didnt give a fuck. Those murders were not charged in the new indictment. From Liberty Ave and 171, 115th and Sutphin Blvd, to 121 which is several blocks. Around 125,000 people live within its borders, 62 percent of them black. Gangsta to his core. He is an actor, known for Night Bird (2012). He was known to be cool, calm and collected. The teams leaders had insulated themselves from police contact through extensive use of body guards and lookouts and when the state applied for wire tap authorization it had yet to identify all of the upper and middle level members of the Supreme Team or to determine where the narcotics and illegal proceeds were kept or to identify the teams suppliers. Court documents say approximately 80 witnesses were at the federal trial including Ernesto Piniella, Julio Hernandez, Trent Morris and Ina McGriff (no relation to Supreme) a corrupt former parole officer who traded info to the gang in exchange for sex and money. When they gave me 14 years instead of a life sentence I thought I was blessed. Tuck goes on. He was really kind of a wealth of information and insight, and could speak to the law enforcement side, to the Queens community side, to the New York black community side, to so many parts of it, Scalettar told The Post. I dont give a fuck how much money you have. McGriff was introduced to local drug kingpin "Fat Cat" Nichols, through a fellow Five Percenter, "Prince" Rasheem, who was a cousin of Nichols. Last May, a state jury acquitted Miller, 29, of ordering the kidnapping and murder of three Colombian drug dealers while jailed on other charges. WebA three-part limited docuseries that takes an in-depth look at the notorious Queens, New York gang, and tells the real story from the mouths of its two leaders and family members, Kenneth "Supreme" McGriff and Gerald "Prince'' Miller. And though McGriff was released in 1994, he wound up back in jail on murder-for-hire charges this time for life in 2007. hip hop Southside Supreme Supreme Team Alain Clerine 183 posts 0 comments "Even if It ain't sunny, hey, I ain't complaining. And the jurors told the judge. They called it the game but in reality it was a vicious attempt to come up by any means necessary. WebGerald 'Prince' Miller is known for Night Bird (2012) and Supreme Team (2022). The power of this drug., 50 of 500. hip hop Southside Supreme Supreme Team Alain Clerine 183 posts 0 comments "Even if It ain't sunny, hey, I ain't complaining. But was the good enough to outweigh the bad? The incident outraged the feds and put all the witnesses and their families on notice- dont come forward. I cannot understand it, but its not for me to understand. Real gangstas do gangsta shit. Hes sitting there in the room, going back and telling the feds our trial strategy. The film Crime Partners was shot later that year in Harlem, New York, and included appearances by Ja Rule, .css-47aoac{-webkit-text-decoration:underline;text-decoration:underline;text-decoration-thickness:0.0625rem;text-decoration-color:inherit;text-underline-offset:0.25rem;color:#A00000;-webkit-transition:all 0.3s ease-in-out;transition:all 0.3s ease-in-out;}.css-47aoac:hover{color:#595959;text-decoration-color:border-link-body-hover;}Snoop Dogg and Ice-T. McGriff optioned the rights to four more Goines books, with the vision to produce a franchise. Rappers from Jay-Z to 50 Cent saw the notorious Queens drug business as an epic tale of their neighborhoods. In court documents the state explained that it had been investigating the Supreme Team for some years and had nearly exhausted its battery of traditional investigative techniques with little success. Listen carefully to people like Eric Adams talk and how he telegraphs exactly how he'll govern- when you insist on electing these people to positions of power, with their warped sense of justice, black vs white, gangs vs homeowners, etc., no one can be surprised when you go from a hack like De Blasio to Adams and the undercurrent doesn't just languish, it gets worse. David US English Zira US English How to say Gerald 'Prince' Miller in sign language? C-Just to 3 lifes, Big C got 2 lifes, Pookie got life, Shannon got 30 years, Bing got 19 years. During that trial, the father-in-law and sister-in-law of a key witness were slain the day after his testimony began. Asked why it has taken two years, so far, to sentence the gang members, Mr. Ressler said, "There were post-trial motions, some of their lawyers were tied up with other cases and some of them requested new lawyers after they were convicted. I read alot of your stuff on Supreme on this site which is good but will you be doing anymore articles on GeraldPrinceMiller on Gorilla Convict because his story is still very interesting to me? In 2003, he was convicted of drug trafficking, racketeering and murder. They led a team that was said to be over 200 deep and rivaled the Mafia in structure. If the crackhead wanted yellow then yellow it was. Despite the victory, McGriff was convicted of drug trafficking, racketeering and murder in New York federal court. Every street hustler alive should see the possibilities right now., 2023 NYP Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved, Kansans demand Adams apologize after he belittles capital city, Bidens migrant mess now costing NYC nearly $5M a day, Mayor Adams is dead right: Kids (and parents) do need faith, City Hall spending $5M a day on housing, feeding migrants. He was back and forth fighting murder cases. In 1989, McGriff spent 10 years in a federal prison for a narcotics conviction. WebGerald 'Prince' Miller is known for Night Bird (2012) and Supreme Team (2022). When the crack era in New York was jumping off in the 1980s a lot of street legends were born in a hail of gunfire. Before he became the rap superstar fans know and love today, 50 Cent had a near-fatal attempt on his life. Mr. Miller, leader of a gang that called itself the Supreme Team, was convicted in June 1993 of racketeering, murder and drug trafficking. It was all about getting that paper. Infamy has its price. Last May, a state jury acquitted Miller, 29, of ordering the kidnapping and murder of three Colombian drug dealers while jailed on other charges. Seventeen years old and delivering groceries to fucking people. He says. Nichols suspected two men, Henry and Issac Bolden of robbing Nichols organization. Facebook gives people the power to share and makes the world more open and connected. I was a delivery guy. Tucker and Coleman managed retail spots and supervised crews of workers; long-time gang member David Robinson helped supervise the drug operations and kept records. According to court papers, Miller, whose street name is Prince, rose through the ranks of the Supreme Team, taking over in 1987 after his uncle, Kenneth McGriff, was sentenced to 12 years on drug charges. ald 'Prince' Miller Here are all the possible meanings and translations of the word Gerald 'Prince' Miller. Neighborhood kids who were loyal to McGriff would be given special treats, including basketball tournaments and musical performances. However as one gets older his perspective on life changes. DJ Jason Mizell (aka Jam Master Jay). After Millers Queens Village house was raided, he was sentenced to six concurrent life sentences plus 20 years in 1993 for drug trafficking. The leader of a drug gang that committed at least three murders in South Jamaica, Queens, was sentenced to life in prison yesterday in Federal District Court in Brooklyn, two years after his conviction. In 2007, he was sentenced to life in prison. These dudes according to court documents were Princes security team. But after McGriff was busted in a raid in 1987 and sent to prison, things turned even more dangerous in the drug game. That was how it played out in the streets. Both received life sentences. Each color signified whose cocaine it was. WebBefore becoming leaders of the notorious Supreme Team, Kenneth "Supreme" McGriff and Gerald "Prince" Miller were young boys growing up in the thriving middle-class section of South Jamaica, Queens. Thats where I hustled at. The papers screamed their outrage about the vicious drug gang that turned a neighborhood in South Jamaica into a killing field. Prince was considered by law enforcement officials to be one of the most violent drug dealers in the city during the 1980s but heres Tucks take on Prince, I looked up to him. Their headquarters was in Baisley Park, in South Jamaica, Queens, New York City, New York. Everybodys heard the raps, read the newspaper headlines and the magazine articles but what was the Supreme Team really about? WebA three-part limited docuseries that takes an in-depth look at the notorious Queens, New York gang, and tells the real story from the mouths of its two leaders and family members, Kenneth "Supreme" McGriff and Gerald "Prince'' Miller. In 2000, one of his songs, Ghetto Qu'ran, hit the streets much to the chagrin of McGriff and Miller, in which the rapper branded Prince as a "killer" in his lyrics. WebAfter McGriff went to jail in 1987, leadership of the Supreme Team was assumed by Gerald "Prince" Miller. He damn near beat every murder except this humble shit. Later, knowing that her husband had gone to meet Arroyo before disappearing, Suarez's wife telephoned Arroyo, who told her that Suarez was supposed to have met him but never arrived. Numerology Chaldean Numerology The numerical value of Gerald 'Prince' Miller in Chaldean Numerology is: 6 The feds indicted Prince and his co-defendants on a 14 count racketeering indictment that included counts for drug related murders, drug conspiracy and drug dealing. He also began making plans to enter the film industry, with the goal of creating a remake of a Donald Goines crime novel. I thought I could sell drugs forever. But forever is a mighty long time and looking back Tuck admits, I chose to make the streets a part of my life. Either you were down with the team or else. Instead, he was granted a court-appointed attorney. About the other Supreme Team members this is how the streets remember them. You his day 1 potna original team member and got treated like a corner boy. "They were convicted of three homicides, but during the trial, evidence was presented that linked the Supreme Team to more than 20 murders.". During that trial, the father-in-law and sister-in-law of a key witness were slain the day after his testimony began. On March 21, 1990, 130 cops from the TNT task force fanned out to 15 area apartments for simultaneous 6 a.m. raids. You see all types of shit and its not pretty. The sophistication of the gangs operation enabled it to survive the periodic targeting of various members for prosecution by the NYPD and the Queens County District Attorneys Office. Those who didnt, the feds would have you believe, were murdered. Their resources are unlimited. WebPrevious Freeze Frame: Motown Drug Chief Chill Peterson Goes Down In W. Virginia DEAs Operation Saigon Sunset About his relationship with Prince he says, I dont think Prince and I ever had a friendship. I went from making 100 dollars a week at the grocery store to a thousand dollars a day. WebAn in-depth look at the Queens, New York gang, and the real story from the mouths of its two leaders and family members, Kenneth "Supreme" McGriff and Gerald "Prince" Miller. Team members communicated in coded language and numerical systems. He survived, and released another song, which implicated McGriff in the shooting. What was the real story? The cocaine would be brought back to the Robinson apartment, where it was processed as crack, packaged, and given to Arroyo, David Robinson, Tucker, or Coleman, who in turn arranged for its sale by street-level employees. Making friends with hip-hop producer Irv Gotti, McGriff began meeting rappers and urban musicians, often providing them with protection. Julio Hernandez joined Puerto Rican Righteous and Serious as a snitch. Comment * document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a3c502d5f1117e94d4a91b59e7fbb31d" );document.getElementById("ad2dc18bad").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. ald 'Prince' Miller Here are all the possible meanings and translations of the word Gerald 'Prince' Miller. What they call a spy in the camp., And during the prelude to the trial the judge reported that Prince who served as his own lawyer in pretrial proceedings was making carefully orchestrated maneuvers to delay the trial as long as possible so that witnesses could be intimidated into not testifying against him. He swore to god he wasnt telling. The notoriety of Supreme is well publicized and his transformation from gangsta to hip-hop icon and rap maestro has been well documented as has the feds blatant vendetta against the man. According to court papers, Miller, whose street name is Prince, rose through the ranks of the Supreme Team, taking over in 1987 after his uncle, Kenneth McGriff, was sentenced to 12 years on drug charges. Projects, Tuck says. A man who stood tall in the face of adversity and went to trial at Princes side. WebBefore becoming leaders of the notorious Supreme Team, Kenneth "Supreme" McGriff and Gerald "Prince" Miller were young boys growing up in the thriving middle-class section of South Jamaica, Queens. Directed by: Peter J. Scalettar Nas Dudes who stood strong and held their mouth were given more responsibility. He was coming to our co-defendant strategy meetings with all the lawyers. Before he became the rap superstar fans know and love today, 50 Cent had a near-fatal attempt on his life. He had money, tons of women, power and got mad respect. In the streets they called Prince the general. While Suarez and Perlaza were suffocating, Hale beat their heads with a baseball bat. Be willing to handle this jail shit just like you handle that street shit, gangsta.. We were walking to the store one day and this god Bishme told us about Prince coming home. Word broke out that 50 Cent was a snitch, and shortly thereafter he was shot nine times at close range in a botched assassination attempt which all but nearly claimed his life. They are an extremely volatile group, said Queens DA John J Santucci at the time. Prince became somewhat of a father figure to me. Teddy and Tuck were the youngsters of the team who rose up through the ranks from workers, according to court documents, to Lieutenants who ran spots. Real men and real friends stand together no matter what!!! You are just moments away from being part of this incredible Music Resource and Community. They would be jumping out of mini-vans like a taskforce. A Queens native sums up the whole era and what it was all about, Drug dealing, killing, more drug dealing, more killing, cops getting murdered, parole officers getting murdered for violating niggas, crooked police getting paid off, police issuing beatdowns, families getting murdered because other family members are testifying in court, you know, basic hood shit. Prompted by the February 26, 1988, murder of Officer Edward Byrne the Tactical Narcotics Team or TNT was formed. Using testimony from a hitman, text messages, and alleged video evidence of the victim's last few moments alive, prosecutors made the case that McGriff had hired killers for $50,000. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Thanks for contacting us. Your email address will not be published. The jury found that these murders, alleged as RICO predicate acts, were not proven beyond a reasonable doubt. Gerald Prince Miller was indicted on federal drug charges in 1992 and is currently incarcerated. They were like neighborhood superheroes, says LL, who is seen in a clip at Millers birthday party in 1985. Thats the illest shit I ever seen. As soon as he was released from Elmira in 1987, he landed right back in prison for engaging in a Continuing Criminal Enterprise. I knew that if you were my customer that on your payday you were gonna give me all your money, Tuck says and the crackheads were crazy too. As the head of the organization, McGriff received the blame for the new, and much more violent, business dealings. Register a FREE account today and join over 50,000 music enthusiasts, who actively participate in this community on a regular basis. With a chain of command and everything. WebAn in-depth look at the Queens, New York gang, and the real story from the mouths of its two leaders and family members, Kenneth "Supreme" McGriff and Gerald "Prince" Miller. Stars LL Cool J Nas Gerald 'Prince' Miller See production, box office & company info Watch on SHOWTIME REGISTER NOW! And when they were on a mission shit got crazy. Under the leadership of Kenneth "Supreme" McGriff, with Miller, his nephew, as second-in-command, the gang concentrated its criminal efforts on the widespread distribution of crack cocaine. The gang brought in as much as $250,000 a week selling crack, prosecutors said. But dont get it fucked up, son was as thorough as they come, Bonifide, you heard. hip hop Southside Supreme Supreme Team Alain Clerine 183 posts 0 comments "Even if It ain't sunny, hey, I ain't complaining. Arroyo learned Rivera's whereabouts from Rivera's girlfriend, Toni McGee (also a Supreme Team member) by threatening to kill her. ", See the article in its original context from. In exchange, Gotti and his friends began creating the financial backing needed to make McGriff's Hollywood vision a reality. In 2005, when the rapper released a biopic about his life entitled Get Rich or Die Tryin', he created a character named Majestic, who seemed to be based on McGriff. But there is another story to be told, one that centers around Supremes nephew Prince who is doing 7 life sentences in the feds. The reorganized gang under Miller included Arroyo as the second-in-command, Hunt as Miller's bodyguard, Ernesto Piniella as head of security, and Hale, Jimenez, and Julio Hernandez as security workers. In the new Showtime docuseries Supreme Team which traces the rise and fall of the titular gang Mayor Eric Adams reflects on the street entrepreneurship that led the notorious crew to run the streets of Queens during the crack era. WebWatch Supreme Team Streaming Online | Hulu (Free Trial) 1 season available (3 episodes) The real story of the notorious Queens, NY crime syndicate known as the Supreme Team, as told by its two leaders, Kenneth "Supreme" McGriff and Gerald "Prince" Miller. But in telling the story of the gang that was highly influential on hip-hop style and culture, even loosely inspiring the 1991 hit film New Jack City, co-director Peter J. Scalettar says that Adams brought so many angles to the project. In 1987, the Supreme Team was allied with another drug gang, led by Lorenzo "Fat Cat" Nichols, who supplied the Supreme Team with powder cocaine. I would never in a million years do what Ive done all over again. In 1987, Ina McGriff also gave Piniella copies of Parole Division documents indicating that Supreme Team member James Page was cooperating with authorities. The state said we can do nothing with em. The Queens District Attorneys office said Miller ordered the killings from jail and that he operated his drug empire by using telephone code words to direct his underlings. Occasionally the digitization process introduces transcription errors or other problems; we are continuing to work to improve these archived versions. Rivera was shot in the head in a Baisley Park courtyard, but he survived and hid from the gang, temporarily. At the trial Ina McGriff testified that Fat Cat asked her through Miller to obtain info on the Bolden brothers to facilitate the murder and from the witness protection program which Fat Cat entered when he turned state, Fat Cat corroborated this. Puerto Rican Righteous agreed to testify against Prince in exchange for a promise of a sentence of 8 to 16 years for trying to kill three police officers. Workers would be chanting to the crackheads, No singles, no shorts. Meaning no one dollar bills and dont come short with the paper trying to cop. Biography and associated logos are trademarks of A+E Networksprotected in the US and other countries around the globe. Following that raid and his own arrest by federal agents, McGriff ordered that the gang's operations be shut down. During 1987 alone, Miller and the then-incarcerated McGriff ordered at least eight homicides. And while both McGriff and Miller who are interviewed over the phone from federal prison in the docuseries are still serving their life sentences, Adams believes that his own journey should inspire others doing time. . There was no free styling. The Supreme Team wasnt playing. Federal authorities said the gang earned as much as $500,000 a week, most of which they squandered on drugs and fancy cars. Fernando Suarez and Pablo Perlaza were also Colombian suppliers to the Supreme Team. Although facing the death penalty for this conviction, he was ultimately sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole. Required fields are marked *. Ina McGriff was responsible for supervising the parole of Supreme Team security chief Ernesto Piniella but had become romantically involved with him; Younger had become romantically involved with Miller. Connect with the definitive source for global and local news. After the slaying of two more men who were working with Supreme, police gathered enough evidence to imprison McGriff in 2002, pending murder changes. The Supreme Team was an organized crime syndicate that operated throughout the 1980s in New York City. The working class neighborhoods of South Jamaica, St Albans and Hollis Tuck grew up in lie in the 103rd and 113th precinct, which are a 4.8 sq mile perfect box encompassing Van Wyck Expressway to the west, Hillside Ave to the north, Francis Lewis Boulevard to the east and a jagged line that runs along the 110th Ave to the south. Its a famous supermarket. But he stood up like the old school cat he was. Tales from late 80s Queens claim the army fatigue look was a Supreme Team signature. But the two most infamous cats out of Jamaica were Supreme and Prince. The security team had a fearsome and well deserved reputation in the hood and they dressed accordingly.