Those would be the minimum values youd need to specify. Force Desktop View with WordPress Website on Mobile Devices ccastilla37 (@ccastilla37) 4 years, 4 months ago Hello all, I am totally new with WordPress and not knowledgeable with CSS or editing a theme on Editor. vegan) just to try it, does this inconvenience the caterers and staff? When I disable the mobile theme in the mobile tab, very little changes and it does not look like the desktop version. You need to create an account on WPTouch Pro using your email address and download the premium plugin. Remove blank space below the header in a specific theme, Fix! I found out accidentally that when you setup domain forwarding (and use masking) in GoDaddy, it will always show the desktop version of the site when you visit the domain on a phone. so how to make this auto, i have done everything but i get struck in the last step i.e adding in the cusyom function it showing like these when i update Hello, Thank you for all the information you are sharing on here i am able to follow your guides step by step to be able to come up with my blog my question is how would i be able to fix the problem of my widgets ( home,about, contact us) not displaying when my website is pulled on a mobile device but on a computer everything is looking good. Display normal logo if retina isnt uploaded and vice versa, Fix! When Enable Cache is turned ON, the pages of your site will be cached. WP Mobile Menu. I have only one more question. Trying to understand how to get this basic Fourier Series. Use the menus icons has buttons (option to choose open a menu or a link), New! jQuery(meta[name=viewport]).attr(content, width= + desktopBreakpoint ); Thank You very much for helping us, I am having a problem also with desktop versus mobile view. Force desktop site on mobile wordpress jobs - Freelancer Ways To Optimize WordPress Website For Displaying On Mobile And Tablet Well, i would suggest, please check it this theme responsive, if yes, make it static. The best thing about it is the support team, they were easy to reach and always responded promptly to my queries. However, clicking on the link does not change the content width in the viewport section. 2. Icon Font Performance enhancement, Improved! Acidity of alcohols and basicity of amines. Could you maybe have a quick look? Thanks, To request desktop version of a Web site in Chrome for Android, follow the instructions at https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-request-desktop-version-of-a-web-site-in-chrome-for-android/. Menu Image: Easily add an image or icon in a menu item. Force Desktop View with Wordpress Website on Mobile Devices - YouTube Get help with WordPress.com, the free blogging platform, and the WordPress.com apps. We only recommend products we work with or love. Click in the page to close the menus, New! WPBeginner - WordPress Tutorials for Beginners, WPBeginnerBlogBeginners GuideHow to View the Mobile Version of WordPress Sites from Desktop. Mutually exclusive execution using std::atomic? WP Mobile Menu The Mobile-Friendly Responsive Menu is open source software. can you help me? Here's how: Step 1: In the address bar of the Android browser, type, " about:debug ". Get FREE access to our toolkit a collection of WordPress related products and resources that every professional should have! The cost (simple, predictable monthly pricing models) and time to go live (2-3 weeks) is far better than you could hope for by hiring a team of developers to build your app from scratch. Select the them you want to use when site is viewed on a mobile phone. You would want to check your site to see if you have a plugin that would be enabling that mobile view as that should not be default WordPress behavior. no, this is how the embedded jitsi meet client works. * functions (those wrapped in a function_exists() call) by defining them first * Load the parent style.css file Where can I find the JQuery in mycustomfunction? function oceanwp_child_enqueue_parent_style() { How to force Wordpress to use mobile view on desktop - Quora Also note I'm on mobile. The next major WordPress release, version 4.4, will include this in core. 7 Best Mobile Optimization WordPress Plugins - CreativeMinds Fix issue that was opening all the submenus, Fix! Centralize the animation timming, Fix! Center a column using Twitter Bootstrap 3. Replies to my comments Every browser will handle these errors differently, so leaving it up to the browser to decide the result, you won't see the same results in every browser (located above body closing tag in HTML). rev2023.3.3.43278. Then, you can clear the cache (WP cache and browser cache) and refresh the page. hi bro, very interesting article, but how do i use it to force some pages but not all pages into desktop view on mobile devices without allow mobile view at those pages thanks, Hi! Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience. But it gets better. jQuery(meta[name=viewport]).attr(content, width= + desktopBreakpoint ); The main goal of this site is to provide quality tips, tricks, hacks, and other WordPress resources that allows WordPress beginners to improve their site(s). 2nd and 3rd level menu color options, New! Try to use maybe Sublime, VS Code, or Atom as they have "problem" notifiers that may help you catch these mistakes when learning. It remains at device-width. Parent Link open submenu(2nd Level), New! Here is my full code: The plugin comes with several mobile app themes that can be purchased individually or all together as a bundle. This means if you click on some of our links, then we may earn a commission. here is the site uhappyevents.com no error but not displaying desktop version, function myCustomFunction() Browse other questions tagged, Where developers & technologists share private knowledge with coworkers, Reach developers & technologists worldwide. Google Fonts in the menu items, New! Youll notice the preview of your website will shrink to the mobile screen size. I made a page with these codes: And I want to force desktop version even on mobile, like even when I open that page with mobile, the same page must show up with no change in resolution and other stuff. Ive tried many options seen online with no success. How can i force it to either desktop or mobile. I have tried some plugins (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-mobile-pack/, http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/mobile-smart/, etc.) Is there an error? Hummingbird. Try removing the CSS for mobileSpecific. This is how the coding on it looks (see below). View an image's attachment details, then click the Edit Image button. Apart from the stated objectives, the understood requirements are building an SEO friendly, speedy, and responsive site. In this situation, you would have to explicitly load the CSS for the desktop version. It doesnt matter? Click Apply Filters: * When using a child theme (see http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Development Please see our documentation. 3 new filters to replace the logo image, current menu and menu URL, Fix! Click on it, and head on to create a new menu. Always look for closing tags. } Add new hooks to the top of the left and right menu panel, New! Previewing the mobile layout helps you see how your website looks on mobile devices. The difference between the phonemes /p/ and /b/ in Japanese, Surly Straggler vs. other types of steel frames. Thanks. A great way to create mobile-specific popups and lead-generation forms is with OptinMonster. // Load the stylesheet Click the "Preview" button that's next to the "Publish" or "Update" button. Error in the woocommerce page regarding the images sizes due to agressive Woocommerce css rule. By clicking Accept all cookies, you agree Stack Exchange can store cookies on your device and disclose information in accordance with our Cookie Policy. with no success. }, I already removed them. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. // prevent default link action A WordPress mobile plugin is a WordPress plugin that makes elements of your website display correctly on mobile devices. You can check how your site would look on different types of smartphones. Log in to your WordPress dashboard and go to Appearance > Customize. e.preventDefault(); // set viewport content width Next on our list of WordPress mobile plugins, FooGallery is a gallery solution that offers some great features for responsive websites. Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow! . i have full lenght table. My code is GPL licensed, can I issue a license to have my code be distributed in a specific MIT licensed project? Max Mega Menu. Hi Shabnam, 1 month (approx.) WP Mobile Menu is the best WordPress responsive mobile menu. Thanks for sharing about a desktop version. MobiLoud's WordPress plugin allows you to manage everything from the WordPress backend. Massive reduction of the file size of the icon fonts, Improvment! Scale or crop the image as needed using the corresponding options on the right. Adding more acessibility practices in the menus, Fix! Note, that we have used 980 as the desktop breakpoint. Option to change open submenu icon, New! It's free to sign up and bid on jobs. theres a much easier way to do this just by clicking the inspect tool and enable mobile mode ( button on the yop left with a phone icon ). 7. Sorted css conflict with fixed elements with the mob menu, New! Fix! Managed by Awesome Motive | WordPress hosting by SiteGround | WordPress Security by Sucuri. I have to click View Full Site at the bottom to display the responsive theme. And now a days most of the themes are responsive, they automatically adjust to mobile browser, even wordpress default theme twenty eleven and twelve are responsive. $src should be the path to your file (relative path). I am using OceanWP theme (reason why I am posting this question here) with Elementor Pro to do the website. Support Plugin: BuddyMeet Is there a Setting to Force the Desktop View on a Mobile Device? rev2023.3.3.43278. Improve UX Settings in admin area making it easier, Fix! Force Desktop View with WordPress Website on Mobile Devices In this video I go over how to easily make your Wordpress Website force that it gets viewed only in the desktop view instead of the mobile view on mobile dev. Why Should You Make Your WordPress Site Mobile-Friendly? Remove background gradient from free demo content, Fix! Many premium themes and plugins let you create elements that display differently on desktop versus mobile. Need an Mobile Menu plugin that keep your mobile visitors engaged? Proof of concept new Elementor widget for the Let Menu button, New! Avoid undefined index when acessing to an array position, Fix! With WordPress for iOS, you have the power to publish in the palm of your hand. wordpress force desktop websiteblogspot desktop modeweebly web page google sitefree websitehow to@gsrathore97 #gsrathore97 How to match a specific column position till the end of line? $theme = wp_get_theme( OceanWP ); rev2023.3.3.43278. Clear cache and check the site or try a different browser. Browse other questions tagged, Where developers & technologists share private knowledge with coworkers, Reach developers & technologists worldwide, I tried the answers on the link above but they didn't work. We will be launching our site soon and you have just made my responsive site building job easier. Reduce Network Latency. You can get WP Mobile Menu Premium here! Oh wow. With this method, you can create a slider hamburger menu on mobiles. Include plugin version in the bottom of the admin options, Fix! This theme is also recommended by Google and the theme also passes the Google Mobile test, which ensures that the SEO ranking for the . The Ultimate Guide, Online Course Marketplaces and Their Business Models: Everything You Should Know. Remove the bracket } from the bottom (below the add_filter). You can grab a copy of the WordPress desktop app here. [Updated] Facebook Tip: Changing From Mobile To Desktop View On Your wit the new code, the link disappears. you can take a test on your mobile 2. 11 Best WordPress Mobile Plugins for Mobile Friendly Websites - SeedProd After the final editing and plugin settings for the website, I would like to know if there is a way to force desktop view on mobile. Like @jonharari, I am very keen to be able to enable mobile users to connect directly in the browser. Automatic force desktop mode view in mobile browser of - YouTube Much appreciated, I wish we had more people like you in Stackoverflow. Any comments to improve this answer are welcome rather than blind downvotes. I'm new to Divi after dabbling with elementor and WordPress for a while but never really committed to building a website. Staging Ground Beta 1 Recap, and Reviewers needed for Beta 2. I assume it is also not run Draft a spontaneous haiku from the couch. A place where magic is studied and practiced? I found out accidentally that when you setup domain forwarding (and use masking) in GoDaddy, it will always show the desktop version of the site when you visit the domain on a phone. And for a responsive website, this tag would be placed in the header as follows: Here, width, set to device width, shapes the view of the website according to the device. Simply log in to your WordPress dashboard and go to the Appearance Customize screen. @hotawardhiphop Did you add the code I mentioned above to disable the meta viewport? You would want to reach out to your themes support to ensure this isnt a choice based on the themes styling. im trying to follow your code but its not working on my side. Use the Arrow Keys Background image in the menu panels, New! In this article, were going to cover two different methods of testing how your site looks on mobile using desktop browsers. SO - bootstrap-3-desktop-view-on-a-mobile-device Fix security issue in code from TitanFramework, Fix! Zakra. Varnish By default, Varnish stores and serves the same cache for both desktop and mobile. How Much Does It Really Cost to Build a WordPress Website? So I cleared the cache with W3 Total Cache and put the code in the OceanWP child theme and still do not work. What is the point of Thrower's Bandolier? How to Preview WordPress Sites on Mobile Devices - WPKube Fix! Since Truly Minimal is a responsive design, the view for a phone or tablet is going to be slightly different from what someone on a laptop or desktop computer will see. You should understand all screens have varying sizes and dimensions and you must design around this, no exceptions. This is EXACTLY what Im looking for and this seems to be the only article I can find online that is fairly straightforward. both Safari and Chrome for iOS include the optional setting to request the desktop version of the Facebook.com site. New Menu padding( for Left and Right Menu ). Improved! Log into your WordPress website Select Plugins and Add New from the side menu Search for 'optimole' using the search box at the top right Select Install and Activate when the options appear You will be prompted to sign up for an API key, which you'll need to do to be able to use it. Any idea why that could be? Code refactoring for better organization, Fix! Please note GitHub is not a support forum, and issues that arent properly qualified as bugs will be closed. UX improvments on the settings page, New! Force shiny app to display desktop view on mobile devices, Bootstrap 3 desktop view on a mobile device, How to force desktop view on a specific wordpress page. You can send us an email using the contact form available on the following link. Fix Color Picker admin field compatibility with WP 5.5, Improvment! The thing is I do not want it to be mobile optimized. Some solutions allow you to create an entire mobile website, while others adapt your site features, so they're easier for mobile users to see. How to View the Mobile Version of Your WordPress Website However, the content=width section in the viewport tag still does not change to 980. 13. I really want to make this work. How To optimize images for speeding up a WordPress Website - Astra Is the child theme active? Remove the loop to find CSS fields and go directly to the custom CSS option, Improvment! Logo top margin wasnt working, Fix! So, simply setup a sub-domain and forward it to your website (using masking). if(jQuery(viewDesktopLink, viewDesktopLink1).text() == ) Fix One page navigation and smooth scroll, Fix! Any idea why this could be? IOS issue when clicking outside the menu papel to close the panel, Fix! WP Mobile Menu has three premium versions with more menu options for your professional, business, and enterprise needs. }); Choose from vertical push, sliding, static navigation, icon toolbar, or fullscreen menus to create a user experience your visitors will love. What Is the Difference Between 'Man' And 'Son of Man' in Num 23:19? else Is it possible to rotate a window 90 degrees if it has the same length and width? Clear those caches. Calculating probabilities from d6 dice pool (Degenesis rules for botches and triggers). Force Desktop View with Wordpress Website on Mobile Devices There is no way to force otherwise. How to create a mobile version of a WordPress website - Hosting How to Make a WordPress Website Mobile-Friendly in 2022 - IsItWP WPtouch Plugin. Connect and share knowledge within a single location that is structured and easy to search. Fix Menu settings and widgetized areas in translated websites, Fix! Pay With Stripe: Sell your products on your WordPress website without any other complex e-commerce plugin. Identify those arcade games from a 1983 Brazilian music video. The page still varies in width between devices, so I can't center anything. it is fully working now. Yes sir. What Is the Difference Between 'Man' And 'Son of Man' in Num 23:19? I didn't want to spend any time to fix that so I was just looking for a solution to force the same view on mobile (I don't care if that's gonna be zoomed out or even un-zoom-able). Last updated on December 13th, 2022 by Editorial Staff | Reader DisclosureDisclosure: Our content is reader-supported. I'm using a block theme but I don't know why that would make a difference. By clicking Post Your Answer, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. Click Add New : 3. This means if you go on to purchase a product using such a link, we receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). Browse other questions tagged, Where developers & technologists share private knowledge with coworkers, Reach developers & technologists worldwide, My Requirement is to Have Responsive page with link at bottom "Desktop Page View".. Clicking that link, my page content should display like Desktop page. Has 90% of ice around Antarctica disappeared in less than a decade? This helps us support the blog and produce free content. It does this using the srcset HTML attribute. Header Logo/Text alignment/spacing, New! So, its important that along with the viewport information, you should have media queries in your CSS. By clicking Accept all cookies, you agree Stack Exchange can store cookies on your device and disclose information in accordance with our Cookie Policy. Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow! It seems to be jQuery selector issue. Feel free to suggest any additional edits you feel would be beneficial to OP. 4. Thnaks a lot for your support and the whole code. Topic: Forcing desktop version on mobile devices with Truly Minimal To manually crop an image, go to Media > Library and click on the image you want to crop. Looked great in the browser's mobile device emulator but didn't show up at all on my phone. * file is included before the parent themes file, so the child theme please make a video tutorial describing this full process and show where and how put those code. Warning message when no menu is selected, Fix! Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers. Mobile Smart is a powerful WordPress plugin that allows web developers to set up a truly smart mobile-optimized browsing experience for their viewership. To force the display of the elements to a desktop view or mobile view, we have to force the width, to say 480 for mobile view, and the media queries will actually display the content for the mobile view. To answer your question more directly, it's difficult. Gap on the right side when using the Slideout Push Content, New! So, using the same steps, Safari and Chrome users on the iPad or iPhone can use this link to switch to the desktop site. New! However, the AppPresser plugin takes a completely different approach by making real apps that link to your WordPress site. Since i am running in a wordpress multi site a dont have access in function.php to put this code. Ive been working a website and I have it pretty much done however I the desktop view to be the same on mobile devices. Please keep in mind that all comments are moderated according to our comment policy, and your email address will NOT be published. AppPresser. Hope that helped you. How to show desktop version on mobile screens, in Bootstrap 3? This will immediately adjust the size of the . But no need to worry - the same goes for the Windows and Linux versions. (Comparison), 5 Best WordPress Membership Plugins (Compared), 7 Best WordPress Backup Plugins Compared (Pros and Cons), 5 Best WordPress Ecommerce Plugins Compared, 9 Best Live Chat Software for Small Business Compared, The Truth About Shared WordPress Web Hosting. This particular article has been inspired by a use case in a clients theme development project. Stop scrolling when the menu panels are open, Fix! Is it possible to create a concave light? Fix fonts issues that werent being applied, Fix! Go to appearance > themes and check oceanwp child theme is active or not? * functions would be used. (Comparison Chart), How to Properly Move WordPress from HTTP to HTTPS (Beginners Guide), How to Code a Website (Complete Beginners Guide). Topic: Desktop view on mobile | WordPress.com Forums Im guessing when you switch to a different page, the viewport information might be getting overridden, and the mobile view is displayed. How to force desktop view on mobile devices - Bootstrap? Auto close open sub menus when expandin a new sub menu, New! e.preventDefault(); // set viewport content width See how WPBeginner is funded, why it matters, and how you can support us. Do you want to preview the mobile version of your WordPress site? WPtouch Mobile plugin is a free plugin but also has a 'Pro' (Paid) version, which is equally popular. Even when your site is live, its often easier to view the mobile version on a desktop computer, so you can quickly make changes and see their effect. Let's first take a look at how the mobile preview in the Post and Page editor works. My friend, you're about to fall in love with a thing called Flexbox. Decode the URL Hash so it can be handled by Javascript. Logo is now translated with WPML to use different mobile header logos per language, New! The nature of simulating nature: A Q&A with IBM Quantum researcher Dr. Jamie We've added a "Necessary cookies only" option to the cookie consent popup. // prevent default link action Hope this helps you as much as it helped me . Improvment! The site is online now. Add Alt Text to menu icon buttons for more acessibility, Improved! So my answer is that you're looking for a way to get out of designing for responsiveness, and you can't. /style.css, array( oceanwp-style ), $version ); } Styling contours by colour and by line thickness in QGIS. Click in the Overlay wasnt working, Fix! :), How Intuit democratizes AI development across teams through reusability. * Text Domain: oceanwp Would you like to support the advancement of this plugin? Are there tables of wastage rates for different fruit and veg? Clear those caches. When you add the following to the functions.php file: var desktopBreakpoint = 980; First of all, we need to add a link in the site, Show Desktop Version, which will be visible on a mobile device. The ability to navigate files in the "Explorer" is limited. add_filter( ocean_meta_viewport, no_meta_viewport ); function remove_media_queries() { I looked at all the other similar questions and couldn't find an answer. Bonus: Check out our pick of the best business phone services, so you can add a click to call button for mobile users. Thank you Guys. GOOVERON.COM Hi Rohan, Fix menu panel positions when showing the admin bar, Fix! Revert the HTML of the Mobile Menu to the wp_footer hook instead wp_open_body because there are still many themes not following the guidelines, Fix!