The Beretta 92FS has been setting the standards for best military, police and tactical pistol for over a quarter century. I've always wanted an M9 or 92FS for the same reason you mentioned. The 92FS is traditionally chambered in 9mm Luger, although .40S&W, 9x21mm IMI, and 7.65mm Luger are also available (Models 96, 98, and 99 respectively). He did, however, manage to hit a milk jug at approximately 70 yards, and the projectile still had some bite to it at that range. As the finish did a year ago. I am a fan of the M9. Sign up with your email to be notified when this product is back in stock! Eats anything. Products that are out of stock are offloaded, till they are available in stock again. Many new 92 shooters complain that the gun shoots low & the sights are off when they dont realize this, ESPECIALLY if they dont have long-slender fingers. Was it even demonstrably superior to the SIG P226? I agree the reports that I find, although some of which conflict each other, suggest that the P226 was the better option. But those Soldiers with short thumbs do have an advantage with the M9 specifically with the slide release. The weight, which tips the scales at 34.4oz unloaded, may be a bit heavy for some to carry all day. It features Beretta's classic DA/SA trigger mechanism that has proven itself both reliable and easy to use. There are other weak parts in the frame that can and do break. For a cool bit of firearms history, this design comes almost straight off of the Walther P38 of WWII fame. The demand of used BERETTA 92FS INOX pistol's has fallen 7 units over the past 12 months. Beretta 92FS INOX 9mm Centerfire Pistol Made in USA, Beretta 92FS Type M9A1 9mm Centerfire Pistol with Rail, Beretta 92 FS 9mm 15 Round Magazine Made in Italy, Beretta 92FS Compact 9mm Brunition Centerfire with Rail, Beretta 92FS Brigadier 9mm Centerfire Pistol with Black Finish, Beretta 92FS Brigadier Inox 9mm Centerfire Pistol, Beretta 92FS 9mm 15-Round Factory Magazine, Beretta 92FS Centennial 9mm Limited Edition Pistol, Beretta 92 Compact 9mm Luger Centerfire Pistol, Beretta 92FS Inox DA/SA 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol (Made in Italy), Beretta 92FS Brigadier Inox 9mm (Made in Italy). Join the YOU MUST HAVE BEEN AIR FORCE SECURITY POLICE? Beretta 92FS Type M9A1 9mm Pistol - ArmsUnlimited.com Type your new password and hit button below to confirm it. Pinecarpenter you glockaholic. I can agree with this review in that it is accurate after considerable use and abuse. Compare the dimensions and specs of Beretta M9A1 and Smith & Wesson M&P 9 Shield Plus. Beretta 92 4.25" Compact, Beretta 92 4.6" Full Size, Beretta 92 4.9" Full Size. I agree with James that a safety it's a training issue. Beretta M9A1-22 .22 Lr Pistol With 10 Round Beretta M9A1-22 .22 Lr Pistol, Black - J90A1M9Af19, Beretta M9A1 22 .22Lr 10 Rounds. These grips are quick and easy to install and is a non-permanent solution. The 92FS is a very good at it's price point. And they specified modularity adjustable for various sized hands and ease of field maintenance. Ive fed this pistol everything I could find never had an FTF or FTE. Sure, Firm Grip: The front and backstraps of the frame are checkered to ensure a firm grip in both wet or dry shooting conditions. Please enable Javascript and refresh the page for a safe, secure, and complete shopping experience at Midwest Gun Works. Furthermore, the M9 utilizes a fixed barrel design, in contrast to the tilting barrel like we see on most pistols today. Now I am adding a Wilson rear combat sight, and I changed the trigger spring all the way down to a Wilson Combat 12 pound spring. anything extra and your Checkered grips like that are my favorites, I hate the sand paper feel of the current popular stuff like the Taurus G3, M&P, VP9, Gen 4 Glocks, etc. The storied gunmakers getting ready to celebrate its twenty-fifthAnniversary as the U.S. Armed Forces supplier of the M9 Combat Pistol. 3,000 rounds throug it. just bought the gunlove itfollowed up by getting a cx4 stormmy question is about the guide rod..I keep running into not for 92 a1.can you give me an idea where to find one? I bought my 92FS as my first pistol after moving up from black powder pistols and revolvers. * Which is code speak meaning that the US Army at least is after something that will offer a significant leap ahead in terminal ballistic performance. Military Surplus UTM, New 4 Pack Beretta Grip Screws for 92F 92FS M9 SB 96 Elite M9A1 80 Nickel Plated, Beretta 92FS 96 M9A Die Hard Bruce Willis Custom Grips with Medallions - NEW, BERETTA OEM FACTORY RUBBER PISTOL GUN GRIPS 92F 92FS M9 NEW ($49 RETAIL PRICE), Stainless Steel Recoil Guide Rod for Beretta INOX 92 96 M9 FS Taurus Full Size, New Beretta 92 92fs M9 96 nickel slide release, Taurus PT99 AF Slide Assembly 9mm, PT 99 Slide with Extractor, Firing Pin, Etc, Beretta 92fs gun grips pistol cachas 24k gold Plated best handmade engraved work, Beretta 92FS 9mm, Pistol Parts, Recoil Spring, Scorpion alacran Beretta 92fs mexican style cachas grips custom black and gold, Beretta 92fs premium custom engraved Gun pistol grips cachas black & gold plated, Beretta 92/96 Metal Grips Beretta 92F, 92FS, M9, 96 Models MEDUSA Gold Black, Beretta 92fs 9mm premium el centenario mexican gungrips cachas handmade 24k gold, Beretta 92FS Grips - Blank Polished Aluminum (PERFECT FOR LASER ENGRAVING), Stainless Steel Recoil Guide Rod for Beretta 92 92FS 96 96FS M9 INOX, Beretta 92 92FS 96 custom engraved wood grips gold silver Trident Scroll Black, The punisher beretta 92fs premium mexican grips 24k gold Plated custom engraved, BERETTA GHOST RUBBER PISTOL FINGER GROVE GRIPS 92F 92FS 92G&D CENTURIAN 96D GREY, Leave feedback about your eBay search experience - opens in new window or tab. I carried one that was likely older than I was when I was in the service, and it functioned flawlessly. I have big hands, but as someone who taught Marines how to shoot a handgun, Ive seen new shooters of all sizes use the Beretta without issue. The owner of this pistol changed the factory plastic guide rod to an OEM steel unit. The finished pistols are flat-black and have little glare something Im sure is welcome by soldiers in combat. Question about enhancing the Beretta- The Beretta got a bad rap, as mentioned the 3 slide breaks started this off. and that smaller-statured soldiers [ie, women] would find it easier to grip than a 1911 [with that huge fat M9 grip?]. Used. Beretta NANO Barrel 9mm. SAAMI spec 9x19mm is, for example, so underloaded that a P08 Luger or a 9mm C96 Mauser loaded with it usually wont cycle, unless the recoil spring is beaten all to hell. Its time to rethink what you can truly carry concealed and then do it. Id like to reply to Mr. Carpenter and anyone else out there that might be hazarding a guess as to what the next US Military sidearm will be. Lol hot rod version, but the money was worth the hours me and him have spent pulling it apart and learning and the long hours to come of rebuilding it. The first time I ever taught structured firearms instruction was for the Marine Corps, and when it came to handguns, Im glad it was the M9. True drop-in barrel with finished chambers and does not require any gunsmithing. You also get better control due to the softer recoil. Or buy a 92G and be done with it. Mec-Gar Beretta 92FS/M9 Extended Magazine 9mm Luger 20 Rounds Steel Black MGPB92 Mec-Gar Beretta 92FS/M9 Extended Magazine 9mm Luge Beretta 92FS/M9 Magazine 9mm Luger 17 Rounds Polymer Base Plate Steel Body PVD F Beretta 92FS/M9 Magazine 9mm Luger 17 Rounds Polym Galco Underwraps Elite Belly Band Ambi Holster Medium. The coating is proprietary, but is likely a nitride of some sort. beretta 92fs for sale on GunsAmerica. Buy a beretta 92fs onl . The ammo switch was a call to save $ and, more importantly, facilitate ammo swaps with both ally units and enemy combatants. The TLR 1 is one of the few lights Id trust for duty use, and its a proven performer. Its function has been perfect. Get a GLOCK. The 92s extension past the slide screams to be threaded, and with this barrel from Gemtech, it will be. Also the 4.630 had its butt kicked in every measurable way by the 5.728, which is a much more common round in NATO countries. I never had to do that with the M9. A 6.5 rifle bullet will drop less than one inch. True drop-in barrel with finished chambers and does not require any gunsmithing. I havent had a need to test any other hollowpoints, because it was my first choice. Gun Review: Beretta 92A1 9mm Pistol (Civilian M9A1) While traditional blueing or Parkerizing is a surface-modification, Bruniton is a coating. When I shot it, while on active duty, I thought it was the most accurate pistol I had ever shot. The numerous models can be confusing, and while the gun has its flaws, its still an excellent weapon. SilencerCo: Beretta 92FS/M9 Threaded Barrel Would I carry it everyday? So I find this article about the Beretta 92FS and true to Hickok45 what do I find? Thats what we are going to talk about today. The Beretta 92FS is a big gun, and when it came out, it indeed held lots and lots of bullets. This feature, combined with the added weight, makes the Beretta M9 a very . If I had to describe it in three words, they would be; Sexy, Mythic, Reliable. The Beretta 92FS has a single front and 2 dot rear. I think the US Army is after the H&K MP7, *BUT* with upgrades to its ammo that will copy the technology of the M855A1 round. It was obvious that the powder was either old or had experienced some extreme temperature variations (probably both). Now Im $600 poorer. Magazine capacities range widely; our tester holds 17+1. Taurus is using Berettas First Series tooling which was left over in Brazil from the Brazilian Military/Police handgun contract which lasted for many years. The Vertec grip shape cures your complaint about the 92's need for large hands. Note: It is recommended that all Beretta parts be installed by a qualified and trained gunsmith. Parts listed here are specific to Beretta M9, M9A1 or M9A3 9mm pistol models unless otherwise noted. If youre going to use this pistol as your CCW, find a nice, sturdy holster. The breakdown lever returns back to its locked position automatically, so there is no need to rotate the lever again. How do you put tritium night sights on a 92FS/M9 family of handgun? Beretta 92FS/M9/96 Locking Block Kit OEM Replaceme Mec-Gar Beretta 92 FS Magazine 9mm Luger 15 Rounds Steel Blued MGPB9215B. I was in the marines and during a tour in Afghanistan I saw the m9 used shockingly quite a bit. The official statement was that Beretta provided a pistol package cheaper than the SIG pistol package (although the actual pistol was cheaper). If you wanna go big and lets be real you do, the extended magazine from Beretta gives you 30 rounds of 9mm. Right answer. Did I mention ACCURATE? Problem is, the powers that be wont let our non-SpecWar units deploy this type ammo (they dont want to hurt anyone). . The Beretta 92FS is a great gun and a keeper. The M9A1 and M9A3 systems were massive improvements over the original, and the presence of a rail for a light is nearly mandatory for modern guns. Please dont interpret this as a swipe at the M9, incidentally. Barrel Length. Pre-Owned. Well the 92D is a centurian model which means the frame and barrel and Little under a inch shorter than a full size. It guarantees that youll never have any guide rod failures. We already have an account registered for email address If you like the 92 series check out the px4 storm. If new owners prefer, tritium night sights arent a bad idea. As for the problems the Beretta 92 displayed during US military trials and just after its adoption, its long seemed to me that these fell into the category of metallurgical problems (embrittled slides caused by alloy contaminated with zirconium; note that Taurus PT92 slides, made to the same basic design, have never been known to fracture in that manner) and design problems (sharp angles and sharply machined edges on the first versions of the locking block constituted textbook-perfect stress risers and its a marvel they dont fracture any more than they do). And its just a 9mm. Keep your pistol in top operational condition with factory original Beretta parts. Gemtech Beretta 92FS/M9 Threaded 9mm Barrel, 1/2-28 Threads. The 92FS is the most popular model, and its what the military adopted as the M9 in 1985. Frame Finish. The Beretta M9 and 92FS are known for their inherent accuracy. Copyright 1995-2023 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. In the beautiful state of California, however, it only comes with two 10 round magazines. Barrel sizing of 9mm and 4.9" length. It's the 1911 of 9mms. Just purchased the 92A1. Safariland is one of my favorite companies and is one of the most trusted in the industry. This pistol feels like it is going to last forever. However, the increased heft makes the recoil next to nothing, especially for those accustomed to shooting polymer-framed guns. I have a 92fs. I love the M9. Its so easy to forget to put on fire in an emergancy! Beretta. It loses a whole point for the safety/decocker placement. In fact, a lot of design elements of the P38 can be found in Beretta pistols and the 92 series in particular. Great guns. Thats pretty possible with the Beretta and some practice. Maybe one day. ProMag Beretta 92FS 32 Round Magazine 9mm Blued Fi Galco Underwraps Elite Belly Band Ambi Holster Small. Yes, it is reliable. I've not experienced a jam, stove pipe or any failures due to the weapon itself in either my service weapon or personal. You do not pay But if it makes your panties bunch up, put in an aftermarket "G" series kit. We break her open and what do we find? For more experienced shooters taking a practical shooting outlook, the Beretta excels. I served with the 1911, my son with the M9, but that cheap cz999 is a pleasure to shoot. I have had a 92FS since the 90s. Both the 17-round stainless and the 15-round PVD coated magazines feature a dirt rail a slight indentation on both sides of the magazine. To the average end user its virtually irrelevant provided the weapon has a reasonable life expectancy. The hotrodding and conversion pieces were 800 and I was a barrel short! If someone created a case hardened, and properly finished aftermarket slide release lever that reliably eliminates the problem I would purchase it and recommend it to the USAMU and the rest of the Army. Stay in the know. If you love the 92 ,there are a lot of variants that will do you right,but if you really want to treat yourself for all your hard work in your life,try the Wilson or Langdon Tactical tuned 92's.. I handled one recently and agree with your thoughts about the thickness of the stock; despite the pistols sleek, even racy, look, it does feel like a big handful. The M92A1 has the new buffer system that extends the life of the gun, even though they were rated for 30,000 rounds without the buffer. When applied, the safety safely lowers the hammer, and also rotates the rear of the two-piece firing pin out of alignment, thus making it impossible for the hammer to strike. The gun weighs a mighty 34.2 ounces empty. Check Price . Gemtech is mostly known for making cans, but all of their products are high quality and well-made pieces of gear. I make the bullets just short enough to still fit in the magazine and find this to be a very accurate shooter. While I certainly see his point, I have large hands and fat fingers, and thus prefer to use the slide stop to release the slide. Such a weapon firing that type of ammo will offer the increased lethality (better terminal ballistics) that the US Army is after, as well as inherently better accuracy at all ranges, and increased magazine capacity. One feature unique, although not exclusive to the Beretta, is the locking-block mechanism. The 92f seem hold up ever well lots of shooting . When adding ING drop the E Beretta also textures the magazine release with a circular-cut that engages your magazine release finger. Its a natural shooting weapon for beginners. Beretta Barrel 92fs 9mm Luger Standard Blued Italy $199.99 Beretta M922/m9a122 Barrel Threaded 5.3" .22lr Blued $129.00 (Save $1.01) $127.99 . Is is easier, faster, and more efficient. Difference Between Beretta 92FS and Beretta M9 This massive magazine was made for the CX4 Storm but works perfectly in the Beretta 92. the 90Two was built for the .40 S+W cartridge,so +P 9mm should be fine. So I proceed to round up the sear, the sear pin and spring. On magazine choice alone, I prefer the increased capacity of the 92A1 over the M9A1. The roadster inspired top not only reduces weight, but is supposed to make clearing jams easier. Barrel Length: 5 Bore condition: Excellent. Dont you all just love this state? The 92FS works similar to an old Walther where the locking mechanism uses a separate block to align and lock the barrel up. Glocks blow! He is a famed pro shooter and instructor and the gunsmith behind most of the high-end Beretta upgrades. for those looking for a steel recoil rod for the 92A1this is the only place Ive found that have them specifically for this model. However, I cant see the value in making the purchase unless its a dedicated range fun-gun. Beretta M9-22 & M9A1-22 . It has since been my all time favorite along with most of my marines and sailors. He currently teaches concealed carry courses and enjoys spending time in Floridas Nature Coast. They made good gear, and their mags are a steel steal if you know what Im saying. I really love this gun as it is durable/ heavy/and well made.. however it is an outdated piece of equipment. What I dont like about my 92 is the old-style trigger that slightly cants rearward at the break (fire) point (as do many revolvers), causing my finger to slide down against the guard & TORQUEING down. Ergonomics * * * * Its a bit wide for a sub compact but it holds 13 in the mag so a bit of bulk is kind of expected. Made in Italy. This barrel is will fit Beretta 92, 90-Two, M9, M9A1, & M9A3 series pistols. The first advantage is the reduction in weight. This polymer low ride level 3 retention holster is a popular choice among law enforcement and, ultimately, a better tactical holster for the Beretta 92. Bernadette beretta began to report a small, . Personalize your experience. Do you believe he will EVER be in a gun fight? This is a factory original replacement barrel manufactured by Beretta. I see the military addopting this fire arm in one way or another next. Beretta won this competition. Likewise, Beretta claims it won the trials in reliability testing on its website in 1984? In some close gunfights, fingers are traumatically amputated. A G Beretta 92 is a model with a decocker only, and you can turn your 92FS into a G model by merely swapping a part or two. While training and shooting at distances between 3 to 10 metres, accuracy wise it does the job perfectly. So it isnt surprising that there were some issues with the military trials of the Beretta 92. Plain and simple I want one. The 92FS is a very comfortable gun to hold. im getting a 92x compact and i found some 108 grain rounds and im unsure if they will work? I have worked coulp gun ranges 92F seem be one few 9mm that worked ever time you shoot it. Shoots very low and a little to the left. Beretta Model 92 Series 15 Round Magazine .22 LR C Beretta Factory Replacement Part Beretta Model 92FS/96 Steel Internals Trigger/S Beretta Factory Replacement Part Beretta Model 92F Beretta 92FS/M9/96 Locking Block Kit OEM Replacement Parts Steel Black.